Clayton just announced that Seahawks sign Austin Davis

kidhawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear we have someone with a little bit of NFL experience back there now.

EDIT TO ADD: Just saw this announced officially through the Seahawks App as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good, now maybe the stupid Kaep stuff stop. Pretty embarrassing how many people were angry at the Hawks for something that DIDN'T HAPPEN, and likely was never going to happen. Just like Sherm being traded, didn't happen.
I feel a lot more comfortable with Davis than I ever would w/Boykin.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Let's keep this thread on track and about the Signing of Davis and not those who weren't signed.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
This was always about competition for Boykin and I don't see them keeping 3 QB's anyhow.

Seymour

Reaction score
Too tall, not fast enough. :mrgreen:

Seriously though....tough to get excited about a player you hope to never see in a real game. That said, it's nice to settle things (although he and Boykin will likely now compete for #2) and move forward to more important matters.

sutz

Reaction score
JTB":3t6j9r6v said:
This was always about competition for Boykin and I don't see them keeping 3 QB's anyhow.
I could see them keeping 3. I guess Boykin would have some PS eligibility, though. He would probably get past waivers.

Rat

Reaction score
Good, I've always liked Davis. I thought he showed promise early on with the Rams, but then they just gave up on him. Slight frame, but accurate. Should be fine if we're able to protec..... never mind.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does anyone have his stats? Like coin flips and such? That would be more telling as to what we have for competition for RW now.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I like the skill set. Mobile. Decent arm. Some experience. Vet minimum. Worst case scenario is that it pushes Boykin to win the #2 spot.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3i9tgjfy said:
Anyone know if it was another 1 year deal?

I haven't heard the terms, but I'm going with it being a one-year deal until I hear otherwise. That is what makes the most sense