Is Alex Collins a lock to make the team? To stay on team?

rjdriver

Reaction score
I have been working a ton and haven't kept up like I usually do, so I just wanted to get the pulse on AC.

I thought he started the season awfully, but showed some strong moments near the end of last year. Of course, with our O line, I doubt even a first rounder would have performed exceptionally well.

Anyway,

Let's say Lacy just kills it this year, Procise stays healthy and picks up where he left off before the injury, and for kicks and giggles let's say that Chris Carson exceeds expectations in camp. If all this comes to fruition.....

Is AC a lock to make the team?

Do you think he is guaranteed to make it through the season without losing his job?

Just curious what you guys think.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't think any RB after the top two (Lacy and Rawls) is absolutely safe.

AC will need to show up early this season to be secure in keeping his job which is a backup position.

Staying healthy and being available is critical for them all.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I had to go look at the roster to see who you were talking about. It's OK to take the extra 2 seconds to actually use a player's name. I don't blame you, the whole internet seems to do this because apparently it's in danger of getting full.

Your mission is being undone, you realize, by the folks who will decide to respond to a 500 word post by using the QUOTE button.

Anyhoooo.... to answer your question I don't think AC makes the team unless injuries open the door.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Unless Collins comes into camp like a man with his hair on fire I think he will be cut. But as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we can count on CJ Prosise's health just yet. He was hurt during his time in college and he got three major injuries with the Hawks in 6 months.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You can score a lot of points just by executing your assignments correctly so Collins has that going for him. In the end though, I think he's pushed off the team by more talented backs unless injury strikes. AND he'll make the practice squad.

HawkGA

Reaction score
How many backs do they usually keep? 3 plus a FB or 4 plus a FB?

nash72

Reaction score
He fumbled a ton early on, but kind of got that under control and ran somewhat better when he played, but he just never really seemed like a good fit for us.

Josea16

Reaction score
sdog1981":3kjmpaba said:
Unless Collins comes into camp like a man with his hair on fire I think he will be cut. But as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we can count on CJ Prosise's health just yet. He was hurt during his time in college and he got three major injuries with the Hawks in 6 months.
I definitely agree about the Procise part of your post.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1hy2dski said:
I had to go look at the roster to see who you were talking about. It's OK to take the extra 2 seconds to actually use a player's name. I don't blame you, the whole internet seems to do this because apparently it's in danger of getting full.

Your mission is being undone, you realize, by the folks who will decide to respond to a 500 word post by using the QUOTE button.

Anyhoooo.... to answer your question I don't think AC makes the team unless injuries open the door.

Alex Collins wouldn't fit in the thread title. I tried.

Your criticism in the main body is duly noted however.

Back on topic though, I don't who will be devasted more if Alex Collins gets cut. Alex Collins or ACFAN.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3b7av93v said:
I had to go look at the roster to see who you were talking about. It's OK to take the extra 2 seconds to actually use a player's name.

Glad it wasn't just me! I'm like "Who's AC?"

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":3hj9v5vc said:
Hawkstorian":3hj9v5vc said:
I had to go look at the roster to see who you were talking about. It's OK to take the extra 2 seconds to actually use a player's name.

Just about everyone that isn't DC I believe.

naholmes

Reaction score
Alex Collins is definitely not a lock and I would guess the odds are stacked against him. He didn't play special team at all last year and I'd bet the 4th RB must contribute on special teams. If that's the case then he needs to beat one of the top three guys. I think the most likely scenario would have AC stashed on the practice squad.

GLio14

Reaction score
Honestly seems like the RBs are gonna be Lacy, Rawls, Prosise. I hope we can keep him on the PS though.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i like rawls, and if he can run like he did a couple of seasons ago, he's definitely one of the top backs. having said that, it would be great to see collins to get a real chance. he could have some great upside.

one or two of these draftees could really make some noise, too.

we'll have to see how prosise heals up. he should be as speedy as ever. does anyone remember that long td run, earlier in the game before he was knocked out with the shoulder? that run was a thing of beauty. more of that this upcoming season, and the running game will be extremely dynamic.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think the title question is a bit extreme. I wouldn't call him a lock at all. I think a more fair question would be, "Is Alex Collins likely to make the team?" To that, I would say probably not. He would need to demonstrate a big enough leap forward from year one to year two to justify keeping four RBs. He is clearly behind Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Aros":38o7d8fu said:
Hawkstorian":38o7d8fu said:

Uh, this guy...

BxggFUzCEAAttkR

Steve2222

Reaction score
jammerhawk":34h6fwoo said:
Don't think anyRB after the top two is absolutely safe.

AC wined to show up early this season to be secure in keeping his job which is a backup position.

And who are the top two you're referring to out of Lacy, Prosise, and Rawls?

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Steve2222":11anubok said:
jammerhawk":11anubok said:
Don't think anyRB after the top two is absolutely safe.

AC wined to show up early this season to be secure in keeping his job which is a backup position.

And who are the top two you're referring to out of Lacy, Prosise, and Rawls?

Lacy and Rawls. Prosise needs to prove he can stay healthy (not that Lacy and Rawls are the poster childs of health).