Grade the Seahawks Draft

Which grade would you give the Seahawks for this Draft?

• B

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • C

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • D

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • F

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

nash72

Reaction score
D

I'm sure some of the picks will pan out and play, but we skipped over some players that were very talented. I thought we could have done better than Griffin, Hill, and Jones. The Pocic pick was horrid as he'll be a situational lineman at best and wont shine at any of the positions. Not drafting a true left tackle was a true tragedy though. Our Oline is going to stink once again.

What this draft does tell me though is that Chancellor and Britt will be gone after next season for sure.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Terrible draft. We should have taken Garrett Bolles, Ryan Ramczyk, Cam Robinson, Forrest Lamp, Myles Garrett, and Leonard Fournette.

JGreen79

Reaction score
On a serious note I'm very pleased so far. Fresh legs for the DL rotation, CB opposite Sherman, Safety depth, starting RG who excels at run blocking, and a WR who can run block.

Pretty clear what they plan to do this year, and they seem to be drafting to stick to said plan.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
JGreen79":2wu4hhda said:
On a serious note I'm very pleased so far. Fresh legs for the DL rotation, CB opposite Sherman, Safety depth, starting RG who excels at run blocking, and a WR who can run block.

Pretty clear what they plan to do this year, and they seem to be drafting to stick to said plan.
Stop being sensible only hysterical hyperbole is allowed.

original poster

Reaction score
We're getting younger and reducing our cap in the process, I LOVE it!

Malik McDowell is going to be Calais Campbell 2.0.

Mick063

Reaction score
The armchair experts don't know a damn thing.

They have not interviewed anybody. They have not worked anybody out. They are not professionally trained to evaluate football players.

And even if all of the above were true:

They could not give a proper evaluation for this draft class until they had realized at least a season worth of observation.

The pearl clutching here at Seahawks.net is hilariously revealing.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Come on people. Anyone reading a few mock drafts automatically becomes more of an expert on talent evaluation than the guys paid to watch tape, go to games, go to the combine, interview potential players, and find guys who fit what they want to do with their team. It's time we give the internet mock draft guys reigns to the team.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
original poster":37ej3ubo said:
We're getting younger and reducing our cap in the process, I LOVE it!

Malik McDowell is going to be Calais Campbell 2.0.

I said the exact thing to my buddy as we watched that pick come in! McDowell's body type and physical attributes immediately screamed Calais Campbell to me. From a versatility standpoint he's bonkers. Can move inside at 3tech and Outside at 5tech and be very effective. He's bigger than Mike Bennett and a far superior pass rusher to Red Bryant.

All these fools whose faces are leaking uncontrollably because we didn't draft Lamp are going to be screaming and fist pumping as this man wreaks havoc on pockets for years to come.

I give these first 3 rounds a solid B+. Our defense got EXPONENTIALLY more talented yesterday.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DanejaHawk":1gxcozsh said:
I give these first 3 rounds a solid B+. Our defense got EXPONENTIALLY more talented yesterday.
That wasn't a valid poll option; please confine your opinions to one of the selections provided by seatownlowdown. It's important to the process that you establish firm opinions along those guidelines before we select our remaining four players, before any of our draft picks show up to training camp, and certainly before any of them see time in a NFL game.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Mick063":ooqisd2j said:
The armchair experts don't know a damn thing.

They have not interviewed anybody. They have not worked anybody out. They are not professionally trained to evaluate football players.

And even if all of the above were true:

They could not give a proper evaluation for this draft class until they had realized at least a season worth of observation.

The pearl clutching here at Seahawks.net is hilariously revealing.

Whole lotta talent evaluating machines in here. Until we see the team the negative nellies would put together and how it develops over a 2 or 3 year period it's hard to tell if the wanna be GM's turn out to be Hawk level or Browns. Context is everything.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Only done up to the third round, no "A" option. Dumb, just dumb.

I give this thread an "F"

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Can we audit the draft for personal enrichment or do we have to take the class for credit? I'll have to see my adviser, Mr. Goodell to ask him...although I heard he's an ass.

Sealake80

Reaction score
It has been exciting. The Seahawks drafts are always full of surprises. Hopefully JS and PC are still smarter than most of us!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
As others have said, incomplete but on paper. I love it, A.

When you look at this draft as a whole so far, it's pretty damn impressive. This was never going to be a fix the oline issues draft but we got deeper and more talented at much needed positions and still found a little oline help. We can all complain about not getting x or y player, but they had a game plan and they nailed it, our best draft in the last few years.