"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It really bothers me to read this stuff, not because there's in-fighting on the team..............that kind of stuff happens with the best of teams.

It bothers me because it's not like the defense has sustained their 2012-2013 form either since that SB loss. So if Richard's going to continue to harbor resentment and hold onto his grudge over Wilson and the offense "blowing" the SB, then he and the rest of the defense better damn well put up or shut up.

OP
OP
HawksHawksHawks

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23zdvpsq said:
It really bothers me to read this stuff, not because there's in-fighting on the team..............that kind of stuff happens with the best of teams.

It bothers me because it's not like the defense has sustained their 2012-2013 form either since that SB loss. So if Richard's going to continue to harbor resentment and hold onto his grudge over Wilson and the offense "blowing" the SB, then he and the rest of the defense better damn well put up or shut up.

I agree with you, although it would not shock me if the stuff about Wilson getting preferential treatment is true. There's been talk of resentment towards him for a few seasons now, and where there's smoke there's fire.

Seymour

Reaction score
Is this the basis of "trashed" by Bennett?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/867753964841738240[/tweet]

12thbrah

Reaction score
I agree with Sherman this team should have won more than 1 Super Bowl by now but there is still time.

Like the above poster said this defense has not performed at an elite level as of late. The last two playoff losses the defense gave up a buttload of points

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gy5s9fn said:
The Media just LOVES to trash on the Hawks. As long as they take care of business on the field, meh.

That article alone will spawn off a bunch of similar story lines, so get used to it.

That said, it could also help bring this team back together IMO. This is just the kind of "doubt by haters", Sherm and co. cling to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12thbrah":30q32wk5 said:
I agree with Sherman this team should have won more than 1 Super Bowl by now but there is still time.

Like the above poster said this defense has not performed at an elite level as of late. The last two playoff losses the defense gave up a buttload of points
The sports media, both local and national is now on the TMZ level.
How far they have fallen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":2oeidfgd said:
Sgt. Largent":2oeidfgd said:

I agree with you, although it would not shock me if the stuff about Wilson getting preferential treatment is true. There's been talk of resentment towards him for a few seasons now, and where there's smoke there's fire.

Of course he gets preferential treatment, all elite level pro bowl long tenured QB's get it. You don't think Brady or Brees isn't treated differently from everyone else? As they should, they're the most important player on the team that's 100% involved in the schemes, playcalling, personnel, etc.

This crap has to die, it's ridiculous.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Whether it's gossip or not it brings up very interesting points. If you want to be great you have to overcome failure and disappointment. You can almost apply the 5 stages of grief to Richard's actions.

1 - Denial. Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned. ...
2 - Anger.
3 - Bargaining.
4 - Depression. Also referred to as preparatory grieving. ...
5 - Acceptance.

With the trade talks I'd say were only on stage 3. Richard and everyone else on the team needs to gain perspective on that moment. From the sound of it Richard is still blaming other people. As has been said many times, that loss was more than a single play. The day that RS accepts that is the day he will reach his greatest potential. And I'm not referring to just on the field, but as a human being.

So all the gossipy bits aside and whether the article has some inaccuracies, it is spot on about the issues facing this team. All of it is a challenge to each one of them. I look forward to the next season to see how it all unfolds.

Hyak

Reaction score
Seymour":1y2w1imo said:

Yes as well as this one

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/867754545832615937[/tweet]

StoneCold

Reaction score
JTB":p6eti8po said:
Seymour":p6eti8po said:

Yes as well as this one

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/867754545832615937[/tweet]

Mmmm, Ribs!

Attachments

• bbq 029Small.jpg
    bbq 029Small.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 4,056

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":1xsqmhva said:
Whether it's gossip or not it brings up very interesting points. If you want to be great you have to overcome failure and disappointment. You can almost apply the 5 stages of grief to Richard's actions.

1 - Denial. Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned. ...
2 - Anger.
3 - Bargaining.
5 - Acceptance.

With the trade talks I'd say were only on stage 3. Richard and everyone else on the team needs to gain perspective on that moment. From the sound of it Richard is still blaming other people. As has been said many times, that loss was more than a single play. The day that RS accepts that is the day he will reach his greatest potential. And I'm not referring to just on the field, but as a human being.

So all the gossipy bits aside and whether the article has some inaccuracies, it is spot on about the issues facing this team. All of it is a challenge to each one of them. I look forward to the next season to see how it all unfolds.

I think this is spot on. Stage 1 lasted about 1 minute, stage 2 lasted 2 years, stage 3 I think just started....so hopefully it's on to depression fairly soon LOL.

James in PA

Reaction score
This article is pure crap and everyone is running with it. The media does indeed hate the Seahawks. The Falcons, who suffered a much more devastating Super Bowl loss, have their own headline on NFL.com today: "Super Bowl hangover? Not with these loaded Falcons."

Give me a friggin break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":6jmd2wcs said:
StoneCold":6jmd2wcs said:

2 - Anger.
3 - Bargaining.
5 - Acceptance.

I think this is spot on. Stage 1 lasted about 1 minute, stage 2 lasted 2 years, stage 3 I think just started....so hopefully it's on to depression fairly soon LOL.

I have some formal training in this area and I can tell you there are many follow-on grief studies that, while agree in principle with these 5 stages, show that people go through these things in different orders and often flip back and forth before coming to resolution. That being said, if Sherman is truly "grieving" something that happened in a game, he needs to get a grip (a.k.a. perspective).

Seafan

Reaction score
James in PA":3kp86yjj said:
This article is pure crap and everyone is running with it. The media does indeed hate the Seahawks. The Falcons, who suffered a much more devastating Super Bowl loss, have their own headline on NFL.com today: "Super Bowl hangover? Not with these loaded Falcons."

Give me a friggin break!

The major advantage the Falcon's have is the person that gets the same blame is also their OC and their's is gone. They have "exorcised" themselves so to speak.

Seymour

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3afeqx0t said:
Seymour":3afeqx0t said:
StoneCold":3afeqx0t said:

2 - Anger.
3 - Bargaining.
5 - Acceptance.

I have some formal training in this area and I can tell you there are many follow-on grief studies that, while agree in principle with these 5 stages, show that people go through these things in different orders and often flip back and forth before coming to resolution. That being said, if Sherman is truly "grieving" something that happened in a game, he needs to get a grip (a.k.a. perspective).

These guys work the better part of their entire life for "that moment". When it ends like that, I do not think there is any question that parallels can be drawn to grieving a loss. And, just like a death, some will take it harder than others, and will have more trouble getting past it.

I agree, we / they should be long past this. That doesn't simply make it go away for everyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.