Hawks sign Cottom. Cut Kelvin Taylor

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Pete said he was 270 last year and was counting on him to take that spot before the injury. Can play "move" TE as well.

[youtube]KsJ1mrz3ySQ[/youtube]

DJrmb

Reaction score
I expected Cottom to be brought back. Pete seems to really like him a lot and I got the feeling they had a big role for him last year which hurt when he had to go to IR. Hope they covered the bases this time though in case he gets hurt again...

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hope he stays healthy. Really a swiss army knife running a 4.6 at that size. Generates a lot of movement as a blocker and you can even leave him in on 3rd downs. Obviously you want Prosise to be i. There, but that's where you sometimes use both in a split back shotgun and motion Prosise out wide and leave Cottom there to smack a DE on a chip and possible checkdown for a fatty gain. You could do all sorts of things with this guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":vvlx1gi2 said:
Hope he stays healthy. Really a swiss army knife running a 4.6 at that size. Generates a lot of movement as a blocker and you can even leave him in on 3rd downs. Obviously you want Prosise to be i. There, but that's where you sometimes use both in a split back shotgun and motion Prosise out wide and leave Cottom there to smack a DE on a chip and possible checkdown for a fatty gain. You could do all sorts of things with this guy.

We have done a lot already, signed as a UDFA FB moved him from FB to TE, moved to PS moved to IR, cut, resigned as a FA TE, moved to IR, cut, signed as a FA TE again. I think that's all the moves so far, Tharold Simon is the only other player I know that shakes the roster designation category more then this kid :)

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Farmer on that one. Seems like he was in and out of a job every other week for the last 2 years.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I'd rather have Reece back. Granted I'd rather have Cottam than nothing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Why over think this, just bring Reese back and call it good. Not saying don't bring Cottom in to compete but Reese was money last year.

Seafan

Reaction score
Don't know if the Hawks value a FB who can't excel on STs. If there is room on the roster may the best man win. A lot of competition going forward, hopefully they all stay healthy.