Seahawk rookie wide receivers ......

Jville

Reaction score
seahawks%20wr

"Good Hands" ..... David Moore

I find that the absence of conceited prima donnas and ego maniacs make Seattle's wide receiver corp so very likeable. The work man make up of the candidates they seek out every year is the stuff that binds it together.

Practice impressions: Seahawks young receivers look good to Baldwin, Carroll >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article154755289.html[/urltargetblank]

Doug Baldwin Guiding ‘Great Group' Of New Seahawks Wide Receivers >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/06/07/doug-baldwin-guiding-%E2%80%98great-group-new-seahawks-wide-receivers[/urltargetblank]

cst13_ek2v3022.jpg

Cyril Grayson Jr.

rm1_9409.jpg
Amara Darboh

* photos from the seahawk.com and/or news tribune

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Feels like we're getting a nice long period of itme to say our proper farewells to Jermaine Kearse. He deserves a lot of praise for some big moments, but it's time for the next wave of talent to fill his spot.

Seymour

Reaction score
That is good news. I like the Darboh pick and think he can contribute. Sad to say, but hopefully Kearse is in trouble this year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Lawler and McEvoy are both in the mix too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I expect most of these guys to make the practice squad. WRs are insanely easy to stash there. Every team has several guys just like this on their own 90 man rosters.

I'm not as high on Darboh as others. I didn't feel like he was particularly good at getting separation or displayed confident hands. But prospects do grow significantly in their first and second offseasons of work. I won't allow my draft day perception of him taint what I see from him this preseason.

I honestly never heard of David Moore before we drafted him. He does however give me a George Fant kind of vibe. Seems like we committed a late round pick to ensure we'd get what may have been a priority free agent signing. One thing that I do like, is the hands. Much like Fant's feet. It's a bedrock/foundation ability for the position.

Can't wait to see these guys in action. Although I'm not sure Kearse/McEvoy necessarily will be under duress for their roster spots. As I see it, if we assume it's Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson as the top 3 guys -- I"m not sure we're going to jettison either Kearse or McEvoy. Because we have to assume that there is still lingering risk to injury to Richardson and Lockett. The 4th and 5th WRs could be counted on to start this year for a time or even for most of the year. So I would find it unlikely we'd go quite so green on the active roster when there is low risk to stashing them on the PS.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Kearse. His cap number for this year is 4.03 million, but has 3.67 million of dead cap money. So if they cut him it would only save $366K on this year's salary cap. They could designate him as a post-June 1st cut and take half of that dead cap space into next year. That move would save $2.2 million on the current year's cap, but would then mean $1.84 million in dead cap space for 2018 (they currently have none, and are projected to have $34.6 million in space next year, which would rank 15th in the NFL. However that is before this year's carryover money takes effect).

I don't think that amount of money in any way means that the Hawks will guarantee him a roster spot this season. He'll have to be better (and maybe a lot better) than the younger WRs coming into the team this year in order to keep his spot on the squad this year in my opinion.

On a completely unrelated cap note, if the 49ers don't add anything to this year's salary cap, they would go into next season with $125 MILLION in cap space.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I found an interesting analysis of Darboh in relation to the Seahawks and Kearse. Attyla will be happy to see some of his flaws... ;)
The one thing that Darboh appears to be is a younger version of Kearse in a lot of ways. He can block and play STs very well. Also, I don't see him staying on the PS. Someone will grab him. He is quite an athlete.
[youtube]a0cNnEtzMk4[/youtube]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
^^^

Nice find. :2thumbs: Thanks for posting.

Another rookie verses veteran contest that could make itself known is that of Cyril Grayson Jr. challenging Paul Richardson for a roster spot. If Grayson has the edge in quickness in change of direction as well as an edge via a needed special teams role, he will challenge the veteran receiver for a roster spot. Richardson is in the final year of his rookie contract.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2khbnlyy said:
I They could designate him as a post-June 1st cut and take half of that dead cap space into next year. That move would save $2.2 million on the current year's cap, but would then mean $1.84 million in dead cap space for 2018

Emphasis on the part of your statement that is relevant. His salary in 2018 is $5M so there's no chance he sticks at the number, so he'd be dead cap in 2018 regardless. The only issue here is will they keep him around at $2.2M in 2017 and I really think not.

bighawk

Reaction score
Grayson will be on this team but not at the expense of Richardson but of Mcevoy. Darboh is a 3rd round pick and he is a faster version with better hands. Moore is intriguing they scouted him for a long time. I think they keep 6 receivers.

randomation

Reaction score
Cyril and McEvoy are completely different players. McEvoy is one big body athletic freak we have outside of Jimmy he is 6'6 and runs a 4.4 has a huge catch radius. Cryil is 5'9 and crazy fast but they fill very different roles.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
HawkGA":1yiru3b7 said:
I'm guessing Cyril goes PS this season.

Given that the man who identified and managed to get Cyril signed to a Seahawk contract is now in Indianapolis, cutting and then resigning Cyril to a practice squad contract may not be all that likely.

In any case, this is the time of year when big 90 man rosters fuel the imagination. Imagine Cyril Grayson Jr., Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson all on the field same field at the same time. That would be interesting. What defensive backfield could stick with that foursome?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ltuugq5 said:
Feels like we're getting a nice long period of itme to say our proper farewells to Jermaine Kearse. He deserves a lot of praise for some big moments, but it's time for the next wave of talent to fill his spot.

Yep, Darboh kind of makes that clear to me. Bigger, stronger and faster version of Kearse, who also makes OBJ type catches. I think I'm going to like this Michigan pipeline.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":1o2cyrhs said:
HawkGA":1o2cyrhs said:

Given that the man who identified and managed to get Cyril signed to a Seahawk contract is now in Indianapolis, cutting and then resigning Cyril to a practice squad contract may not be all that likely.

In any case, this is the time of year when big 90 man rosters fuel the imagination. Imagine Cyril Grayson Jr., Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson all on the field same field at the same time. That would be interesting. What defensive backfield could stick with that foursome?

LOB.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Jville":2qtdkeyl said:
HawkGA":2qtdkeyl said:

Nice bit of knowledge you dropped there!

bighawk

Reaction score
Mcevoy needs to show he can be a possession receiver and not just an occassional deep threat. Carroll loves Grayson he already said they will take there time with him.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
bighawk":2sycb1bi said:
Mcevoy needs to show he can be a possession receiver and not just an occassional deep threat. Carroll loves Grayson he already said they will take there time with him.

While I share your considerable enthusiasm for Cyril Grayson Jr., " randomation" is spot on with his observation that there is no way 5' 9" 178# speedster Grayson and 6' 6" 230# hybrid Tanner McEvoy are competing for the same team roles. The two of them process distinctly different attributes and present different match up challenges for opponents.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Noteable oversight on my part ...................................
cst1_ek2v2526.jpg

...................... undrafted rookie free agent Darreus Rogers