Chris Cornell and the SEAHAWKS

pmedic920

Reaction score
Although this video is not new I just had it sent to me by a friend. I had not seen it before.
With Chris's recent passing I think it's definitely relevant.

It's also possible that if you saw the original, you didn't know that Chris was involved.

Worth a couple minutes, enjoy.

[youtube]YT9XN9jmpiU[/youtube]

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sporting ... rinymeahwt

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Awesome. Shared it on Facebook. Chris's death has really affected me like nobody since Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) died. I know that anxiety drugs may have been involved, but man, couldn't he break through the haze to see his 3 kids and wife, and not to mention his other family, his BAND, or his legions of fans to stop him from doing this? He had the world in his hands... Rich, extraordinarily talented, famous and good looking... But that wasn't enough apparently.

But for some reason I can't quit thinking about his bandmates... Soundgarden is dead man... He totally screwed them over! No Chris means no Soundgarden, no Temple of the Dog or Audioslave reunions.... Done. There ARE no Chris Cornell subs. No going to Brazil like Journey did for a great sub for Steve Perry. Chris's voice was one of a kind. But I'm rambling... I'm just so bummed over this BS... WHY????? Believe you me, I could go on for a long time over this crap.... DAMNIT!! I just get so frustrated over this crap!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Is he related to William Cornell, the producer of Rain City Redemption? Forgive me, please, if the answer is obvious to most of you, but I'm a bit ignorant of some ties between film and music worlds.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":jh9358pm said:
Awesome. Shared it on Facebook. Chris's death has really affected me like nobody since Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) died. I know that anxiety drugs may have been involved, but man, couldn't he break through the haze to see his 3 kids and wife, and not to mention his other family, his BAND, or his legions of fans to stop him from doing this? He had the world in his hands... Rich, extraordinarily talented, famous and good looking... But that wasn't enough apparently.

But for some reason I can't quit thinking about his bandmates... Soundgarden is dead man... He totally screwed them over! No Chris means no Soundgarden, no Temple of the Dog or Audioslave reunions.... Done. There ARE no Chris Cornell subs. No going to Brazil like Journey did for a great sub for Steve Perry. Chris's voice was one of a kind. But I'm rambling... I'm just so bummed over this BS... WHY????? Believe you me, I could go on for a long time over this crap.... DAMNIT!! I just get so frustrated over this crap!

My same thoughts too. (Thanks for the vid Pmed BTW) He was a legendary rocker with a golden 4 octave voice and one of my favorites from that era. I have several of his albums. He had homes in Rome, New York, Miami, an attractive wife, 3 kids and somehow in less than an hour after the show, talks to his wife on the phone and then decides life is hopeless, he just can't cope, blah blah and hangs himself in an MGM hotel bathroom...leaving his family forever changed, his poor kids without a dad and his bandmates without a band or any gigs.

Suicide, particularly in this situation, is absolutely selfish, cowardly and downright screwed up. Voluntarily taking extra anxiety pills is not an excuse-it likely altered his thought process, but that is on him for abusing them. And frankly, what the hell does a veteran rock star in the business for 30 years have any "anxiety" issues? What a bunch of bs.

If you want to achieve rock and roll immortality, go out and snort up, shoot up and accidentally OD, but do not foolishly hang yourself and leave your family in pain forever-double standard perhaps but perception is the key.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chris' death is a tragedy. Often suicide is a reaction to a mental or emotional disorder. Research can be useful.

Keep the thread from here out on the topic of the video. Post your thoughts on Chris' death in the two available threads in the Shack or Lounge.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Mental illness is hard to rationalize when the person kills themselves. The fact he had it all and still chose to die likely shows he had some stuff going on that was mistreated or not diagnosed. I agree with you guys but the ones left behind always ask how and why...this one was more surprising than Layne Staley and was truly a shocker. Glad to see he was a hawks fan rip

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":n51f356f said:
Chris' death is a tragedy. Often suicide is a reaction to a mental or emotional disorder. Research can be useful.

Keep the thread from here out on the topic of the video. Post your thoughts on Chris' death in the two available threads in the Shack or Lounge.
Oops sorry boss....didnt see this when I posted. Go hawks!

NoChops

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2y7lenro said:
Suicide, particularly in this situation, is absolutely selfish, cowardly and downright screwed up. Voluntarily taking extra anxiety pills is not an excuse-it likely altered his thought process, but that is on him for abusing them. And frankly, what the hell does a veteran rock star in the business for 30 years have any "anxiety" issues? What a bunch of bs.

If you want to achieve rock and roll immortality, go out and snort up, shoot up and accidentally OD, but do not foolishly hang yourself and leave your family in pain forever-double standard perhaps but perception is the key.

You know the saying, "until you've walked a mile"? Try, "until you have lived in another man's head".

I have anxiety issues. I'm not a rock star, I don't have millions, but I am comfortable, bills are paid. I'm the one you point at and ask "why the hell is she with HIM"? Life is good. At my job where there are 258 people with the same title, I am ranked number 8 nation wide. Nothing to worry about.

Then it hits. No rhyme, no reason, no control. Until you have lived through it, I wouldn't really expect anyone to understand it. I have been dealing with it since April 21st 1994. See? I remember the exact day my demon appeared 23 years later. I could pin it down to a timeframe of somewhere between 7:30-10:00 pm. if you wish.

I am lucky, my attacks come in waves and thank God I only have them a few times a year. Sometimes they last a half an hour, sometimes half a week. I am actually on a pretty good wobbler as I type this, I have had a week long episode and Chris' death certainly hasn't helped as I am a huge fan.

I no longer take medication, mainly because the side effects scare me more than they anxiety. I am not suicidal and I don't want something in my body that could turn me in that direction. I made it through two hours of work Monday then had to go home as I could hardly stand, world spinning, tension, fear, heart palpitations. I spent the next 19 hrs. in bed. If I was taking something, I would have taken more, I can tell you that for sure. The sense of dread, and death coming for you can be overwhelming. I don't know what Chris was dealing with, neither do you, but please don't call it BS. Its not, and its a pretty freaking hard thing to live with.

NoChops

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2klbmxgs said:
Uncle Si":2klbmxgs said:

Oops sorry boss....didnt see this when I posted. Go hawks!

oops, me too..

That was a great video though, remember the day well!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey Gang, I get it.........

I promise I do.

Suicide is a deep dark subject with many facets. It's a topic that invokes many emotions and rightly so.

My intention for this this thread was much more of a "celebration" if you will.
Again I get it, how do we celebrate such a tragedy, especially so soon after the fact?
I'm not sure about that but there were some really great and positive things in Chris's life. IMHO opinion, his apparent love of the Seahawks and Seattle are two of them.
I'm not really talking about celebrating his death, I'm talking about celebrating his life.

As stated already, there is a thread in the Lounge and another in the Shack. Please choose one of them for the sad, dark, and negative thoughts.

I'm asking politely , let's try to nudge this one back to the lighter, more positive side.

Thanks for your cooperation.

BTW, I apologize for not being more clear in the OP, my bad.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
These photos are from Seahawks.com
eb43e6e4adc2de9cc0b2a7d54ac99fc1.jpg
5acf1ec61f00253d4674b3ef164519fd.jpg
7aa6fbf922cd77ca9fbf418fce654c68.png

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Feel very luck we saw one of the last shows Sunday night in Kansas City. He looked great and performed great as one would imagine. RIP CC
187d7278ca914e1c314de104a977ff8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Just remember another Great was not officially diagnosed with Anxiety but took drugs and used Alcohol to cope not only on stage but with his fame, anyone remember Jim Morrison.