Draft

hawks85

Reaction score
I'm not a huge college football fan, but Amara Darboh was my favorite player this year. This guy has the chance to be really good. I'm glad we drafted him.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Putting this here, because other draft threads are all screwed up by bickering already. I admit I haven't watched a bunch of college football, mostly UW (because I live here, and went there), but the draft overall seemed to be a productive one for us. My main hope was for the team to draft an OL or two who actually PLAYED on an OL before, to get a CB who can cause teams to try Sherm more instead of just avoiding him altogether, and maybe reload some D backfield depth (with one maybe turning into another star starter). A tall order probably, but that's why JS gets the big bux. I actually think these might have been accomplished. I was hoping to see one of the UW D backfield get drafted by us since the UW defense was pretty darn good and I'm biased, but let's bring on the season!

sdog1981

Reaction score
This guy to me is going to make it even harder for Kearse to get on the field. He has a very Anquan Boldin type of body and playing style.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1jwmj42j said:
My main hope was for the team to draft an OL or two who actually PLAYED on an OL before

This is a 2015 lament.

Every drafted OL on this team is now a player that played OL in college. Sweezy/Sokoli/Gilliam are now gone. Fant wasn't drafted (and could easily become the best convert project we've had). The joke was kind of funny for the last few years but it's a bit stale now. And also not applicable anymore.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Darboh is intriguing. Pete and John obviously liked his clutch gene. He's a little bigger than Kearse, which could open our playbook a bit, but also with the occasional drop problem.

Latest posts