Hawks projected #1 seed and #1 defense by Football Outsiders

chris98251

Reaction score
That was not a reach prediction if we stay healthy after all we have been in the top for a number of years, what I find more interesting is once again the easiest schedule goes to........... New England, maybe Tom will have a broken toe nail and sit out 6 games this year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
How accurate were they last season? The last one I have is the 2013 preview issue.

nash72

Reaction score
chris98251":1hlmeqa1 said:
New England, maybe Tom will have a broken toe nail and sit out 6 games this year.

They would still win 5 of those.

Most other sites and publications have the Falcons and Packers ahead of Seattle and I agree with that until proven differently.

HawkGA

Reaction score
A related topic, here are the Vegas odds for Super Bowl matchups (should start at 1, so go back to see the others).

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/here-a ... s.html/25/

I would love to be able to bet against their most likely match up. If I were making this list, I would put the Patriots and then just list matchups with every other NFC team.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":25hmmrvm said:
nash72":25hmmrvm said:
chris98251":25hmmrvm said:
New England, maybe Tom will have a broken toe nail and sit out 6 games this year.

Brady's days are numbered.

Yes they are. Thanks to Madden. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":6xkwjmed said:
chris98251":6xkwjmed said:

Most other sites and publications have the Falcons and Packers ahead of Seattle and I agree with that until proven differently.

Even though the Seahawks won more games than the Packers and would have won more than the Falcons with a better long snapper?

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3sl9354d said:
nash72":3sl9354d said:
chris98251":3sl9354d said:

Even though the Seahawks won more games than the Packers and would have won more than the Falcons with a better long snapper?

It does not make much logical sense to only use "what ifs" to turn losses into wins, and not do the same to the close wins and turn them into losses as well.

Josea16

Reaction score
HawkGA":1rttjg70 said:
A related topic, here are the Vegas odds for Super Bowl matchups (should start at 1, so go back to see the others).

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/here-a ... s.html/25/

I would love to be able to bet against their most likely match up. If I were making this list, I would put the Patriots and then just list matchups with every other NFC team.
That would be the logical choice. The AFC is better but generally still pretty sad.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":4q5mpavu said:
MontanaHawk05":4q5mpavu said:
nash72":4q5mpavu said:
chris98251":4q5mpavu said:

It does not make much logical sense to only use "what ifs" to turn losses into wins, and not do the same to the close wins and turn them into losses as well.

The stuff that happened in 2013 balances out right? ;)

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16q2xjgl said:
nash72":16q2xjgl said:
chris98251":16q2xjgl said:

The reason Houshka is a Buffalo Bill isn't Clint Gresham or his replacement, it's the fact he never kicked well at Arizona in that stadium. It's a nitpick but an important one. Either way that game was the dealbreaker for him and the number one seed and a likely matchup with a team the Seahawks would have beaten injuries or not.

Personally I have no clue why he would sign with the Bills that stadium is a tough place to kick in for the better part of the season.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3lplxz45 said:
nash72":3lplxz45 said:
chris98251":3lplxz45 said:

Both teams mauled us. Why shouldn't they be ranked higher?

Seafan

Reaction score
Josea16":hce9qqsx said:
MontanaHawk05":hce9qqsx said:
nash72":hce9qqsx said:
chris98251":hce9qqsx said:

The reason Houshka is a Buffalo Bill isn't Clint Gresham or his replacement, it's the fact he never kicked well at Arizona in that stadium. It's a nitpick but an important one. Either way that game was the dealbreaker for him and the number one seed and a likely matchup with a team the Seahawks would have beaten injuries or not.

Personally I have no clue why he would sign with the Bills that stadium is a tough place to kick in for the better part of the season.

Haush had over 3.5 million reasons to sign with Buffalo.

Josea16

Reaction score
I totally get it but it's going to be a disastre as they say in Mexico. :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ep8ieou said:
nash72":2ep8ieou said:
chris98251":2ep8ieou said:

GB's division is tougher than ours at this point. They have a slightly tougher road. The Patriots have an easier road because their division is a yearly dumpster fire, and it has nothing to do with the Patriots beating those teams twice a year.

I'm not sure about us being the #1 defense in the league. Even if we stay healthy, we're talking about Lane as the starting RCB, and who exactly is our 3rd ? No one with significant experience. It could fall out really well for us, but with a 3rd CB taking 60% of the snaps that is very inexperienced, it's really hard to tell what we're going to get. Lane didn't exactly have a spectacular year last year, and he projects to be about league average.

If McDowell, Jefferson or Jones pans out and we get interior pass rush, that can alleviate some of this, but honestly, I think we're in for a bit of trouble in the secondary to start the year. We start out with GB, and end up with the Colts at the end of the first quarter of the season. That's two very good passing teams where our secondary has to be on point, or we'll get out scored.

If we hold GB and the Colts to under 20, I'd bet we'll be the top defense in the league this year, maybe running away.

253hawk

Reaction score
Josea16":35f5dtpr said:

A lot of kickers don't kick well there, it's ranked as one of the worst stadiums to kick in. Never mind the turf issues and humidity from watering the grass all week and then rolling it in on game day with the roof closed. Players slide around and cramp up on the regular in that place. And for 1/3 of the games last season, the offense did pretty much nothing. And in 3 of those, he kept them from getting shut out. Why do they get a pass for sucking so much but Hausch can't have a rough couple of games?

If it came down to money, fine. But to ostracize the guy for having a few small bumps in the road on the field is ridiculous. He was worse in 2015 and no one made a peep.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3hfv5iz4 said:

C'mon Madden curse don't fail me now!