The annual Adopt A Rookie thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Getting this started a little early cuz i have to head out. Maybe one of the kind mods could edit in our last 3 picks for me, or i'll do it later.

You all know the drill. Choose 1, and only 1, rookie who's back you got no matter what:

Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
Ethan Pocic, O'line, LSU
Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF
Delano Hall, S, Michigan
Nazair Jones, DT, North Carolina
Amara Darboh, WR Michigan
Tedrick Thompson, S, Colorado
Mike Tyson, S, Cincinatti
Justin Senior, T, Mississippi St.
Chris Carson, rb, Oklahoma st
David Moore, wr, somewhere in Oklahoma

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm taking my boy D'boh. I hear he's built like Hulk Hogan and runs like a horse. Seems like a pretty good combination. I think he'll be what Jermaine Kearse wishes he was.

naholmes

Reaction score
I'm taking Shaquill Griffin, he's gonna play a ton of snaps as a rookie. 135 sparq and ex 400m track and field runner so you know he can run all day.

crosfam

Reaction score
Ethan Pocic, O'line, LSU

Future all-pro left tackle.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like Pocic, and I think he'll be good, but with that said, I am going SHAQ GRIFFIN.

He's going to be good for us.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
After the amount of time I spent yelling last year about a lack of interior pass rush, I have to go with the much maligned Malik McDowell.

Calling it here: 6 sacks after week 6. Needs a counter move. I think it'll take 10 weeks (PS1-4, RS1-6) to work that out.

Stud.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I gotta go with the first pick too, McDowell. I have been whining about a 3tech for so long I am excited to see one. I'd love to see Jones do well here with the hell he's gone thru with his body, so just put me down for the dline :)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'd go with McDowell, as I really like what I see in him.

But as a fan of the underdog I gotta go with Tedic Thompson; think he's gonna be a playa!

chris98251

Reaction score
Trying to decide, every time I pick a player they get cut, just have to figure who we don't want now.

If I chose Ethan Pocic, and he got cut the melt down here would be amusing to watch, the hand wringing and wasted pick talk and probably a Fan strike by those thinking we should have taken ten O lineman this year.

Since everyone seems to be going with mostly roster locks I will go with the guy that nobody knows, Orphans need a adoptive person that will take them and care no matter whether they are a celebrity pick or the workmanlike pick.

Last Receiver I chose was Chris Harper who I think played with the Lions last year.

David Moore is my guy, 4.43 speed and will lay out for a catch, helps his QB by using his body like Mike Williams used to do here. He is in the fight of his life to make this roster however.

Kasen Williams
Amara Dorboh
Jamel Johnson
Jermaine Kearse
Kenny Lawler
Tanner McEvoy
Rodney Smith

All vying for the Possession Big receiver roll then we have our 4 speed guys and slot guys.

Richardson
Lockett
Baldwin
and Grayson

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'll go with Thompson. The kid plays with a lot of heart and is very grateful for his chance here.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I want a third lol, Carson just looks fun to watch, love that physicality, if he makes the roster somehow i'd be ecstatic but that's a long shot.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pocic, because he has already reached Jermaine Kearse-level hate with some posters here.

Josea16

Reaction score
Malik McDowell....if he gets to somewhere in Calais Campbell's general nieghborhood as everybody is saying a lock if properly motivated he's a game changer. Who better then PC at motivation?

randomation

Reaction score
Jordan Roos I'm kind of shocked he wasn't drafted he was a beast at Purdue a place where it's hard to be a beast because the talent level is low. Purdue also throws a lot unlike LSU. He allowed a total of 8 pressures and 1 sack in his final year. Provided Cable doesn't mess with his technique he has a legit chance to be a starter by mid season.

Also like Carson and think he can shove Collins and Pope to the practice squad but we will see.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I wanted to pick Pocic just to troll some people, and because he's the most technically polished lineman Cable has picked in, like, ever.

But I'm going with McDowell. Interior pass rush has been the defense's biggest and most under-acknowledged weakness for years, and if this guy has Calais Campbell upside, our defense will again feast on turnovers.