OTA's as seen thru the eyes of Gregg Bell

Jville

Reaction score
rawlscar

Seen at OTAs: Thomas Rawls flying around the field and more >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article155132809.html[/urltargetblank]

▪ Luke Willson looks noticeably bigger and bulkier as he solidifies his place as the No. 2 tight end behind Jimmy Graham.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

▪ LSU track champion Cyril Grayson looks far more like a wide receiver than he should, for being only a couple months into his football career.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

cst34_ek2v1988.jpg
....... this is gonna be great :2thumbs:

Hyak

Reaction score
I think Rawls is being overlooked by a lot of people. He has to prove to be durable but he's shown flashes of being very good.

getnasty

Reaction score
JTB":1sb3gv0y said:
I think Rawls is being overlooked by a lot of people. He has to prove to be durable but he's shown flashes of being very good.

If Rawls can stay healthy I think he outplays Lacy this year.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
JTB":3grh62ya said:

What he really needs to do besides staying healthy is to learn to know WHEN to just try and blow through somebody.

Time after time last year when he was healthy and trying to do his thing he would try to blow up on a defender and come out of the match-up loosing, sometimes badly.

Pick your battles carefully young man, you need to stay healthy for maybe 20+ games in 2017.

Can't wait for the season to get here.

GO HAWKS!!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
Two things:

1: I love the first team Oline combo of Fant, OD, Britt, Glow, GI. That is the combo I want to stick for long term stability.

2.: I wonder if other teams talk about OTA's and just say things like "I know these guys are just running around in shorts, but boy do they suck"

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":1dvblspz said:
Two things:

1: I love the first team Oline combo of Fant, OD, Britt, Glow, GI. That is the combo I want to stick for long term stability.

2.: I wonder if other teams talk about OTA's and just say things like "I know these guys are just running around in shorts, but boy do they suck"

I would not be surprised if that combination ended up being best. That said, I have to hope not as that would mean that all the moves and OL drafting did nothing to better the line from last year.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":225ipwdk said:
Seymour":225ipwdk said:
sdog1981":225ipwdk said:
Two things:

I would not be surprised if that combination ended up being best. That said, I have to hope not as that would mean that all the moves and OL drafting did nothing to better the line from last year.

If the line gets better just through experience and cohesion we are better off. If the backups are better quality than last few years we are better off.

Agree. I am not saying we would not be better off than last year. I am saying the moves made would not have accomplished what they hoped they would. You don't spend $8M of Joeckel and use the #58 pick on Pocic hoping they make good backups.

Ozzy

Reaction score
sdog1981":19z5vfvv said:
Two things:

That means Posic was a miss in the second round though. If a second rounder can't break into this line that was historically bad then something is wrong. We either missed again in the draft or we don't have the right guys in the right spots. We can't afford to miss again with Posic. I really think he ends up starting and if not right away then shortly after the season starts.

StoneCold

Reaction score
austinslater25":mqstyc0r said:
sdog1981":mqstyc0r said:
Two things:

That means Posic was a miss in the second round though. If a second rounder can't break into this line that was historically bad then something is wrong. We either missed again in the draft or we don't have the right guys in the right spots. We can't afford to miss again with Posic. I really think he ends up starting and if not right away then shortly after the season starts.

Not Posic: Pocic.

Very disappointed Austin.

I am very curious about Myers. He's a giant at 6.5 335. What is his story. ( I don't know how to use google)

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":um2mdgww said:
austinslater25":um2mdgww said:
sdog1981":um2mdgww said:
Two things:

I am very curious about Myers. He's a giant at 6.5 335. What is his story. ( I don't know how to use google)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Robert+Meyers+Seahawks

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Fant and Odhiambo pretty much have 2 years of contract left after this year counting Fants RFA.

It's fine by me if Fant and Odhi compete to be the starting Left Side. They could lock it down for the next 3 years. It's also fine by me if Joeckel is relegated to a backup, keeping Fant and Odhi on relatively short-leashes. Or you could even just have a rotation on that side keeping those guys fresh.

Also, don't think Pocic is a bust if he doesn't start, the dude is going to be able to play at all 5 positions eventually. Teams usually keep 7-8 linemen active on Game Day. So having an OC like Pocic who can possibly play OG and OT as well has tremendous value over an OC like Hunt who is kind of one dimensional. Not to mention if Pocic does start it'll have to be at OG or OT. And we are talking about a majority collegiate OC trying to beat out 2nd and 3rd year players at that positions. Hardly a gimme for Pocic.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":1x6ttlgm said:
StoneCold":1x6ttlgm said:
austinslater25":1x6ttlgm said:
sdog1981":1x6ttlgm said:
Two things:

Where I get confused is what to make of the 1000 links. Information overlord.

Wish I knew how to embed this gif

DYQxLeT

Grazie to the fine teachers at .Net

Ozzy

Reaction score
StoneCold":2kqpk7s5 said:
austinslater25":2kqpk7s5 said:
sdog1981":2kqpk7s5 said:
Two things:

I deserve that lol!

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":1xwye6po said:
Seymour":1xwye6po said:
StoneCold":1xwye6po said:
austinslater25":1xwye6po said:

Where I get confused is what to make of the 1000 links. Information overlord.

Wish I knew how to embed this gif

http://imgur.com/gallery/DYQxLeT

Right mouse click on picture -- Then select "copy image location".

Then select IMG tab above your post you are making and paste the image location you copied after
ATTACH]

StoneCold

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2egrusiy said:
Apparently so does Seymour

And I tried everything except IMG. It is such an awesome gif it's with having it 3 times in this thread.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1h63bw8k said:
sdog1981":1h63bw8k said:
Two things:

Completely agree. If he ends up not starting as a 2nd rounder, and is purely there for depth at the weakest position group on the team, then that's an embarrassment

StoneCold

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3l26xobl said:
austinslater25":3l26xobl said:
sdog1981":3l26xobl said:
Two things:

Completely agree. If he ends up not starting as a 2nd rounder, and is purely there for depth at the weakest position group on the team, then that's an embarrassment

I think it would be equally embarrassing to any of those 5 guys if they, as 2nd year + guys can't do a better job than a 2nd round rookie. All good competition however it works out. Let the games begin!

sdog1981

Reaction score
StoneCold":nl2ybcrl said:

I think it would be equally embarrassing to any of those 5 guys if they, as 2nd year + guys can't do a better job than a 2nd round rookie. All good competition however it works out. Let the games begin![/quote]

Don't even get me started about the stupidity of wasting a season of Ifedi at RG last season. If he could play RT then he should have played it last season. IN FACT, if Ifedi starts the season at RT and is average then Cable should be fired at half-time of his first start.