Hawks Scout Ed Dobbs to Colts

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Highly regarded Seahawks Scout Ed Dobbs is now the VP of Player Personal for the Colts.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/863093716747042816[/tweet]

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Good riddance. Haven't drafted well in 4 years anyway. :stirthepot:

In all seriousness, good for him.

Jville

Reaction score
This is a reset for the Colts. These 5 player personnel hirings provide enhanced insight into the staff and player personnel of the Seahawks, Chiefs and Browns. A plus side for Seattle could show up in the form of a mutually beneficial trade. It also reflects well on John and Seattle as a good place for scouts to grow their careers. The down side could show up in the loss of developmental practice squad and ghost personnel.

Colts Announce Five Player Personnel Hirings >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Announce-Five-Player-Personnel-Hirings/075d275b-0e35-44a5-81cd-7ec828a0d8a9[/urltargetblank]

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Maybe they realize they need a real analysis of QBs to draft instead of just grabbing the rather mediocre one with all the press-slobber on him?

irocdave

Reaction score
Colts must be trying to figure out how the Hawks are so good at drafting offensive lineman. Thats sarcasm, the Colts O line is almost as bad as the Hawks and their deffense if horrible.

nash72

Reaction score
Probably got tired of the FO passing on the players he recommended.

nash72

Reaction score
Just a theory, hence why I said probably. We've seen the FO pass on so many obvious and better ranked players in the draft that it has to be frustrating.

chris98251

Reaction score
nash72":10um93a9 said:
Just a theory, hence why I said probably. We've seen the FO pass on so many obvious and better ranked players in the draft that it has to be frustrating.

There in lies the problem, better ranked by who and for what usage and what type of system.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":80motpfe said:

In what universe does a random theory = "probable"?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Well, for example there was a draft where there was a huge debate over whether Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III was the best QB in the draft and should be taken at #1. We needed a QB and they were the obvious and better ranked players. I am sure if we offered enough first-round picks we could have nabbed one of them.

When we picked, Tannehill and Osweiller were still on the board, so there are examples of obvious and better-ranked players we passed on. Instead we waited until the third round to draft a QB. Scouts must have been fuming.

nash72

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1te6jonu said:
nash72":1te6jonu said:

*Mod Edit* He evidently wasn't that important to our FO or they would have kept him. He signed on with a bad to a middle of the road club, so its definitely not a 'the grass was greener on the other side' type of thing. Guess we'll never know the true reason for his departure. Kind of like Sherman Smith. At least Seto gave us a definitive answer.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":1tr45i2f said:
Ad Hawk":1tr45i2f said:
nash72":1tr45i2f said:

*Mod Edit* He evidently wasn't that important to our FO or they would have kept him. He signed on with a bad to a middle of the road club, so its definitely not a 'the grass was greener on the other side' type of thing. Guess we'll never know the true reason for his departure. Kind of like Sherman Smith. At least Seto gave us a definitive answer.

He went from being a scout to a V.P. Regardless of the club he's with, that's greener grass (green=$$$) if nothing else, and could easily be seen as a stepping stone to a better team.

PC will always support his players and coaches advancing their careers. This certainly is a move up in responsibility and learning the inner workings of a club.

It's not hard to see why Dobbs would go, and speculative and ridiculous theories aren't even necessary to explain it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":15ppwc3p said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/863093716747042816[/tweet]

Help me out here....IS IT DOBBS or DODDS???