Wilson and OTA's.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not trying to start controversy here, but Wilson looks to be in incredible shape.

Last year he definitely looked thicker coming into OTA's and camp, and there was speculation that he was bulking up to take the hits he's been taking.

This year it looks like he's more cut and quicker. Maybe he's going back to making guys miss more and running the football again. Seriously, when he ran the football, he took less hits than standing in the pocket....whenever he actually got one.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Definitely not a controversy. Wilson tried out bulking up last year and it didn't really feel right so he is back to being a bit more lean again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3gdfo8mb said:
Not trying to start controversy here, but Wilson looks to be in incredible shape.

Last year he definitely looked thicker coming into OTA's and camp, and there was speculation that he was bulking up to take the hits he's been taking.

This year it looks like he's more cut and quicker. Maybe he's going back to making guys miss more and running the football again. Seriously, when he ran the football, he took less hits than standing in the pocket....whenever he actually got one.
"Whenever He Actually Got One"....That sums it up quite nicely.
Because of the constant rotation of O-Linemen that have been ever coming and going,($$$),and because of a near nothing Run Game to help take the heat off, Wilson has had to make something out of nothing (pull plays out of his ass)on nearly every single snap, if you can't depend on the O-Line to give you the bare minimum of protection, nearly every play is a broken play. The only consistency that Wilson has to draw from, is inconsistencies.....Good luck with embellishing on your craft.
Because of the constant barrage of sacks, hits and pressures, (lack of protection), I don't think a lot of people can appreciate how extraordinary a player that he has become as a Pro....I'm starting to wonder if there is any such person that could be considered an adequate backup for Wilson.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
scutterhawk":w5f0optv said:
Hawks46":w5f0optv said:

Because of the constant rotation of O-Linemen that have been ever coming and going,($$$),and because of a near nothing Run Game to help take the heat off, Wilson has had to make something out of nothing (pull plays out of his ass)on nearly every single snap, if you can't depend on the O-Line to give you the bare minimum of protection, nearly every play is a broken play. The only consistency that Wilson has to draw from, is inconsistencies.....Good luck with embellishing on your craft.
Because of the constant barrage of sacks, hits and pressures, (lack of protection), I don't think a lot of people can appreciate how extraordinary a player that he has become as a Pro....I'm starting to wonder if there is any such person that could be considered an adequate backup for Wilson.

Well let's be clear...our OL was pretty bad, but from an experience stand point, not a physical or talent standpoint. We were super green going into last year, which is the FO's fault, but it was what it was.

This isn't endemic to the Seahawks. OLmen coming out of college are not ready to make a big impact the first year the way they were even 5 years ago. There's so much spread and read option going on in college that guys aren't used to playing the NFL game correctly. I read somewhere that QB hits are up league wide, year over year, the last 5 years. Everyone's getting hit more if they stay in the pocket.

The mantra used to be that running QB's weren't going to last long because they took too many hits. While some of that is true (mainly the rules used to hit and target a QB are changed when he becomes a runner), a smart running QB can actually take less hits. I know if I'm a defender, i get frustrated if I chase the QB down, only to watch him slide to the ground and I can't do anything about it. I did all that work and don't even get to lay a hit at the end of the play.

Jville

Reaction score
cst3_ek2v2703.jpg

...... credit to seahawks.com

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guess people will have to find something else to get on him for :D

Dude cares about football more than most. He's gonna' have a hell of a season. Sounds like Lacy looked good too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":18gg2ewx said:
scutterhawk":18gg2ewx said:
Hawks46":18gg2ewx said:

Well let's be clear...our OL was pretty bad, but from an experience stand point, not a physical or talent standpoint. We were super green going into last year, which is the FO's fault, but it was what it was.

This isn't endemic to the Seahawks. OLmen coming out of college are not ready to make a big impact the first year the way they were even 5 years ago. There's so much spread and read option going on in college that guys aren't used to playing the NFL game correctly. I read somewhere that QB hits are up league wide, year over year, the last 5 years. Everyone's getting hit more if they stay in the pocket.

The mantra used to be that running QB's weren't going to last long because they took too many hits. While some of that is true (mainly the rules used to hit and target a QB are changed when he becomes a runner), a smart running QB can actually take less hits. I know if I'm a defender, i get frustrated if I chase the QB down, only to watch him slide to the ground and I can't do anything about it. I did all that work and don't even get to lay a hit at the end of the play.
LOL, well you could fake being a clumsy clutz like Suh does with great regularity, it's a Win-Win, as you get to claim that it was an accident that you stepped on the Quarterback as he lies on the ground, and hell, you wouldn't even receive a fine from the League for it.....Acting 101.
Seriously though, Quarterbacks like Wilson NEED a Run Game to help keep Defenses honest....Lacey?, Carson? Rawls?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The thought of him having his full leg strength back, along w/this group of RB's, dayum. Such a huge weapon to have.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xtrtwno said:
The thought of him having his full leg strength back, along w/this group of RB's, dayum. Such a huge weapon to have.

Ya...in the huddle....rolling dice to figure out who gets the ball.