Kapadia minicamp takeaways: McD, Roos, Tyson, Moore, Griffin

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... e-seahawks

Dangit, I'm starting to get prematurely and irrationally excited about this rookie class. I know almost every rookie gets talked up this early, but we really need competition to not only gonna push the best to the top at multiple positions, but give us a lot of punch on special teams. Looks like we might get it.

I'm particularly glad about Roos.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm really trying to keep my expectations tempered. I felt I was led a bit astray by last year's off-season. We'll see though. It's not like last season was horrible. Just wasn't the level of play I was expecting.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I feel you 100% Montana. I am trying not to get excited about Preseason, but man I really want to see this depth in action. Last year I felt the hype around the team depth to be overhyped, but this year I find myself drinking to Kool-Aid.

Hopefully we see a more aggressive energized team in Preseason this year. I hope this rookie class can infuse some much needed hunger in this team.

Jville

Reaction score
The media covers the most recent rookie class. It is what their audience demands. And although I really like this 2017 class and appreciate the coverage, it's the sophomores of the previous 2016 class, that has me pumped and jacked.

In most cases, it takes a year or two of dedicated work to fit and make a significant team impact. First year impact stars are few and far between. From week to week, I much prefer to watch as many of these young guys learn and grow as possible. And, they offer a lot of story lines to chose from. :2thumbs: It's the journey that entertains. It's the journey that matters in pursuing the objectives all of us want to see achieved.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not trying tamp down any enthusiasm but when has Pete said a negative word about anything or anyone???
He is captain positive. I think they did very good in the draft, but I'd take Pete's comments with a grain of salt.

two dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vqy1237 said:
Not trying tamp down any enthusiasm but when has Pete said a negative word about anything or anyone???
He is captain positive. I think they did very good in the draft, but I'd take Pete's comments with a grain of salt.

If Pete were as negative as many of the posters here the Seahawks may have been circling the drain long ago.
Not this specific group of postings but the many negative nellies I have seen here over time.
You can't lead by constantly being down about things.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I agree with you Montana.

This year's draft class may not be really flashy, but it seems almost like 2012 all over again. Not for the top end talent, but for the amount of guys that we drafted that not only fit needs, but seem to fit our system.

McDowell in particular could be that 3T DT that we've been coveting since Pete got here.