Your personal all time "Shame Picks" Time to heal.

rjdriver

Reaction score
There is a reason I can't be too pissed the Hawks didn't take my "surefire superstar" Foster. There is a reason I don't feel comfortable posting "my take" on the draft. You see, I have issues. I don't feel worthy. It's too painful.

I'm learning about repressed feelings. There is one that I have buried deep down and, under the advice of my therapist, the time has come to be unearthed. The haunting must stop. It's time for me to start to heal. This is the first step. I'm coming out.

It's Mark Sanchez. There (sigh). I said it. MARK FREAKING SANCHEZ
I can freely admit that I actually wanted to draft Mark Sanchez in 2009. Like, bad. I was livid at the incompetence of our front office for turning down a sure fire franchise quarterback that could bring our team back to the glory we had tasted under Holmgren. I would have bet everything I had that he was the answer to whatever question was. That's right. I was pissed the Seahawks didn't select the progenitor of the butt fumble with the 4th pick in the NFL draft.

So now fellow .NET members, please join me in listing your absolute shameful draft desires. The ones that you were crazy angry that the Hawks didn't select , that ended up to be absolute turds. The ones who you don't freely admit to, unless you've consumed a prodigious amount of alcohol.

Be honest and remember

IMG 1294

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I'm not a draft expert so I don't really have any input, but did you hear there is a good chance Reuben Foster is out for the year? :shock:

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":3iv87ncx said:
I'm not a draft expert so I don't really have any input, but did you hear there is a good chance Reuben Foster is out for the year? :shock:

No kidding? Wow.
Which only further proves, my gratitude for my day job.

chris98251

Reaction score
There has been a lot in 40 years or so, but would of should of could of''s aside pretty much everything when Behring took over. Just think we could have had Brett Farve if not for Behring.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wanted the Hawks to draft Aaron Curry @ 4, they did I was estatic, and oops! :oops:

chet380

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2s73ar6h said:
I wanted the Hawks to draft Aaron Curry @ 4, they did I was ecstatic, and oops! :oops:
Same here -- still incomprehensible to me as to why he couldn't play at the level he did in college.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Meh. Way too many would could shouldas can happen, the teams, the coaches, the talent around them play a huge role in a player's success. Suffice to say, if Tom Brady were drafted by Cleveland, the only people who would know him today would be the clients buying insurance from him.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I wanted Michael Crabtree that year.

Looking back on that draft I think the 3 main guys everyone wanted were Sanchez, Curry or Crabtree. None of the 3 lived up to their draft status....and really looking at the rest of the 1st round picks, there werent many guys that did that year at all.

randomation

Reaction score
I wanted DGB a lot. His measurables were just eye popping and I thought Pete and co. could motivate him. Sadly at this point I don't think anyone could I expected him to have a chip on his shoulder and take the league by storm but seems he just doesn't care at all.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
While not a draft pick, I remember vividly wondering if Pete had lost his mind when he traded away our best DE (Darryl Tapp) for an undersized LB (Chris Clemons) and then made Red Bryant the world's largest DE???

Talk about grasping for straws SMH….

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
chet380":slqtcab2 said:
Sports Hernia":slqtcab2 said:
I wanted the Hawks to draft Aaron Curry @ 4, they did I was ecstatic, and oops! :oops:
Same here -- still incomprehensible to me as to why he couldn't play at the level he did in college.

Aaron Curry. That's mine, too. As I recall... it was the same draft, was it not?

Mick063

Reaction score
Todd Gurley

I honestly thought he would turn out to be better than Adrian Peterson or Ladanian Thomlinson.

Meaning.....you would have to go all the way back to Barry Sanders to find a comparable talent.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2bq5xfjt said:
chet380":2bq5xfjt said:
Sports Hernia":2bq5xfjt said:

Aaron Curry. That's mine, too. As I recall... it was the same draft, was it not?

Just think how mad this board would have been had we traded down several times, passing on sure fire Allpro LBs like Curry, Cushing, and Orakpo, only to draft that loser Clay Matthews…

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":1c7qa2bn said:
RastaHawk12!":1c7qa2bn said:
chet380":1c7qa2bn said:
Sports Hernia":1c7qa2bn said:

Just think how mad this board would have been had we traded down several times, passing on sure fire Allpro LBs like Curry, Cushing, and Orakpo, only to draft that loser Clay Matthews…

I SEE HEAD'S EXPLODING!!! :shock:

getnasty

Reaction score
My list is long, I wonder sometimes if some of these guys that fail were put into different systems from the get go if things would be a whole lot different? You look at a guy like David Carr he was set up to fail and it probably broke him for the rest of his career.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":283idupb said:
Ryan Mallett.

I was on this wagon too. Wanted Seattle to get a great franchise QB and he looked the part. Also waiting for the Jake Locker posts. :lol: