NFL's Greatest Games: 2010 Saints / Seahawks Playoff

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that game. Two words.

Beast Quake.

I think I have seen this show twice before but I have set my DVR to record anything Seahawks related so when I sat down after a long day to see what was on, I saw this recording. I started watching thinking it was the full game broadcast but it's way better. It has continuous interviews with both Seahawk and Saint players that played in the game (Hasselbeck, etc) intertwined with key plays of the game. Absolutely essential watching for 12's.

Jabari Greer (DB for the Saints that year) is freaking hilarious. Great personality and quite open to how much the Seahawks shocked them in the game.

The best part is Matt explaining the nuances of each major offensive play. Things you would never learn about unless there was a show like this to capture it. I was hoping to link to a video of the broadcast but I couldn't find it. If any of you more savvy 12's can find it, please post it here for everyone to enjoy.

When I really think about it, it is THIS game, that ultimately was the genesis for the great era to come.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":h0ke011h said:
Yeah, that game.

When I really think about it, it is THIS game, that ultimately was the genesis for the great era to come.

Completely agree. This game was the launching pad that put the entire league on notice. It gave the entire team, from front office down, confidence that if you truly believe in doing something, it can be done.

The Beastquake play was great, but so many other plays that came before that helped set that moment up. Hasselbeck had one of his greatest games as a Seahawk. The stadium was electric, wanting to prove the world wrong.

Good times man. Good times...

Now, with expectations as Superbowl or bust every year, it seems like there's so much more negativity around when things don't go our way. Back then this team and our fans were playing on house money with nothing to lose.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^
A second Sunday afternoon hate thread? :shock:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":29bvtiyv said:
Completely agree. This game was the launching pad that put the entire league on notice. It gave the entire team, from front office down, confidence that if you truly believe in doing something, it can be done.

The Beastquake play was great, but so many other plays that came before that helped set that moment up. Hasselbeck had one of his greatest games as a Seahawk. The stadium was electric, wanting to prove the world wrong.

Now, with expectations as Superbowl or bust every year, it seems like there's so much more negativity around when things don't go our way. Back then this team and our fans were playing on house money with nothing to lose.

You're so right...Hass was lights out after that first pick. He walked off the field totally dejected, expecting Pete to light him up but instead Pete said "Hey, forget about it. We need you."

From that moment on, Hass's confidence soared and he arguably played the best game of his career. The touches on some of those deep ball TD's were simply exquisite.

We outsmarted the defending SB champs in that game and the sting remains to this day. As we know the Saints have never been back to the Big Dance ever since.

One of the 12's had a sign saying 7-9 PRIDE. We were hungry and deserving to be heard.

Boy were we.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":1xojthys said:
Jerhawk":1xojthys said:

You're so right...Hass was lights out after that first pick. He walked off the field totally dejected, expecting Pete to light him up but instead Pete said "Hey, forget about it. We need you."

Boy were we.

Hass just abused Roman Harper all game. That pump wheel pass to Camero Morrah just juked Harper out of his shoes.

I was in Iraq when this game happened working night shift around 4 am the Beast Quake run happens and I am running around the hanger yelling like a mad man "best mode!!!"

Mojambo

Reaction score
Everyone only remembers Beastquake, but that was Hasselbeck's last great game as a QB. He was phenomenal. Played so loose and free-wheeling. It was classic Matt Hasselbeck.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just copied my latest reply in the 'other' thread, since it got ignored. ;)
As I was watching this I gagged every time I saw Jennings and Curry on that defense. It was the end of some key players of old; Hass(who had a GREAT game), Tatupu(was this his last season as a Hawk?), big play Babs, and Marcus Trufant.
It was also the beginning of the new era and some fixtures of our SB team. Earl and Kam as rookies. Mike Rob, Okung, BEAST MODE, Thurmond. I also had a fond memory of Milloy being in that secondary mentoring the future attitude of the LOB. The team wasn't great but oh my lord, did they play one hell of a game. I still think that if we had Hass for one more year, we would have had a winning team in 2011. It was the beginning of an era.
Thank you so much for posting this. I recorded it and loved watching the end of an old era and the beginning of a new one.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I agree OP. I love that format. I've seen a few Hawks games featured there.

Funny I was actually at that game. Buddy of mine called me Friday night saying he could buy tix off a coworker if I wanted to go.... naaah I think i'll pass.......Get a call an hour later, his buddy ended up just giving them to him.

We were in the corner end zone field level, first row up from the isle. the Beast quake ran right at us.

Amazingness.. simply amazingness.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We actually didn't purchase playoff tickets that year, I think in protest to the poor record. It was only because my buddy had an extra ticket that I was able to witness one of the greatest games in person.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahwkgal":12y0av9v said:
I just copied my latest reply in the 'other' thread, since it got ignored. ;)
As I was watching this I gagged every time I saw Jennings and Curry on that defense. It was the end of some key players of old; Hass(who had a GREAT game), Tatupu(was this his last season as a Hawk?), big play Babs, and Marcus Trufant.
It was also the beginning of the new era and some fixtures of our SB team. Earl and Kam as rookies. Mike Rob, Okung, BEAST MODE, Thurmond. I also had a fond memory of Milloy being in that secondary mentoring the future attitude of the LOB. The team wasn't great but oh my lord, did they play one hell of a game. I still think that if we had Hass for one more year, we would have had a winning team in 2011. It was the beginning of an era.
Thank you so much for posting this. I recorded it and loved watching the end of an old era and the beginning of a new one.

So true! I didn't realize it at the time that this game would become one of the most historic in our franchise history. You can really see what a true leader Milloy was with those soundbytes on the sideline. I wish he would have had his entire career as a Seahawk. I too think Hass would have had a great final year had we kept him in 2011.