Burelson "Bold" Seahawks Prediction

kidhawk

Reaction score
The link is to the video stream on nfl.com.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

It is a GMFB segment where they bid on team wins....the others bowed out from Seattle at 11...Nate bought at 12 and said he'd have gone to 13 wins.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
lol. Nate is such a Seahawk and Lions homer.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2u4cxg15 said:

True, and I think he's a little high on his take here, but I'd take it. Heck, I'd be alright with the 11 that the rest of the crew bid as it's an improvement over last year.

My goal would be to get a top 2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. (number 1 seed would be nice, but I'd take 11+ wins and a number 2 seed).

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":ae8cl43q said:
Seahwkgal":ae8cl43q said:

True, and I think he's a little high on his take here, but I'd take it. Heck, I'd be alright with the 11 that the rest of the crew bid as it's an improvement over last year.

My goal would be to get a top 2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. (number 1 seed would be nice, but I'd take 11+ wins and a number 2 seed).

From the Over/Under perspective, if the line is 11, which way would you bet? I think 11 is a very reasonable number for next year and don't have a clear choice myself.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":m5i54sdo said:
kidhawk":m5i54sdo said:
Seahwkgal":m5i54sdo said:

From the Over/Under perspective, if the line is 11, which way would you bet? I think 11 is a very reasonable number for next year and don't have a clear choice myself.

My first Seahawks rule is never bet for or against them....but since you asked, I'll try to answer it. I really believe 11 may actually be the magic number. I can come up with just about as many ways to come up short of that number as I can come up with ways we go above that number. Anything outside of 10-12 would shock me, 10, 11 or 12 wins would meet my expectations. With that said, if I HAD to put money on it, I'd probably bet the under, mainly because at least if I lose that bet I can console myself with Seahawk victories.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":3s98oky3 said:
StoneCold":3s98oky3 said:
kidhawk":3s98oky3 said:
Seahwkgal":3s98oky3 said:

My first Seahawks rule is never bet for or against them....but since you asked, I'll try to answer it. I really believe 11 may actually be the magic number. I can come up with just about as many ways to come up short of that number as I can come up with ways we go above that number. Anything outside of 10-12 would shock me, 10, 11 or 12 wins would meet my expectations. With that said, if I HAD to put money on it, I'd probably bet the under, mainly because at least if I lose that bet I can console myself with Seahawk victories.

I would pick the under as well. But you should know you are talking to a man who holds a $10 bet the Mariners win the World Series. :(

NINEster

Reaction score
The issue with the Hawks winning 12-13+ games a season (or for any team for that matter) is that it relies more on a strong offense than a great defense.

Historic defenses can carry you to 13 wins from time to time (Hawks in '13....Niners in '11), but sustained year in and year out winning tons of games needs the O to pick up the slack. The '85 Bears were largely a one hit wonder because once that 46 was figured out, they had little to sustain it.

Dynasty teams accomplished this year in and year out because of great offense (and a very stout but never #1 defense). Back in the '80s the 49ers were a dynasty because of their O, and in the '90s the Cowboys did it for the same reason. Patriots are doing it now, and Packers were doing it when they had defense.

Hawks have the feel of a 9-11 win "tough out" type of team. Winning a lot of games usually is a lot easier when you're not grinding scores to the 60th minute week in and week out.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yet defense wins championships 9 times out of 10, so there is that.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Even with all the youth, injuries, turmoil, and some complacency... Seahawks went 10-5-1 in 2016. Sure they could have lost some games they won but they were also in every game save for @GB. 12-13 wins was possible last year even with all the issues.

You can't project injuries, I feel the your getting what a fourth to a third of the returning roster last season coming back with more experience after having very little of it, and Seahawks improved depth and competition at all positions save for QB and that looks to change soon.

I think if it all goes right on development and injury luck, Seahawks are the best team in the NFL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And what's wrong with being a homer? The league has many former players that are homers for the team they played for. That's naturally gonna' happen.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nash72":3ar762sd said:
10 - 6 if Russ stays healthy.

Yet we won 10 games with him NOT healthy last year.

Give me a healthy Russell this season and that should give us an improved record this season. 11 or 12 wins.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This schedule is set up really nicely for this team TWO east coast road trips in the first 8 weeks and none of them are at 10am. This is setting up for an 11-13 win season.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anywhere between 10-14 wins is a reasonable guess. I'm gonna go with 12 wins if key players such as Russ, ET3, Sherm, and Baldwin stay healthy. If Russ stays healthy and the OL can protect him decently, our offense should be more than good enough to make the team overall dominant. If we do worse than 10 wins with a healthy team, we got problems.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ejv8ytl said:
Anywhere between 10-14 wins is a reasonable guess. I'm gonna go with 12 wins if key players such as Russ, ET3, Sherm, and Baldwin stay healthy. If Russ stays healthy and the OL can protect him decently, our offense should be more than good enough to make the team overall dominant. If we do worse than 10 wins with a healthy team, we got problems.

Yeah...I agree. Adding to that, I don't think the Cowboys helped themselves much this offseason. The Giants got considerably better so the Cowboys should have a tougher time in their own division. I think 12 wins can get the HFA through the playoffs. 12 is the magic number :)

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
12 - 4. I think we'll be much improved this year. Tough schedule at first glance but as we all know things change. The D will be ferocious and I believe the Oline will be better than many are giving them credit for.