Doug Baldwin makes clear intention to stay with Seahawks

Jville

Reaction score
Usa today 101082480

Doug Baldwin makes clear intention to stay with Seahawks for his whole career >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/6/16/15820624/doug-baldwin-makes-clear-intention-to-stay-with-seahawks-for-his-whole-career[/urltargetblank]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
One of the comments is hilarious.........So I quoted it....enjoy.

"Given...
the theme of the article, I’m going to assume it’s not coincidence that the photo makes it look like ADB is proposing to Schneider.

Posted by AngrySquirrelStyle on Jun 16, 2017 | 2:07 PM"

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It'll be interesting, I think if Baldwin can play another 8 years, until he is 36, kind of like Steve Smith And he can somehow manage to average about 80 receptions, 1000 yards and 7 tds in that time, while keeping his 75% catch rate to push his career % over 70%. Then win another SB or two. That's borderline HoF.

Baldwin would end his career near or around 1000 catches, 13,000 yard and 80 TDs while probably being one of the most efficient WRs the game.

What happens to Steve Smith who ended his career with 1031 catches, 14,731 yards, and 81 TDs in a 16 year career and whether or not, he has forged a HoF career is either going to help or hurt the Baldwin of my projections.

I will say this, Steve Smith has never had a catch rate over 70%. Only 3 times in 16 years has it been over 65%. 9 seasons were under 60%.

Baldwin in the last 4 years has catch rates of
2013: 72 targets, 69.4%,
2014: 98 targets, 67.3%,
2015: 103 targets, 75.7%,
2016: 125 targets, 75.2%.

You think his % would be more viotile as teams started to key on him more as the team's top WR as well as getting an increased number of targets.

He wasn't a full time starter until 2013 when Rice was I.R.d, starting 9 games.

What Baldwin has done is pretty extraordinary, dialed in his limited opportunities within this offense over the years, and has a serious dedication to his craft and skill, always learning, always finding ways to improve while getting quicker and stronger each off-season. Probably one of, if not the best blocking WR under 6'0, 200 pounds in the NFL. Not to mention a pedigree of making some incredible catches with just tremendous focus. The dude competes every single day, every single play, and in only 6 seasons he has not only become one of the league's best WRs but a great mentor and an even better leader.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2f95mjrz said:
It'll be interesting, I think if Baldwin can play another 8 years, until he is 36, kind of like Steve Smith And he can somehow manage to average about 80 receptions, 1000 yards and 7 tds in that time, while keeping his 75% catch rate to push his career % over 70%. Then win another SB or two. That's borderline HoF.

Baldwin would end his career near or around 1000 catches, 13,000 yard and 80 TDs while probably being one of the most efficient WRs the game.

What happens to Steve Smith who ended his career with 1031 catches, 14,731 yards, and 81 TDs in a 16 year career and whether or not, he has forged a HoF career is either going to help or hurt the Baldwin of my projections.

I will say this, Steve Smith has never had a catch rate over 70%. Only 3 times in 16 years has it been over 65%. 9 seasons were under 60%.

You think his % would be more viotile as teams started to key on him more as the team's top WR as well as getting an increased number of targets.

What Baldwin has done is pretty extraordinary, dialed in his limited opportunities within this offense over the years, and has a serious dedication to his craft and skill, always learning, always finding ways to improve while getting quicker and stronger each off-season. Probably one of, if not the best blocking WR under 6'0, 200 pounds in the NFL. Not to mention a pedigree of making some incredible catches with just tremendous focus. The dude competes every single day, every single play, and in only 6 seasons he has not only become one of the league's best WRs but a great mentor and an even better leader.

I do believe Steve Smith has had a HOF career and while there's a lot of "ifs" I would not bet against Baldwin playing at a high level until he's 36. Doug has a genuine passion for the game and is seemingly getting better each year. He will be in the Ring of Honor at minimum, and he may be just now hitting his prime.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":l7yzzf4t said:
Pandion Haliaetus":l7yzzf4t said:

I do believe Steve Smith has had a HOF career and while there's a lot of "ifs" I would not bet against Baldwin playing at a high level until he's 36. Doug has a genuine passion for the game and is seemingly getting better each year. He will be in the Ring of Honor at minimum, and he may be just now hitting his prime.
Another Super Bowl ring this year would help his case. :D

themunn

Reaction score
Steve Smith has definitely had a HoF career.

I don't think Baldwin is quite there yet with the stats, though he has the ability.

Smith had a couple of awesome seasons - 2005 with over 100 catches, 1500 yards and 14TDs stands out, 2008 and 2011 with around 1400 yards each year too also stand above Baldwin's best season.

With that said, a healthy RW this year could mean an explosive year for Baldwin, given what we know about the second half of 2015. Even in the opener last year he had 9 catches for 91 yards and a TD - 6 catches in the first half before the ankle injury (though 3 for 33 yards and a TD after so not sure how much I can say it affected him there).

Exciting stuff

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":d6eq4h7h said:

I agree about the HOF comment. Coupled with him being an udfa, writers eat that s*** up, he would have a legitimate shot at it. But like much of his career, he would probably be overlooked for it too. I also agree that, they need couple more SB'S so there is zero doubt for more than just ADB.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":76pev4zc said:
One of the comments is hilarious.........So I quoted it....enjoy.

"Given...
the theme of the article, I’m going to assume it’s not coincidence that the photo makes it look like ADB is proposing to Schneider.

Posted by AngrySquirrelStyle on Jun 16, 2017 | 2:07 PM"

That comment was my initial reaction to the picture as well. I think that's what they were going for, Lol. If Baldwin makes it to the end of his career as a Hawk, he will forever be immortalized in all of our minds I'm sure, if not already.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
What a great success story.
He appears to have learned from some of his antics and is a superb student of the game.
I don't think he is too far from surpassing Brian Blades as the second best WR we have ever had, He surely has the heart, determination, and skills.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I wish the majority of the players could be like ADB. Quality player on the field. Answers the media honestly but tactfully. Great with fans. Stays out of trouble. No contract issues before its due.