My hopes for 2 Div II level players

Teamhawk1

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling: My 1st ever post here but longtime reader. 1st I like 6-3 3/8, 254lbs, 4.65E Billy Brown from Shepard college.
Analysis: There has been no receiver in this class with as much production over the last two years. Brown is a two-time All-American and three-time All-MEC pick who has hauled in 32 touchdowns in 2015 and 2016 combined. Prior to sitting out 2013 due to a torn ACL he was an honorable mention All-WVIAC pick in 2012. Billy has a big body with strong hands who uses his frame to shield defenders. He can catch very well and has been a nightmare matchup for defenders in the slot or out near the sideline. There is talk he may be a tight end for some teams and receiver for others. His speed will be key but if he can run a 4.6, as scouts expect, at the NFL Combine then he should be a definite mid to late rounder.

Then we have a monster of a DT whom the staff brought in for a look, Grover Stewart Albany State:

DT GROVER STEWART, ALBANY STATE (GA)

6-4 ¼, 347lbs, 5.20E

Analysis: If you are looking for a potential combine snub to get drafted this is my highest rated as Stewart is such a massive and strong man that I’ll be shocked if he is not drafted. The Albany State product was dominant in his career earning All-SIAC honors four straight years and completely pushed around and dominated the SIAC competition. His strength, big body, and ability to dictate plays made him a big buzz guy late in the season and he showed that ability at the NFLPA Bowl. The upside is there as he is very raw but if he tests well at pro day and interviews well then I expect him to go in the late rounds and play for a long time in the NFL.

Projection: 6th round
Both are projects but this Stewart guy could really stuff up the middle for sure. What do you guys say?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Teamhawk1":cdccklk3 said:
:greetingsearthling: My 1st ever post here but longtime reader. 1st I like 6-3 3/8, 254lbs, 4.65E Billy Brown from Shepard college.
Analysis: There has been no receiver in this class with as much production over the last two years. Brown is a two-time All-American and three-time All-MEC pick who has hauled in 32 touchdowns in 2015 and 2016 combined. Prior to sitting out 2013 due to a torn ACL he was an honorable mention All-WVIAC pick in 2012. Billy has a big body with strong hands who uses his frame to shield defenders. He can catch very well and has been a nightmare matchup for defenders in the slot or out near the sideline. There is talk he may be a tight end for some teams and receiver for others. His speed will be key but if he can run a 4.6, as scouts expect, at the NFL Combine then he should be a definite mid to late rounder.

Then we have a monster of a DT whom the staff brought in for a look, Grover Stewart Albany State:

DT GROVER STEWART, ALBANY STATE (GA)

6-4 ¼, 347lbs, 5.20E

Analysis: If you are looking for a potential combine snub to get drafted this is my highest rated as Stewart is such a massive and strong man that I’ll be shocked if he is not drafted. The Albany State product was dominant in his career earning All-SIAC honors four straight years and completely pushed around and dominated the SIAC competition. His strength, big body, and ability to dictate plays made him a big buzz guy late in the season and he showed that ability at the NFLPA Bowl. The upside is there as he is very raw but if he tests well at pro day and interviews well then I expect him to go in the late rounds and play for a long time in the NFL.

Projection: 6th round
Both are projects but this Stewart guy could really stuff up the middle for sure. What do you guys say?
Welcome! Thanks for the info. If there is any team that finds diamonds in the rough it's Seattle.
Even if those guys don't get drafted they might be FA pickups.