Pope and Noil released

The Breh

Reaction score
Pope had zero chance. Let's be real.
May be a blessing honestly for him.
Wrong place, wrong time.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I'm more surprised that we signed a corner and a safety to replace them. DB meeting room was pretty full already.

Seafan

Reaction score
Every fringe player on the roster is subject to the Pete/John roster grind. Every player from the rookie camp the Hawks liked will get a chance for a longer tryout. Churn baby churn.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seafan":2zg7c90c said:
Every fringe player on the roster is subject to the Pete/John roster grind. Every player from the rookie camp the Hawks liked will get a chance for a longer tryout. Churn baby churn.
I hope this means Carson gets a lot of reps during pre-season. He must've impressed a bit during camp. I really wish there was more 'eyes' reporting this. I literally didn't hear squat about the rooks this year, unlike other years in the past.

Jville

Reaction score
Looks like a little roster balancing to me. They list Marcus Cromartie as a fourth free safety candidate and Jordan Simone as a third strong safety. They needed to trim their surplus at running back.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bittersweet ending to Pope's illustrious Seahawk career. I look forward to his enshrinement into the Ring of Honor

King Dog

Reaction score
Too bad for Pope. Had a prime opportunity to show his stuff last season and caught the injury bug.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":givm94x9 said:
Seafan":givm94x9 said:
I hope this means Carson gets a lot of reps during pre-season. He must've impressed a bit during camp. I really wish there was more 'eyes' reporting this. I literally didn't hear squat about the rooks this year, unlike other years in the past.

https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl= ... 8QqgIILzAA

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rr1i3n9 said:
Bittersweet ending to Pope's illustrious Seahawk career. I look forward to his enshrinement into the Ring of Honor

Hopefully alongside Nick Reed

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Cutting Pope will go down as the second biggest mistake in franchise history. The first was cutting him last year before the start of the season according to one poster here.

Rat

Reaction score
Was looking forward to seeing Pope get some carries in preseason, but if the team is convinced he won't make the roster anyway, I guess it's better for him to move on now and try to find another team. Or maybe we could get him back on the practice squad. Sarcastic comments in this thread aside, he's a guy who is easy to root for.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i had pope running for 4000 yds this year...damn my fantasy team is going to suffer. He was no more than a camp body.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I was hoping to see more from Speedy Noil bit then i am a fan of reclamation projects.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Too bad about Noil as he was thought to have some potential. He could be back later in the year depending upon needs.

Lol on on the 67 RBs :D

Actually 2 FBs: Algernon Brown and Kyle Coleman

and 8 RBs: Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls, CJ Prosise, Alex Collins, Tre Madden, J.D. McKissic, Chris Carson, and Mike Davis

There will be a terrific battle for 1 or 2 backup spots after Prosise. The running game will be better for the competition.

If the team keeps 1 FB and 5 RBs the numbers at WR and TE will be reduced, and the competition there will be intense as a well.