West Virginia QB Skyler "Mad Bomber" Howard signs as UDFA

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Dude has a great arm. I suspect he'll push Boykin for the backup spot. Love this signing.

nash72

Reaction score
Not a fan of Howard. Being from WV, i've seen more than enough from him to say that Boykins back up position is safe. Howard will live on the practice squad unless drastic injuries happen. Inaccurate and a so so arm.

Jville

Reaction score
Enjoyed the video highlight collection. All those deep in stride passes really stood out for me. Looking forward to seeing if he can get up to speed in time for a game 1 preseason appearance.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Looked good in the highlight real, but that is kind of the purpose of a highlight reel :D

Not sure Boykin's situation with his legal troubles. Haven't been following too close. Nice to add another arm and brain to the QB room though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
To be honest, this guy was marginal at best in college. Dana Holgorsen's system is tailor made to produce eye popping offensive stats and Howard rarely accomplished that. This is this years RJ Archer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Has a long way to go to earn the Mad Bomber title, Darryl Lamonica still has that incased in stone.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I can definitely see why they signed him. Gutsy, gritty player that can run. Very similar size to Wilson. Nice footwork.

His passes often lacked a tight spiral and were a little wobbly at times. Not sure if he has a plus arm. He probably doesn't have the physical gifts of Boykin, but if he has his head on straight and outshines Boykin, you would have to take that over Boykin and his issues any day.

I would like to see us bring in a taller, established veteran with different attributes to compete as well.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I personally would have gone for the kid from Baylor.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
nash72":3nfzcg3m said:
Not a fan of Howard. Being from WV, i've seen more than enough from him to say that Boykins back up position is safe. Howard will live on the practice squad unless drastic injuries happen. Inaccurate and a so so arm.
Not a fan? Shocking...

garrylt4

Reaction score
From West Virginia and watched him several times. I hate to say it but I always felt WVU could have started someone better. Wasn't consistent, it seem to me that he had to put to much air under the ball to get it there. Not a huge fan and couldn't believe we signed him. But now, just like in college, I'm rooting for him to do great.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

irocdave

Reaction score
That's a highlight video, and frankly, he doesn't have a good arm. I bet I could hit most of those bombs at 47 YO. Lots of air under them and loose spiral. Small hands and weak arm. He looks to be RW size or maybe even smaller, much weaker arm and less accurate. This guy was really staring down receivers and making a point of aiming his throws.

Something I have been thinking about for awhile, seems that guys that have played baseball in their younger years really know how to throw the football, from all arm angles. They also have great situational awareness. Would love to see a stat of NFL QB's that played baseball in their younger years and or college. The NFL wont advertise the BB background, but I bet most great NFL QB's played BB when younger.

I was a pitcher in HS and BU QB in HS. Playing BB at a young age really taught me to be able to throw and more importantly, understand where my momentum was going and limbs were when throwing.

When you here RW in the huddle he uses BB lingo to get the team moving.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2auvlyl5 said:
That's a highlight video, and frankly, he doesn't have a good arm. I bet I could hit most of those bombs at 47 YO...
I was a pitcher in HS and BU QB in HS. Playing BB at a young age really taught me to be able to throw and more importantly, understand where my momentum was going and limbs were when throwing.

[youtube]6vQpW9XRiyM[/youtube]

nash72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":fycy8t2l said:
nash72":fycy8t2l said:
Not a fan? Shocking...

Other members here arent fans either, but thanks for pointing me out. Glad I have such a lasting impression with you.

qxy0g.gif

Latest posts