Bennett Boycotting the Times

sutz

Reaction score
Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

Be careful what you wish for, Mike.

:snack:

chris98251

Reaction score
The Times has been dead to me since they were found to be in the Mariners pocket and on their payroll.

sdog1981

Reaction score
How could this end badly? :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":7mkvj0yx said:
The Times has been dead to me since they were found to be in the Mariners pocket and on their payroll.

I'm no fan of the times, they've just about singlehandedly ruined Hansen's SODO arena effort with their inaccurate smear campaign.

But I agree with Calkins, a lot of the Hawks do act immature, and can't handle the aftermath of being criticized or called out on it. Bennett included.

Suppose to be big bad tough football players, why all the thin skin tantrums and threats to take their football and go home when the first sign of criticism gets written or said?

chris98251

Reaction score
I really think it's generational, people a decade or two ago would laugh at stuff or simply file a lawsuit if it was untrue and defamation, if it was the truth keep yo0u mouth shut and make things better, people will forget the bad if you work on the good and the past is yesterdays news, that 15 minutes of fame you know.

People had thicker skins in the past and more self confidence I believe as well.

There was accountability and responsibility in reporting as well, now everyone will throw something together for clicks, people are internet tough guys, and the in named source or inside source is the common cop out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Follow Mike, he has a good idea.

The writer stepped over the line with his ad hominem attack.

Report news let people think for themselves.

The Times at present has only one reporter worth a crap and that's Condotta.

Lately the Times reads like Bleacher Report, Mike has the right idea.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1158m3ly said:
I really think it's generational, people a decade or two ago would laugh at stuff or simply file a lawsuit if it was untrue and defamation, if it was the truth keep yo0u mouth shut and make things better, people will forget the bad if you work on the good and the past is yesterdays news, that 15 minutes of fame you know.

People had thicker skins in the past and more self confidence I believe as well.

There was accountability and responsibility in reporting as well, now everyone will throw something together for clicks, people are internet tough guys, and the in named source or inside source is the common cop out.

Maybe, I think it has to do more with the modern athlete being coddled and told they walk on water from age 8. They never developed that thick skin that older players had to go through, with just being treated (and mistreated) by life that turned them into hardened tough men, and not just tough players.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'll bet most on this forum have been boycotting the Times for years on accident. It's sort of hard to get worked up over somebody doing it on purpose.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AgentDib":1ww0yxyv said:
I'll bet most on this forum have been boycotting the Times for years on accident. It's sort of hard to get worked up over somebody doing it on purpose.

The who??

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2c7dbxzh said:
Report news let people think for themselves..

It was an Op Ed piece, so I have no problem with any reporter or columnist giving their opinions. That's far more interesting for us to read than just giving us boring stats or team news that we can already get 1,000 different ways online.

And.......he's right. Bennett does act immature towards the media from time to time. I love the guy, one of the most interesting and funniest players in the league. But like Sherman, can be downright nasty to the media.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rm123fy said:
chris98251":1rm123fy said:

Maybe, I think it has to do more with the modern athlete being coddled and told they walk on water from age 8. They never developed that thick skin that older players had to go through, with just being treated (and mistreated) by life that turned them into hardened tough men, and not just tough players.

I agree fully with you both. Younger people in general tend to have over-inflated opinions of themselves so when you couple that with being told how great they are from a young age on up, tantrums and outcries like this occur. You didn't see this overreacting and whining 20+ years ago.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Times is still experiencing a boycott from me from the days of Steve Kelley and Jerry Brewer. I hadn't thought to check in on them lately, and now I guess I have no reason to.

I do follow Condotta on Twitter, though.

Hyak

Reaction score
It's laughable that he would react as such in response to an article criticizing him for acting that way.

I like Bennett and think he's a good guy. That said, I do think his actions towards Wixey after the playoff game loss were embarrassing and it's disappointing if he didn't apologize.

I do think it's funny that some of the big name guys are thin skinned in frankly a pretty player friendly environment team and media wise.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JTB":1yaolb7h said:
It's laughable that he would react as such in response to an article criticizing him for acting that way.

I like Bennett and think he's a good guy. That said, I do think his actions towards Wixey after the playoff game loss were embarrassing and it's disappointing if he didn't apologize.

I do think it's funny that some of the big name guys are thin skinned in frankly a pretty player friendly environment team and media wise.

This is a good point.

If Sherman and Bennett think our media is out to get them? In Seattle? Go back east, those media reporters and outlets are 100 times as nasty and critical of their athletes and teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
..... and some wonder why the newspaper business is circling the drain.

2 things.......

1. It must be a slow news day.

2. Jim Moore must be on vacation.

The Times has sucked for decades now. If I had a bird, that rag wouldn't be good enough to line the birdcage.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":23wzrfex said:
Sgt. Largent":23wzrfex said:
chris98251":23wzrfex said:

I agree fully with you both. Younger people in general tend to have over-inflated opinions of themselves so when you couple that with being told how great they are from a young age on up, tantrums and outcries like this occur. You didn't see this overreacting and whining 20+ years ago.

OK, I don't normally reply in these threads, but this comment is funny. Um, what? Certain people have been whining and throwing tantrums since the beginning of time. And some old people still whine and throw tantrums and expect special treatment [Cough...a certain someone on a multi-trip tour of the middle east/Europe right now...Cough]. This generalization is ridiculous. The issue may be that we hear more about this whining because of the internet/social media/etc. We know every time someone hiccups.

And lest you think I'm one of these youngies, I'm not. I'm damn near 50.

Carry on y'all with yelling at those kids approaching your lawns.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If I wasn't a life long Seahawk fan I would definitely not pick them as a team I would follow at this point.
Team has way too many whiney tantrum throwing babies. I tire of it andcompletely understand why a lot of fans can't stand this team.

edogg23

Reaction score
Refuse to read the times after they got paid off by the port. They get what they deserve!