Predict the starting O-line

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
The draft is now over and, barring a shocking turn of events (trade/cuts,etc), we likely have our starting 5 for the 2017 Seahawks (somewhere?) on the roster.

So who starts week 1?

Current Options:
George Fant
Rees Odhiambo
Luke Joeckel
Germaine Ifedi
Justin Britt
Mark Glowinski
Oday Aboushi
Joey Hunt
Ethan Pocic
Justin Senior
Robert Myers
Ross Burbank
Will Pericak
Jordan Roos

"So you think you're funny" Options
Your 90 year old mother
Ciara
As sack of potatoes
Boppo the clown
Russell Wilson

Someone should make a prize for this. Not me. I'm just an idea man.

My guess:
Odhiambo- Joeckel -Britt- Pocic- Ifedi

sdog1981

Reaction score
LT Fant
LG Glow
C Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Pocic

Only change one position? Last time that happened was 2012-2014

bighawk

Reaction score
Fant, Joekel, Britt, Pocic,Ifedi.
I dont think they paid Joekel all that money to ride the pine. Pocic has a nice skillset to start.

cheese22

Reaction score
L-R Joeckel
Odhiambo
Britt
Aboushi
Ifedi
I think Glowinski starts the year as LG, but Odhiambo eventually takes his spot.

cheese22

Reaction score
Reserves-Fant, Glow, Hunt, Pocic. Pocic and Glow give the flexibility to go with 9.
This is already the best I've felt about the line in several years. And, I think we look great once Fant, Pocic, Ifedi and Odhiambo get a couple years under their belt.

Atradees

Reaction score
At the beginning or middle or by the end of the season? 8 different starting line ups. That's my over and under.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People are counting out Aboushi too easily. He's not a Sowell, BaMjKEDZSkssriDLOCgY0ksGVw2UljpOb3ixCnUL1NM.

Of course, based on the tweet below, Aboushi may not be a lock for anything.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/860170293540737024[/tweet]

Week 1, I'd guess Joeckel-Glow-Britt-Aboushi-Ifedi. After that, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Pocic stole the RT or even the LG spot.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Joeckel (LT) * Pocic (LG) * Britt (C) * Glowinski (RG) * Ifedi (RT)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bighawk":2j4tlz3h said:
I dont think they paid Joekel all that money to ride the pine. Pocic has a nice skillset to start.

This right here.

It also takes into account the pressers and info from .com.

chris98251

Reaction score
Predict it when ? Who will be there the last 8 games or the first 8 games or starting pre season or at the end of pre season?

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":rbq9n5q4 said:
Predict it when ? Who will be there the last 8 games or the first 8 games or starting pre season or at the end of pre season?

Week 1.

naholmes

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ncd6ej4 said:
Fant-Joeckel-Britt-Glow-Ifedi
This one. But Pocic and Oday should be in the mix at guard and I'm not certain that Joeckel is ready for week 1.

toffee

Reaction score
bighawk":2hnhhpvx said:

Center and guards are pretty good, the two tackles are iffy.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
LT Joeckel
LG Glowinski
C Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Pocic

This is the "best case" scenario, IMO. Joeckel seizes the LT position, allowing Fant more time to develop his technique. Glowinski-Britt-Ifedi provide continuity along the interior from a corps that was beginning to play well toward the end of last season. Pocic proves he was worthy of a 2nd round choice by taking over at RT, like Britt did in 2014. This would be my Plan A, but there are quite a few iterations after that, involving Ifedi or even Joeckel at RT.

I see basically six guys with starting capability: Britt, Ifedi, Joeckel, Glowinski, Pocic, and Fant. I personally consider Aboushi, Odiahmbo, Hunt, and Myers to be extremely unathletic longshots and thus fringe NFL players. A dark horse would be UDFA Jordan Roos breaking into the competition at RG.

Depth would be a problem if Aboushi or Odiahmbo was thrust into the lineup due to injury. Joeckel's rehab makes him a wild card. If he doesn't play LT, then he has failed to live up to his $8 million salary. We also don't know whether Pocic can adequately play RT against NFL edge rushers. And, of course, I think moving Ifedi to RT would be a mistake due to his longstanding struggles in pass pro against speed rushers.

Whether this lineup will be better than the last couple seasons would basically depend on remaining healthy and Pocic playing RT at a higher level than Gilliam did.