Malik McDowell signs

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This off-season has one big perpetual rain cloud with all the drama and recent passings.

However, the draft class coming in has me pretty ecstatic and I'm very optimistic of Malik McDowell.

I don't see the boom or bust ideology with McDowell.

Whether or not he was taken as high as 26th, it would be understandable if he was a top 10 pick but he was the 35th pick of the draft.

Will turn 21 years old soon and has the frame, physique, length and fluidity that is rare.

His ceiling is a dominant all-around nightmare somewhere between Michael Bennett and Calais Campbell...

and his floor, I don't think it's rock bottom, the Seahawks feel he could add another 15-20 pounds to his frame naturally without imposing his athleticism, if that is the case I think he's going to be a great run defender nonetheless. Even if he doesn't live up to his pass-rush potential via pressure stats.

If he can at least be a disruptive force, pushing the pocket i.e. making a QB question stepping up or creating a pass rush lane for another defender. Plus, using his length to sabotage passing lanes. If he can be that guy while being an above average to superb run defender.

That's alright with me.