Players on roster who can push this team over the hump

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Malik McDowell is an obvious answer. New player who figures to be a promising pass rusher. Reports are he's being looked at as 5T. He can help, but I'm gonna go with a few other players.

Q. Jefferson and Nazair. Jefferson as a pass rusher from the interior, and Nazair as fresh legs for Reed, who is developing some pass rush prowess as well. If Nazair provides good rush defense and some push, he'll be a big, big boost for our defense. I've never been more psyched about our rotation on the D-line.

Quill Griffin and Mike Tyson. I expect Quill to win CB2 and grow into a decent cornerback - and then become a star. I'm high on him, he has "it." I'm talking 90-92 rating on Madden type good. Tyson? I expect him to grow into a good depth CB and add to ST. I think he's in the picture to take on a role when Sherman is out.

Chris Carson. I think Prosise or Rawls go down again and this kid shows his stuff. He's a real talented runner.

Anyone have new guys their excited about?

I feel like this is at least an NFCCG year for this team.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I am really excited about Jefferson, well the whole D-line but I would like to see him progress like Clark and Reed last year. Jefferson showed signs of good play especially for a mid 5th round pick and a projected 6th to 7rd rookie. He got hurt early in the season and has become somewhat of a forgotten commodity.

Hard to find any good video of QJ as a Seahawk but he had some good preseason games last year. Took on a double team like a champ at 1:52 in the vid.

[youtube]OoOo0mHA1JI[/youtube]

sdog1981

Reaction score
Frank Clark: After his big season last year, I think he is going to get even better this next season. Every sack he gets he will become more expensive, but that is a 2021 problem.

1st/2nd year DT: If any one or two of them can add to the depth of the rotation and add some kind of push up the middle. This team has been missing that since Jordan Hill went crazy for the last 6 games of the 2014 season. All this team needs is a DT that can get around 5 sacks a season.

Rawls and Prosise: Man these two guys just make the offense go when they are healthy. Just look at what the offense did last season aginst the Patriots and Eagles to see just how important a player like Prosise can be. I feel Rawls was rushed back too soon last season. But it was nice to see him moving the pile in the game aginst the Panthers and Lions.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2nrrr43h said:
Malik McDowell is an obvious answer. New player who figures to be a promising pass rusher. Reports are he's being looked at as 5T. He can help, but I'm gonna go with a few other players.

Q. Jefferson and Nazair. Jefferson as a pass rusher from the interior, and Nazair as fresh legs for Reed, who is developing some pass rush prowess as well. If Nazair provides good rush defense and some push, he'll be a big, big boost for our defense. I've never been more psyched about our rotation on the D-line.

Quill Griffin and Mike Tyson. I expect Quill to win CB2 and grow into a decent cornerback - and then become a star. I'm high on him, he has "it." I'm talking 90-92 rating on Madden type good. Tyson? I expect him to grow into a good depth CB and add to ST. I think he's in the picture to take on a role when Sherman is out.

Chris Carson. I think Prosise or Rawls go down again and this kid shows his stuff. He's a real talented runner.

Anyone have new guys their excited about?

I feel like this is at least an NFCCG year for this team.

So . . . Everybody?

;)

rjdriver

Reaction score
I really think that Lacy has the potential to be pivotal. I believe a fit and healthy Lacy could get us back to home games in January. I know there is no such thing as another Marshawn Lynch, but if we can establish a power run component to our game like we had in the past, look out.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm going to copy others, and say McDowell on defense and Prosise on offense. If McDowell can channel some of his Wisconson/Indiana game tape from last year, lining up next to Bennett, Avril and Clark? That could turn into the scariest pass rush in the league. When Prosise was healthy last year, he added a whole new dimension to the offense. He was a huge factor in the Hawks going into Foxboro and winning that game.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think the way Richardson finished the year he could be the man. If he stays injury free and keeps up that late season standard he could be dynamite.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I think people have forgotten what Rawls was able to do with what was called a mediocre Oline. He has fallen into the hole of being labeled injury prone, but I don't think his injuries are because he's delicate. You have to break this mans bones to get him out of the lineup. So my list is Lacy, Procise, Rawls and an improved Oline. They will bring the Boom to the Backfield.

Ruminator

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":11u5i1m2 said:
I'm going to copy others, and say McDowell on defense and Prosise on offense. If McDowell can channel some of his Wisconson/Indiana game tape from last year, lining up next to Bennett, Avril and Clark? That could turn into the scariest pass rush in the league. When Prosise was healthy last year, he added a whole new dimension to the offense. He was a huge factor in the Hawks going into Foxboro and winning that game.

Absolutely, Prosise! The guy seems to give our offense an additional dimension that make opposing defenses look silly. Factored big-time in the win vs. Patriots last year, not sure we would have won that one without him. If he can stay healthy enough to play most or all games for at least a couple years, whoooie, get ready for some serious moving of the chains on offense!

massari

Reaction score
A healthy Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas should do the trick.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I go with Lacey. If he pops back to rookie form? Changes everything offensively. We're back to late 2012/2013/2014 form. With even better depth.

On defense, it's whoever wins the battle to be the starting big nickel. McDougald is my guess.

irocdave

Reaction score
I'm going with Lacey, followed closely by ET. hawks are going to need both of them at their best this year. That is assuming the O line can improve, Bennett and company keep up the improvement and pressure and the hawks don't have a ton of injuries to play makers like they did last year. EL and ET are the two that can make a difference on every play they are involved in, which hopefully are most of them.

Josea16

Reaction score
1. Russell Wilson
2. Earl Thomas
3. Tyler Lockett
4. Procise
5. Thomas Rawls

If healthy.
-----------------------------------------------
6. Eddie Lacy

If motivated.
----------------------------------------------
7. Luke Joekel

If he plays at the level he was before injury if playing LG or just average at LT. Either one should make the OL league average.
---------------------------------------------
8. Paul Richardson

He's overlooked but if healthy he's an already proven factor.
----------------------------------------------

And the rest like Graham, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett, Avril etc. remaining healthy and productive and the OL improving to just average.

Three or four of those rookies are obvious keepers if not more but I wouldn't guarantee them to be game changers immediately. The ones with the best chance of it are Griffin and McDowell.

chris98251

Reaction score
Who ever is our FB, our best seasons were when Mike Robinson and last year Reese were being mixed in the Run game, if the FB plays on a level close to theirs our run game will dominate once again.

Doing that the defense will get rest, will be able to play down hill and aggressive and create turnovers and short fields.

Seafan

Reaction score
How about Grayson or Noil? These guys are outstanding athletes in search of a role. They both have a Harvin/Lockett flair to them. Great speed and suddenness coupled with amazing lateral agility and explosiveness. If one of these guys can step up and make the team they could become amazing KR/PRs who could relieve Tyler and allow him to become a Pro Bowl WR. Both are huge questions marks/long shots. Both can make preseason really interesting.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
On the offensive side of the ball, I think right up there with our OL problem is our bad red zone offense. We need to do better at converting TDs and with Graham now 18 months out from surgery he should be even better. Really hope we actually use him to his potential this year. We lost a lot of close games last year where we just could not convert in the RZ and had to settle for field goals.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":1v7yus72 said:
On the offensive side of the ball, I think right up there with our OL problem is our bad red zone offense. We need to do better at converting TDs and with Graham now 18 months out from surgery he should be even better. Really hope we actually use him to his potential this year. We lost a lot of close games last year where we just could not convert in the RZ and had to settle for field goals.
He was used about as well as he could be used last year coming back from that awful injury, but I'm with you in figuring he should have a solidly productive season.