Dion Jordan up to 280

dutchcoug

Reaction score
But I guess it's by design, they're looking to have him play on the d-line. I personally don't see it working out with him but it's no risk to the Seahawks.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I was intrigued when I thought he could possibly play SLB if he rounded into shape. I have a hard time imagining him making the roster as a down lineman. He's not a great pass rusher and not very explosive. We just added a couple superior DL prospects in the draft. But who knows?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I thought when they signed him the goal was to get him to reduce weight to 255 or so. That way he can fill the void that Irvin left. Too bad the team isn't thinking that way because none of the guys they added to the roster seem like they can fill that role - Wilhoite, Brown, etc. We already know that Marsh can't...Morgan is unsigned as of now.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...-pounds-will-play-defensive-line-for-seahawks

titan3131

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zj5vt4b said:
I thought when they signed him the goal was to get him to reduce weight to 255 or so. That way he can fill the void that Irvin left. Too bad the team isn't thinking that way because none of the guys they added to the roster seem like they can fill that role - Wilhoite, Brown, etc. We already know that Marsh can't...Morgan is unsigned as of now.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...-pounds-will-play-defensive-line-for-seahawks

Jsut a head up we ran a 4-2-5 60% + last year adn we are looking to go to it predominately this year, hence why we didnt draft any LB's.

FS Earl / T.Tomphson
SS Kam/Delano
NS B McDougald/Mike tyson

See how that fills out our rsoter perfectly for a 3 safety look that we will run in 4-2-5? This means only Bobby and Kj are on the field so we dont need as many LB's.

razor150

Reaction score
Seems like he is being set up to fail, because every thing I've seen on him it just doesn't seem like this is a smart transition for him. He seems more like a LB/DE hybrid like Irvin, and he failed in Miami because he put on more weight to be strictly a DE. Seems like we're just doubling down on their mistake.

bighawk

Reaction score
Wow the negative thinking the key to this is him being healthy if his weight is muscle weight then he should be fine. He has explosive traits similar to McDowell but like i said if he is healthy he can be a force on the inside and outside. Go hawks

Seafan

Reaction score
He's 6-6 280. Don't know if he'll make the team but it's a completely risk free addition to the pile. He'll compete with McDowell. I love how PC is establishing competition for a couple players who need that motivation.

endzorn

Reaction score
I like the signing based on the fact there is talent in that body, but he's going to have to overcome some serious odds to make the active roster.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Carroll remarked he weighs "280 something." This guy was not known for his work ethic so I doubt he's gained this much muscle. Seems like he may be destined for the preseason week 3 cut list.

bighawk

Reaction score
He has been at 275 since 2014 so its not like he has just put on this weight this past offseason. He also had a knee injury. His health will be the determining factor.

Hawks46

Reaction score
razor150":34artgi8 said:
Seems like he is being set up to fail, because every thing I've seen on him it just doesn't seem like this is a smart transition for him. He seems more like a LB/DE hybrid like Irvin, and he failed in Miami because he put on more weight to be strictly a DE. Seems like we're just doubling down on their mistake.

Seems like the same thing to me as well.

bighawk

Reaction score
He had a knee injury while he was out on suspension and once he was reinstated it was news to the dolphins. He just needs to get healthy.

massari

Reaction score
Seems to be the general consensus that he was misused and is better suited at SLB.

Maybe he's just not disciplined enough to keep his weight down?

Was hoping for Irvin 2.0 since SLB is a bit of a hole atm.

bighawk

Reaction score
His weight is from the knee injury plus they wanted to play him on the d-line. Once he is healthy I think he will be fine.

titan3131

Reaction score
Pete said he will be playing on the Dline as an END. Not LB.

massari

Reaction score
titan3131":3jyzcr96 said:
Pete said he will be playing on the Dline as an END. Not LB.
Because he's overweight or did they originally want him at DE?

titan3131

Reaction score
With all of his past issues I doubt they would give him a chance of his weight was sloppy weight.

Latest posts