Sherman's 1st 2017 press conference

Seymour

Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/06/14/richard-sherman-minicamp-press-conference

I've been a tough critic of Shermans outbursts, but I think he seems to be in a better place to start the season. Listening to much of this press conference there is the typical denial of things you will always hear, but also a bit of admission and optimism that last years cracks in the wall may be behind him. Hope so, he is here and we need him at his best.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Surprised this topic wasn't posted earlier. I feel much better about the situation after hearing him talk. I loved hearing him say he was over the top at times and it's him owning it, at least in part. Reports from practice are that he is looking fantastic and I have a feeling Sherman is at his best this year and is motivated to prove his doubters wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus 1, have been very frustrated with him after last season. But he did sound a lot more relaxed overall imo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glad to hear a little contrition out of Sherman, hopefully he has matured.

But as we all know about the offseason...........everyone looks amazing, and everyone loves each other. We won't know exactly how all these relationships and drama will play out until the games matter.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Not worried about drama. Last year was the highest drama year of the Pete era. Didn't cost us one game. Not worried.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not worried either. Really think the Seahawks are going to be back to SB level play this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it. Pete fosters a competitive atmosphere, and this will happen. A lot.

Anyone that has played football knows how it is. I was a defensive player, and on the practice field, it's offense vs. defense. You're trying to make them look bad, and yourself good. Sometimes that definitely bleeds over into the locker room.

Come game day, it's you guys vs. the world. It's how it is. If you're a competitor, it's just how it is. I imagine it's even more so at the NFL level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The chips on the shoulders will be next level this year. Many players have a lot to prove, especially those coming off injury and those w/impending contracts coming up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Both offense and defense are trying to embarrass the other and get into each others heads, would you drop a interception to not make Wilson feel bad or take it to the house and say throw it again I like Touchdowns, or as a Receiver make a move and catch and take it in and on the way back tell the DB all day long your toast. Did it when I played in the 70's and they do it now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So............. a large bit of "this story" was blown out of proportion by the media???? Hmmmm, go figure! 8)

I urge all to watch Earl's presser as well. You gotta love his laser like focus. Dude is a pure baller!

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wyepkex6 said:
So............. a large bit of "this story" was blown out of proportion by the media???? Hmmmm, go figure! 8)

I urge all to watch Earl's presser as well. You gotta love his laser like focus. Dude is a pure baller!

Fake News….. It’s everywhere...