3 Seahawks in #30-21 NFL Top 100-Jimmy didin't make it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seems like fair numbers for all of them. All three had injuries this year so that was bound to lower them somewhat.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Earl was actually ranked higher this year. FWIW.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":hhb81joa said:
Earl was actually ranked higher this year. FWIW.

I think that may be partially due to the fact that our defense took a significant dip after he went out. Still think he's ranked pretty fair as far as every player in the league goes. Personally I'd rank him higher, but I know I'm very biased.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not that the list matters overall, but I'm pretty damn proud of 8 guys out of a 100 being from the Hawks. Pretty impressive.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The big question is: Would Jimmy have made it if he were on a team that used him correctly? :stirthepot:

Seafan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2jt53f7m said:
Jimmy should be in the Top 100 somewhere, too bad he didn't make the cut.

Not that it matters but the fact he didn't make it into the top 100 shows have credible that list is.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I believe Richard Sherman that this list is BS. I have yet to hear of even one player voting. Not one single player has ever come out and said "yeah, I voted for so & so" or anything to that effect. The explanation on what this list represents is always set in a shadow of over crossing seasons. "It's based on what players did last season but also how they are projected to perform this coming season".

It's merely another list to add attention to the off season. The creation of bar room banter to stay relevant during an irrelevant time.

chris98251

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3dgf0ud1 said:
I believe Richard Sherman that this list is BS. I have yet to hear of even one player voting. Not one single player has ever come out and said "yeah, I voted for so & so" or anything to that effect. The explanation on what this list represents is always set in a shadow of over crossing seasons. "It's based on what players did last season but also how they are projected to perform this coming season".

It's merely another list to add attention to the off season. The creation of bar room banter to stay relevant during an irrelevant time.

Well they could do the Top 100 Racks by Celebrities I guess. Still Bar Room banter but hey............

Steve2222

Reaction score
The list is a joke. Players vote for 20 players, with their first choice obviously being who they think the top player is. To put that into perspective, some player thought that Alex Smith was a Top 20 player which is insanely false.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":3or0xapz said:
MD5eahawks":3or0xapz said:

Well they could do the Top 100 Football Cheerleader Racks by Player Vote I guess. Still Bar Room banter but hey............

FIFY.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Cyrus12":v0qfijdg said:
Anyone else think Sherman is listed too high?
Not me. Not at all. I know his antics piss some off here(not me) but on the field he is incredible and the best tackling CB in the NFL-hands down.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Even in a down year like last, Sherman was still one of the top three CBs in the league.

Does anyone argue that he wasn't?

253hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2iw5yrg7 said:
HawkFan72":2iw5yrg7 said:

Not that it matters but the fact he didn't make it into the top 100 shows have credible that list is.

Also the fact that Adrian Peterson made the list at #98 with an amazing 72 rushing yards last year. Like all lists, it's a stupid popularity contest.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Fine with it; the TE's who made the list all have had better stats over the last two seasons (which is really what you have to look at for these lists) and we all know Jimmy's not the best run blocker so you can't chalk added value to him as an 'intangible'.

You can't seriously expect NFL athletes to sit there and strategize 100 players accurately and without bias when they spend the whole year only really scrutinizing their opponents. Your average fan probably has as broad a knowledge as the players. You're talking about a league where one of the best QB's to play the game didn't know what a nickel defense was until he'd been in the league a minute and a newly drafted franchise QB doesn't know the divisions. I think the way they do it is fine. it's an irrelevant list that exists for entertainment purposes.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":1nqrz4r7 said:
Seafan":1nqrz4r7 said:
HawkFan72":1nqrz4r7 said:

Also the fact that Adrian Peterson made the list at #98 with an amazing 72 rushing yards last year. Like all lists, it's a stupid popularity contest.

Well said 253. :2thumbs:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Jimmy had better stats then a couple of guys on that list. He is easily one of the 100 best players in the league and just based on talent/skill he is probably ahead of half the Seahawks on that list. A healthy Graham has a monster year and all the talk about not utilizing him correctly is forgotten this year. At least I hope so.