Jarran Reed investigated for assault

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Bellevue Police responded to a complaint from an adult female who claimed that Seattle Seahawk Jarran Reed had assaulted her in late April, according to sources close to the Bellevue Police Department.
The alleged incident happened on April 27 at 3 a.m. at a home in Bellevue.
Sources confirm that the domestic violence case is open. Investigators are looking into the claim, and there has still been no determination on if charges will be filed

http://www.king5.com/mb/sports/nfl/seah ... /437977570

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, let's hope he didn't do this.

Luckily the team loaded up on DT in the draft...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":jmv31jdc said:
Bellevue Police responded to a complaint from an adult female who claimed that Seattle Seahawk Jarran Reed had assaulted her in late April, according to sources close to the Bellevue Police Department.
The alleged incident happened on April 27 at 3 a.m. at a home in Bellevue.
Sources confirm that the domestic violence case is open. Investigators are looking into the claim, and there has still been no determination on if charges will be filed

http://www.king5.com/mb/sports/nfl/seah ... /437977570
Not good IF true. Time will tell. Cut his ass if he is guilty.

chris98251

Reaction score
Notice all this stuff seems to happen in Bellevue, Lynch's accusation, Coleman, Moffat, Hill, there are others but considering how many other places there are unless they all live on Clyde Hill.

I really hope it is just another cash grab attempt.

Players need to get smarter about professional baiters putting them in these situations.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
chris98251":24c9qd35 said:
Notice all this stuff seems to happen in Bellevue, Lynch's accusation, Coleman, Moffat, Hill, there are others but considering how many other places there are unless they all live on Clyde Hill.

Players need to get smarter about professional baiters putting them in these situations.

Definitely. They all need to be weary of the master-baiters.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":3rq3uibc said:

A large number of Hawks live in Bellevue.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
For the possible victim I hope it's not true or serious.

FWIW there's a mandatory six game suspension if he's charged.

That said, I'm guessing after the way they bungled the Frank Clark draft fallout the team will have to do some of its own repair work also if this ends up being true, as that's going to get evoked every time this story gets mentioned if there's any legs to it. (my guess is the Ray McDonald fiasco from a couple years ago is a big reason why the 9ers cut Tramaine Brock within 24 hours of him getting arrested for DV this off-season).

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
Assault could be as simple as grabbing an arm or knocking an object out of a hand so before the pitch forks come out I'd be interested in hearing what happened. Hopefully he a decent enough human not to hit a woman but if not he has what's coming for him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TaFeargOrm":3h7rv266 said:
Assault could be as simple as grabbing an arm or knocking an object out of a hand so before the pitch forks come out I'd be interested in hearing what happened. Hopefully he a decent enough human not to hit a woman but if not he has what's coming for him.

True. Bruce Miller got arrested for domestic battery for breaking his fiancées phone, which is a crappy thing to do, but worlds apart from battering someone (which he then did later and was thankfully pushed out of football for, but still)

naholmes

Reaction score
This happened about 14 hours before the draft began. It could explain why the Hawks drafted two DTs in the first three rounds. Hopefully the complaint is baseless but I suspect there may be some validity to it.

titan3131

Reaction score
naholmes":6tcl75yq said:
This happened about 14 hours before the draft began. It could explain why the Hawks drafted two DTs in the first three rounds. Hopefully the complaint is baseless but I suspect there may be some validity to it.

this is ridiculous man, We drafted 2 DT because it was a MAJOR position of need. We didnt resign Mcdaniel, and other then Practice squad guys it was REED -RUBIN - QJeff on the roster. WE ususally carry 6 DT, and I dont have confidence in Practice squad guys making the jump to being Stars.

Chapow

Reaction score
TaFeargOrm":26e05be9 said:

Actually, there doesn't even need to be physical contact for something to legally be considered assault.

Indeed, generally the main distinction between an assault and a battery is that no contact is necessary for an assault, whereas an offensive or illegal contact must occur for a battery.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-ch ... rview.html

I get what you're saying though. Some people just automatically assume a punch was thrown (or similar violent attack) when they hear the word assault and that just isn't always the case.

It would be nice if people waited until they had even a remote clue of what did or didn't happen before they judge the guy.
At this point all we know is someone claimed that Reed assaulted them. That's it. And that isn't much.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":1cski1zk said:
chris98251":1cski1zk said:

A large number of Hawks live in Bellevue.

Clyde Hill is in Bellevue right down from Bellevue square and up the road a bit is where a lot of visiting teams stay I think it's the Hyatt Regency.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
you don't suddenly disrupt your entire draft plan on speculation which at the time would be super vague.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bummer if true for obvious reasons and also selfishly for football reasons. I think Reed was set up to play a bigger role this year. Like others, I will wait to pass judgement.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3fggzk93 said:
you don't suddenly disrupt your entire draft plan on speculation which at the time would be super vague.

Unless the team talked to Jarran and he told them exactly what happened.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Popeyejones":306nxc4a said:

That said, I'm guessing after the way they bungled the Frank Clark draft fallout the team will have to do some of its own repair work also if this ends up being true, as that's going to get evoked every time this story gets mentioned if there's any legs to it. (my guess is the Ray McDonald fiasco from a couple years ago is a big reason why the 9ers cut Tramaine Brock within 24 hours of him getting arrested for DV this off-season).

The DV policy is flavor of the month. See Greg Hardy. Allowed to play in week 1 before the Rice video came out then forced to sit 17 games in 2014. Since his case was thrown out on appeal it's easy to say he would not have sat one game, been a league pariah, and would still be playing if not for the Rice video.

If this happens to be a time the league pretends to care, bad news, if not, (sadly) few care.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3ue0k8n8 said:
ctrcat":3ue0k8n8 said:
Popeyejones":3ue0k8n8 said:

The DV policy is flavor of the month. See Greg Hardy. Allowed to play in week 1 before the Rice video came out then forced to sit 17 games in 2014. Since his case was thrown out on appeal it's easy to say he would not have sat one game, been a league pariah, and would still be playing if not for the Rice video.

If this happens to be a time the league pretends to care, bad news, if not, (sadly) few care.

We have gone over the Greg Hardy stuff here ad nauseum. Please don't defend the guy.
I don't think defending Greg Hardy was the intention, but rather pointing out that the NFL gauges public perspective and acts accordingly instead of ACTUALLY having some measure of integrity or policy.

That notion isn't really different from any other social aspect though, including fans of any given team.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Hopefully he's not guilty for non-football reasons. He is still a bust regardless