Hawks are gonna kick butt this year....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Am I the only dude that thinks this is gonna be a special season? I think our O-line will be improved... enough. I think the D will get their shit figured out... and re-commit. We're in line for another double-digit win season, and I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Right?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It the line truly shows improvement, run-blocking, and we have some continuity, the starting lineup should be at least decent with something like Fant, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi (and Pocic and Aboushi to fill in).

The Offense can be exceptional with the line doing it's job. Holes for the RBs, enough time for receivers to get separation, and Russ running the RO again...

I already expect the D to be reloaded, and the D-line to be explosive in the middle, too.

Yes, indeed, count me in. I'm excited!

Go Hawks!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I might get pelted from the crowd, but I really have no confidence at all in the offensive line. I want to believe they might be alright this season, but I just cant. Regardless of the line, I believe our success depends on the RB's and secondary staying healthy. If that happens, the sky is the limit.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
agree that the patch work running game has to hold up to injury problems. The secondary needs to improve. If the team stays healthy it could be one of those years but Hawks need a first rd bye imo to get to the super bowl vs the patriots.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic.

I am only slightly worried about the offense
I think it is going to be much improved.

I worry about the defense. Yes, getting Earl back will help a lot. But I would like to see some innovation from Richard as well. Teams get better and better attacking our D every year. We need something fresh.

I really worry about Blair Walsh and his mental toughness with a game on the line.

But yes, the potential is exciting. We have a lot of talent on this roster.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3dt7tky6 said:
Am I the only dude that thinks this is gonna be a special season? I think our O-line will be improved... enough. I think the D will get their shit figured out... and re-commit. We're in line for another double-digit win season, and I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Right?

I'm with you, but every season is special and full of promise to me. We need to appreciate this while we have it. It can easily go back to 7-9 seasons or worse. Do you remember the 90's?

Seafan

Reaction score
Last two years were crazy with injuries. Time for some good luck.

Barring injuries the Hawks will have a great season.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2sdqxhw3 said:
Do you remember the 90's?

I'd prefer to never remember those teams at all... ugh. I'll start getting really worried when Pete and John leave. We hit the jackpot with that combo, and would be hard to replace. It's always a roll of the dice. But hopefully that doesn't happen anytime soon. And I hope Paul Allen lives forever...

HawkGA

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1suklkgt said:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Right?

A double digit win season isn't kicking butt, didn't we learn that from this board last season????
:sarcasm_off:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2o7zsfs9 said:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Right?

I still think the consistency that we will have this season after OTA and Practice will be telling. Preseason takes on a new vibe as there is no precut down to 75 players..although they shall probably cut down early any way just to give the kids a chance to find a team that may want or need players of that caliber.

I feel the fiesty feel to the Defensive line is back and with that and a bit of training for our CBs, they will run around offenses. PC always mentioned the ball as the most important thing, then competition to keep that ball. I think they got it this year, again. We are back to our motto. We all we got, We all we need.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The schedule alone lines up for a 12-15 win season. This team will not face an elite D line until week 5. They have two bye weeks after the Cardinals game on Thursday night they don't play another game for 11 days the bye week is 14 days. The scheduling computer loves the Seahawks.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I'm IN
The O line did not do to bad in the last part of last year. Good running backs and a full stable.
Schedule looks Great. Russell is healthy. I think the stars are aligning (okay maybe just the sun and moon :).
I'm saying 14 wins. Falcons at home the true test!
Roger
GO HAWKS!

Josea16

Reaction score
I'm thinking 12-14 wins.... Atlanta at home, AFCS, NFCE, and Green Bay in September. The OL should finally be decent enough to not get eaten alive by the Rams DL, Arizona got murdered in FA. Yes the schedule is favorable.

chris98251

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":125qw8nr said:
I'm IN
The O line did not do to bad in the last part of last year. Good running backs and a full stable.
Schedule looks Great. Russell is healthy. I think the stars are aligning (okay maybe just the sun and moon :).
I'm saying 14 wins. Falcons at home the true test!
Roger
GO HAWKS!

Just happened to coincide with Reese being added to the backfield, I am not sold yet, we don't have Reese and the musical Chairs music is playing again, I stick by my thoughts 8 games before we have the O line in position to finish the last 8 games and playoffs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I have that feeling as long as they can avoid the injury bug.
Schedule sets up nicely and if the O-line can just be near average and the playcalling on both sides of the ball can improve and be more consistent, great things will happen! :2thumbs:

I don't have quite the feeling I did the XLVIII where there was NO DOUBT in my mind they were winning the Super Bowl in spring of that year, but that's the only time I ever had that feeling about any Seattle area college or pro team since the UW football's perfect national championship season.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I agree except that I'm not so sure the schedule works out nicely for us. Going to Lambeau opening week is brutal and I could see a scenario where we give up some healthy points and then finger pointing starts. Also think tenn week 3 will be tough

adeltaY

Reaction score
NJlargent":3nohbicg said:
I agree except that I'm not so sure the schedule works out nicely for us. Going to Lambeau opening week is brutal and I could see a scenario where we give up some healthy points and then finger pointing starts. Also think tenn week 3 will be tough

If the Hawks can win that game by a solid margin they likely become hot SB contender picks in the media. Super excited for it and think they can do it. Much more worried about @DAL, but we'll have a few months to see how they shape up before playing them Christmas Eve.