Chris Carson, Lev Bell Light?

jhern87

Reaction score
Watching his highlights, man does he remind me of a Le'Veon Bell / Legarrette Blount type. Dude just has that mentality that he's going to get those extra yards. Anyways, I was curious to see his combine results and how they stack up to that of Lev Bell and they're actually quite similar:

CC compared to LB:

Height: 1" shorter
Weight: 12 lbs lighter than his combine weight but LB is now only about 7 lbs heavier.
Arms: 2" longer
Hands: same size
40: 0.02 faster
Bench: 1 less
Vert: 5.5" higher
Broad jump: 12" longer

Look, I'm in no way saying that CC is going to be Le'veon Bell but his running style / measurables are awfully similar so there's reasons for optimism. As with any late round RB the cards will be stacked against him (Especially considering he's had injury issues and is facing a fairly loaded depth chart) but I can't wait to see him get his chance. Hell, even if it's at FB like what's being rumored.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Similar running style? I don't see it. Bell is very unique.

OP
OP
jhern87

jhern87

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":sccxjiev said:

Two guys around 220 hurdling and running through guys and you don't see it? Hmm.. okay.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jhern87":131nyh3i said:
Coug_Hawk08":131nyh3i said:

Two guys around 220 hurdling and running through guys and you don't see it? Hmm.. okay.

Bell has a unique way of hitting the hole. He's very patient and will actually almost stop, then turn upfield and explodes through the hole. Bell also stiff arms more because he switches hands.

Carson didn't look nearly so patient. He also looked a bit more explosive and not quite as smooth as Bell. He also carries the ball only in his right hand, meaning he can only stiff arm guys when he runs to the right side.

Bell also is a better receiver at this point, but it's possible that Carson has never really had a chance to showcase that skill set yet.

I really don't see the similarity. It's like saying Carson runs like Marshawn Lynch. The only similarity there is that they would both run over guys. Their running styles are miles apart.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
How are we supposed to evaluate with the current nfl rules on padded practices.
I think the nflpa hurt some rookies chances of breaking a roster .
Who makes the team and who clears waivers is gonna be nail biting cuz I like this kid and other teams are going to get some good players raiding our closet.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really hope the next contract they open up this restriction somewhat, it hurts O lineman the most.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bell and Blount have such completely different running styles.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Following the conclusion of the draft on Saturday, Seattle head coach Pete Carroll said Carson was a find late in the draft process and compared his running style to current Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls.

"I really love this guy because he's so physical and tough, the way he ran," Carroll said. "You haven't heard a lot about him. He didn't run the ball a lot, but when he did, he to me made a great statement of his style, and a style that we really covet."

"I'm a physical runner," Carson said. "Like to break tackles, get hard yards."

Carson ran for 559 yards and nine touchdowns on 82 carries while dealing with a broken left thumb during the 2016 season.

He started nine games for the Cowboys in 2015. He rushed for 1,076 yards and 13 touchdowns, adding 30 receptions for 298 yards and another score in two seasons with Oklahoma State after two years at a junior college

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/footbal ... 109261.php