Programming alert: 2010 Wild Card: Saints @ Seahawks

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The "Beastquake" game... From Jan. 8th, 2011

NFL Network
Saturday, June 3rd
6:30 to 8:00 PM PST

"Despite entering the playoffs as the first division winner with a losing record, the Seahawks knock off the defending Super Bowl champions to advance to the divisional round."

Just a heads up...

Enjoy!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Thanks!! All set to record on my DVR. :2thumbs:

LolaRox

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up BlueThunder, it was an excellent program. :2thumbs:

I was expecting to see a replay of the game, but it is much more than that. It had a 'America's Game' feel to it. It gives some of the back story along with player/coach commentary (PC, Lawyer, Beastmode, MikeRob, Saints players,...) and mic'd up sound from the game.

I hope others saw it and enjoyed it as much as I did, or can catch it if it comes on again.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I was at that game and just watched it on the NFL Network and all I can say is WOW!!!

That game had so many cool things happen in it.

Beastquake of course, Matt Hasselbecks last game as a Seahawk ever including a victory lap around the field after the game with his kids in tow, what in my opinion was one of Matt's best ever deep passing games, Insane crowd, etc.

A 7-9 team takes out the defending Superbowl Champs in the first round of the playoffs, HELL YA!!!

One of the best parts watching this version just played on the NFLN was they interviewed Jeremy Shockey and asked him how he liked playing in the Clink, his facial expression was priceless. (don't forget he was on the Giant team led by by Elly May that suffered the most false starts ever and their kicker missing how many field goals, so cool)

GO HAWKS!!!

Jville

Reaction score
^^^
So this is to be a Sunday afternoon hate thread?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jville":356eiwcr said:
^^^

Hate? Lol. What an overabused term. Silly comment. It is a fair criticism of Bevell. I know that is frowned upon here. Lots of sensitivity...

More important was the fact you glossed over - Bates called a damn good game.

Man, no wonder why so many long time .Net peeps have abandoned this board.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this thread when I posted about this broadcast...Didn't mean to start a new thread...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2am9ofpp said:
Jville":2am9ofpp said:
^^^

Hate? Lol. What an overabused term. Silly comment. It is a fair criticism of Bevell. I know that is frowned upon here. Lots of sensitivity...

Or perhaps its irrelevant comparison comments like this that caused people to abandon ship. So Bates called a decent game. Obviously they were far and few between since he wasn't retained. Two years later, Bevell helped the Hawks nab a ring. And the team continues to thrive.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2k7nr089 said:
FlyingGreg":2k7nr089 said:
Jville":2k7nr089 said:
^^^

Or perhaps its irrelevant comparison comments like this that caused people to abandon ship. So Bates called a decent game. Obviously they were far and few between since he wasn't retained. Two years later, Bevell helped the Hawks nab a ring. And the team continues to thrive.

Is Bevell related to you? Is he your brother? I just don't understand how the minute Bevell shows up on this board you are able to always sprint in and defend him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":d71sz9vh said:
Siouxhawk":d71sz9vh said:
FlyingGreg":d71sz9vh said:
Jville":d71sz9vh said:
^^^

Is Bevell related to you? Is he your brother? I just don't understand how the minute Bevell shows up on this board you are able to always sprint in and defend him.
It probably shouldn't have shown up to begin with in this thread as it has nothing to do with the topic. You made an entire thread about it in The Shack, so I'd suggest you go back and review to satisfy your curiosity.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
As I was watching this I gagged every time I saw Jennings and Curry on that defense. It was the end of some key players of old; Hass(who had a GREAT game), Tatupu(was this his last season as a Hawk?), big play Babs, and Marcus Trufant.
It was also the beginning of the new era and some fixtures of our SB team. Earl and Kam as rookies. Mike Rob, Okung, BEAST MODE, Thurmond. I also had a fond memory of Milloy being in that secondary mentoring the future attitude of the LOB. The team wasn't great but oh my lord, did they play one hell of a game. I still think that if we had Hass for one more year, we would have had a winning team in 2011. It was the beginning of an era.
Thank you so much for posting this. I recorded it and loved watching the end of an old era and the beginning of a new one.

Ballz

Reaction score
Does everybody remember the debate leading up to this game and how a bunch of our fan base actually argued that Charlie Whitehurst should start? Hasselbeck was hurt and did not play in the previous week 17 game vs. the Rams. We obviously ended up winning in a very low scoring game that Whitehurst didn't really contribute much to.

I remember being pretty upset at the time with the venom Hasselbeck was receiving after struggling thru an injury plagued season. I was so happy that he lit it up and proved all the people calling for his head wrong. He was on fire that night!