Chancellor #34 and Wagner #39 on the Top 100

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Wagner is so underrated. There's not a single LB I would take over him.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":23iausg6 said:
Co-sign. I am actually surprised that Chancellor is ranked higher. Personally, I think Wagner should be ranked higher.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":24zh83w1 said:
UK_Seahawk":24zh83w1 said:
Co-sign. I am actually surprised that Chancellor is ranked higher. Personally, I think Wagner should be ranked higher.

Agreed, but LBs dont get the love if they're not putting up huge sack numbers. The piece said it, Wagz had 167 tackles, next closest guy wasn't even to 150....

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2fehxnj1 said:
UK_Seahawk":2fehxnj1 said:

I 100% agree. Wagner had such a standout year, that he deserved to be higher than Kam IMO. But Kam has been on other players radar a bit longer, and I think that is why he still was above Bobby this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Overseasfan":ijlvf3p2 said:
So we still have Russ, Sherm and Earl to go. Doubt any of them are top 10 this year though.

And Jimmy Graham.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":n75lsvfs said:
Seahwkgal":n75lsvfs said:
UK_Seahawk":n75lsvfs said:

I 100% agree. Wagner had such a standout year, that he deserved to be higher than Kam IMO. But Kam has been on other players radar a bit longer, and I think that is why he still was above Bobby this year.

This just highlights the fact that this is just another pointless list. JJ Watt is ranked higher than both of them and he only played three games last season. Hell, even Watt said the list was a joke because he was on it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I still enjoy the show, esp when they are talking about one of our guys. Pete and John have done an incredible job of putting together this roster.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rmhvnef said:
I still enjoy the show, esp when they are talking about one of our guys. Pete and John have done an incredible job of putting together this roster.

Oh, I agree, but there shouldn't be any serious hand wringing over the actual order.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, the list means nothing really. But it sure makes you appreciate how many incredible players are on this team.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Seymour":256zgoxh said:
Overseasfan":256zgoxh said:
So we still have Russ, Sherm and Earl to go. Doubt any of them are top 10 this year though.

And Jimmy Graham.

If you believe this, the Seahawks have 8 on the list. Kam, BWagz, MB, Cliff, DB have already been named so that only leaves room for 3 more. One of Sherm, Earl, Russ, Jimmy will not make the list. (again if it's true they only have 8 on the list).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLGameDay/status/861721978536906752[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Gotta be either RW or Jimmy that doesn't make it.

If it really is about last year, while RW played his guts out, he had a very average year so I guess that's possible.

I really doubt that though given JJ Watt. 3 games...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So far we know that if you lose any one of Wagner, Kam, or Earl....you lose between 6-8 points a game depending on which time who was out and when. There's a lot to be said about the "inside triangle" of run defense, but IMO, cover 3 lends to a great inside triangle in coverage as well. That's most often those 3 in particular, with KJ Wright sometimes taking the inside zone and Kam taking the flat or the other flip where Earl takes the flat or inside zone, KJ takes whatever's left, and Kam takes deep (robber). All 3 in that triangle need to be able to fill multiple, crucial tasks even outside of the framework of their legacy definitions.

As far as cover 3 goes in general though, coverage is much harder on the inside zones(triangle) vs the outside zones. It's a ridiculous amount of ground to cover and communication & continuity is key. And I say that knowing full well that teams love to flood the sideline at 3 levels against cover 3.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I might add that; let's just say for a second that your SLB has a knack for inside zone coverage, which is no small task given that only two players have the short/mid inside zones....there's nothing from stopping you to send your SS or FS, if you trust your SS deep, to the flat and letting your SLB cover an inside zone.

One of the great things is that if you run a cover 3 and you have multiple talented people you can throw some weird looking shit at them and it's almost just a balanced line up all around, albeit harder on inside coverage guys. Either which way, it lends you some flexibility...and that's just one coverage. We go cover 1 one sometimes and even cover 2 to a lesser extent. Prevent as well, sad to say, but it happens.