Seahawks/NFL Kevin Durant Acquisition?

LolaRox

Reaction score
On NFL Live (ESPN TV show) they had a NFL 'Kevin Durant draft' today and I thought it was kinda fun/interesing. The panel (Louis Riddick, D Woodson, T Bruschi) was instructed to pick one elite player to add to a current team to put that team over the top - they only did it for their FPI top ten teams.

Patriots -- no pick
Packers -- Richard Sherman
Steelers -- Khalil Mack
Seahawks -- Ezekiel Elliott (Surprised at this pick, thought they would chose a tackle) - I think Teddy made the Hawks' pick
Falcons -- Von Miller
Cowboys -- Aaron Donald
Raiders -- Earl Thomas
Chiefs -- Aaron Rodgers
Panthers -- Tyron Smith
Ravens -- Odell Beckhan Jr

Your thoughts?

Which one player would you add to the Seahawks that would put them over the top? Zeke is a very intriguing pick and I kinda like it but I would go with an elite tackle, probably Trent Williams. I think Zeke is a good player, but if there is a gap between him and the other RBs on the roster, it's not as big as the gap between whatever OT the Hawks come up with and Trent Williams or Tyron Smith.

Given the players they assigned above, which team is the best. Each team keeps their players even if they've been added to another team's roster ex; Seahawks keep Sherm and Earl and add Zeke). If the Falcons added Von Miller they would be incredibly hard to beat, but the other teams still seem beatable.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
No pick for NE? What, they are already conceding that they will win the next SB? :pukeface:

OP
OP
LolaRox

LolaRox

Reaction score
yes pretty much... because they are the current SB champs what do these other teams need to knock them off.

and I agree :pukeface:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ri8iaez said:
No pick for NE? What, they are already conceding that they will win the next SB? :pukeface:

Deflated balls were not an option so they forfeited their pick :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team doesn't need a Kevin Durant addition though that would be nice to get.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All the team needs is a season where they stay comparatively healthy at all the key positions.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll choose Paul Tagliabue since we've seen what he can do when he doesn't want us to win.

2nd choice would be JJ Watt of course.

nose after loss to Seahawks September 2013 083030

Erebus

Reaction score
Aaron Donald or JJ Watt would probably make our defense the greatest of all time. It's not enough to say we'd have the best defense in the league. We've already had that in recent years without a superstar pass rusher. Having one of these two guys would put the defense above its 2013 level. But with that said, we're still good enough to win the Super Bowl without them, barring key injuries.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I would add free agent 6'10 240 WR/TE/CB/FS Kevin Durant. Lots of upside.

Official draft profile from NFL-FauxBS: "Quick feet, very athletic, 7 foot wing span, lanky build but potential for strength growth. Highly athletic project with a high ceiling-very high literally. Likely suitors: Oakland, Seattle, Dallas, Baltimore."

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I agree with the Donald/Watt picks. This team with 1 of those 2 might get 60 sacks. Add in Wagner Wright sherman Kam Thomas and no one would score 10 points.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Julio Jones. Tough recover. Always making big plays. With DB and Jimmy and a running game we`d be the most formidable offense and defense in the NFL

irocdave

Reaction score
Agreed. I hope the younger NFL fan appreciates watching JJ Watt does when he plays, this type of player doesn't come along very often from that position group. He is one of the best to ever play NFL football.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Watching Reggie White was like no other defender in history, but he's kind of not fair. A dude as big as he was should never be legally allowed to run a 4.6 40 by natural law. Speed was just a part though. He'd literally toss OL on the ground with one arm and that's not even remotely an exaggeration.

JJ Watt's pretty good though.

Lithium

Reaction score
I will repeat the Aaron Donald pick... That thought does to me what The Rock does to some girls....phew...I need to cool off.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We've already got a basketball player at left tackle, why not throw another one in at guard?

Josea16

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2nd7sqcu said:
Watching Reggie White was like no other defender in history, but he's kind of not fair. A dude as big as he was should never be legally allowed to run a 4.6 40 by natural law. Speed was just a part though. He'd literally toss OL on the ground with one arm and that's not even remotely an exaggeration.

JJ Watt's pretty good though.
That Philadelphia defense was special with White and his bookend that died (Jerome Brown?). Houston might have something similar this year and it's the Seahawks bad luck that they play them this year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Elliot?

As cool as that would be I'm pretty estatic for our group... If you get the best of Lacy and Rawls... watch out. If Prosise can do what he did last for a whole season, his size, athleticism, and skillset is so dangerous. Not mention a very competitive back end of the group.

JJ Watt and Donald would be intriguing but I'm also pretty ecstatic for our Dline group. It has all the components of being a very dominant rotation. In my mind, McDowell is going to crush it. Jones is going be a solid run defender. Reed and Rubin are going to put in great seasons. Seahawks are going to maximize Dion Jordan's potential and he might find a place here. Jefferson is going to show some good things. Not to mention a dominant group of DEs in Bennett, Avril, Clark, and Marsh. Even though I still believe the latter two could be more SLB/LEO hybrids.

You want this player to have significant impact, and while it would be easy to go offensive line. Seahawks have imo a solid young core that might end up surprising a lot of people. I think this roster might have the best all around competition. There are really no big time projects, no older players unless you count Joeckel in his 5th year. All pretty much guys in need of experience to really take the next step.

It would also be easy for the Seahawks to take a SLB and there is a lot of names you could insert to make one intriguing discussion.

But my guy only has two seasons under his belt and was recently revealed as a top 50 player of NFLs Top 100. 6'0, 200, 31 1/2 in arms but according to one source a 6'7 wing span or 79 inches. In two years, he has become one of the most feared ball-hawkers in the NFL notching a total of 14 interceptions. This player being...

CB Marcus Peters, No. 32 on NFL Top 100

For a team in need of a dominant CB opposite Richard Sherman in this pass happy league, the more quality DBs, the better. Peters would be a perfect fit and you could even put Sherman on his toes by allowing Peters to compete for the LCB role.

randomation

Reaction score
I would take Donald to take him away from the Rams otherwise go for a topflight tackle.