Michael Bennett: We can’t win a game without Russell Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
Enough said

"Bennett said Wilson is “a great person of great character, a person that gives back and a great leader” that the team needs if they are going to be successful."

“On a team with competitive people, there are going to be issues that are going to happen,” Bennett said. “There’s just a lot of alpha males running around, but everybody supports Russell Wilson. We can’t win a game without Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a top-five quarterback in the NFL. We cannot win a game without a guy like that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/

kidhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":ax7ax7du said:
Enough said

"Bennett said Wilson is “a great person of great character, a person that gives back and a great leader” that the team needs if they are going to be successful."

“On a team with competitive people, there are going to be issues that are going to happen,” Bennett said. “There’s just a lot of alpha males running around, but everybody supports Russell Wilson. We can’t win a game without Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a top-five quarterback in the NFL. We cannot win a game without a guy like that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/

Although the statement is untrue, I think the sentiment is a necessity. Whether teammates get along, or like each other or not, they have to support one another in the common goal which is to win games. They all must count on each other every time they step out onto the field.

mikeak

Reaction score
Talk about knowing what to say and when to say it. Perfect public statement. Liking him more every day that goes by

Now lets get some sacks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, there are video clips of Bennett telling him he loves playing with him, respects his game etc. after a playoff win. This isn't just something he's saying because of the timing. Same with Sherm and him walking off the field after NFC Championship. That being said, I LOVE that he has his QB's back.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry Mike but going out of your way to make over the top statements like this does nothing to help your QB IMO. Keep it out of the news cycle and let it die and take it's legs away is the best bet. Giving this more press just looks more like damage control and actually gives credibility to the statements made in the article.

Good intentions I'm sure, but let this die so we can too please!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":2w1hxait said:
Sorry Mike but going out of your way to make over the top statements like this does nothing to help your QB IMO. Keep it out of the news cycle and let it die and take it's legs away is the best bet. Giving this more press just looks more like damage control and actually gives credibility to the statements made in the article.

Say what? If there's an issue, there's an issue. If there's, not there's not. It makes no difference if anyone says anything and keeps whatever alive in the minds of whomever. I think you need to adjust your x-ray vision. It's missing the point.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":3t7jti4q said:
Seymour":3t7jti4q said:

Say what? If there's an issue, there's an issue. If there's, not there's not. It makes no difference if anyone says anything and keeps whatever alive in the minds of whomever. I think you need to adjust your x-ray vision. It's missing the point.

Pete says it's old news, Sherman says it's lies by cowards, and Bennett said it was BS earlier. If you believe it's an issue, then you believe the troll press and not what our leaders are saying.
No adjustment needed here.

My point. Of course we can win a game without Russell, so don't look dumb in defending the guy and feed the trolls.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":1m77qyf0 said:
StoneCold":1m77qyf0 said:
Seymour":1m77qyf0 said:

Pete says it's old news, Sherman says it's lies by cowards, and Bennett said it was BS earlier. If you believe it's an issue, then you believe the troll press and not what our leaders are saying.

My point. Of course we can win a game without Russell, so don't look dumb in defending the guy and feed the trolls.

LOL of course we can win a game without Wilson, the point was how important he is to our team, we may win a game or even 2 without him but we are not perennial post season and SB contenders with out him. I am also sure he was asked yet again, and frankly, I think it is great that Bennet who when convenient most here says, speaks hot it is, is saying this.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":2mhwsykx said:
StoneCold":2mhwsykx said:
Seymour":2mhwsykx said:

He is overstating the case, but his words won't hurt Russell or anyone else on the team. It may diminish him in your eyes, but you wear funny goggles.

Seymour

Reaction score
I believe last years team wins 6-8 games without Russell myself.

Saying a top 7 QB is important to the team is like saying water is important to life. It is stating the obvious to any football fan on any team.

Anyway, again, I think Bennett's intentions are clearly good, but they need to just laugh and say please don't ask dumb questions to these guys and they will eventually move on to another victim.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seymour":2cyb7ydi said:

Saying a top 7 QB is important to the team is like saying water is important to life. It is stating the obvious to any football fan on any team.

Anyway, again, I think Bennett's intentions are clearly good, but they need to just laugh and say please don't ask dumb questions to these guys and they will eventually move on to another victim.

I disagree because sometime during this season there will be another debacle. Some blow-up on the practice field / during the game / media report about issues / bonehead offensive playcall (or two or three) etc

There will be something that just gives true life to this again.

Then when Bennett or someone else comes out strongly and backs the QB and the team unity it is tied back to these comments. That they are not just saying it then to pacify things. You build from the ground up and this is a foundation stone

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seymour hit it on the head. 6 to 8 wins max w/out Russ. And certainly no Super Bowl w/out him.
Of course, you could say no Super Bowl w/many teams' starting QB out. But the point being his impact is large, and I get the feeling people will miss him quickly if he ever misses games, including those who are not supporters of him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Truth or not, Pete Damage control in the press, Bennett Damage Control in the Press, Sherman blaming the Press about no story. This is all about getting the distractions put to bed and support for Wilson from within.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Our message board population is getting down to the "wacky few". We've already had a shooting in Washington DC today, let's not shoot the few remaining Hawk fans who post here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1tofw16f said:
Bennett calling out our back up qb' s....controversy start!

LMAO!!

There is that angle too. He did put in a good word for another very "popular" backup QB now didn't he? :twisted:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Seymour":2ht3jnw5 said:

The men calling the shots obviously believed different because they chose to play a beat up to hell Russell over any of their choices of back ups.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Sherman will speak again, of that we can be sure, so this story isn’t going away anytime soon.

On the plus side, IF the alpha males need something to cling to (ie “us against the world and all the fake news guys are trying to tear us down”), to give them that little extra, then let this be their rallying cry for the betterment of all.

If they’re all standing arm in arm on the fifty yard line in Minneapolis singing kumbaya after winning Super Bowl LII, THEN it will be over.

Winning solves everything.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":348u1pjr said:
Sherman will speak again, of that we can be sure, so this story isn’t going away anytime soon.

On the plus side, IF the alpha males need something to cling to (ie “us against the world and all the fake news guys are trying to tear us down”), to give them that little extra, then let this be their rallying cry for the betterment of all.

If they’re all standing arm in arm on the fifty yard line in Minneapolis singing kumbaya after winning Super Bowl LII, THEN it will be over.

He already did:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ell-wilson

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3ohxks40 said:
FidelisHawk":3ohxks40 said:

He already did:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ell-wilson

And he will again. That's what we love about him.