Seahawks run game goes from 'Beastmode' to 'Hulkmode'

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Seattle Seahawks have a new “mode” in town.

Running back Eddie Lacy, not one to be shown up by former Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch, AKA “Beastmode,” is now branding his own apparel, “Hulkmode.”

Lacy tweeted the photos of his new clothing line Friday morning, encouraging the 12s to check out the swag.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/875778013564203008[/tweet]

With six weeks to kill away from the Seahawks facility, it seems Lacy is using his downtime to promote his brand.

Whether “Hulkmode” will produce the “Beastmode” numbers the Seahawks are hoping for remains to be seen, but Lacy won’t take a backseat to Lynch in the clothing industry.

For those interested in shopping, the “Hulkmode” shirt is available in sizes small to XXL.

https://www.eddielacyrb.com/products/la ... 0253080078

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... kmode/amp/

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hulk-mode doesn't really roll off the tongue. I think he would sell more of these. Just embrace it . . . feasting on defender's missed tackles, feasting on the misconceptions that he would be out of shape, etc.

Il 340x270859466355 iqha

:irishdrinkers:

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hulk Mode?

Already?

Sounds so....millennial.

He has to play first AND put in at least one good, full year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Vesuve":1mpghyp5 said:
Hulk Mode?

Already?

Sounds so....millennial.

He has to play first AND put in at least one good, full year.

Yep. Getting going a little early with this. BeastMode became a thing because of that run at New Orleans.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I love that he seems all-in with the Seahawks and I hope he tears it up like never before seen. But what if Rawls beats him out and stays healthy.......? I expect one of our numerous RB's to be more than sufficient though and can't wait to see what everyone looks like in August.

sutz

Reaction score
Not really feeling it. The Packers have green as their major jersey color. For us, green is a highlight. We'll see, I guess, but I agree with those posts above. Let's see some production on the field before he starts marketing a new handle.

:229031_shrug:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
We're talking about a 4 year veteran RB who has had success in the NFL and has been doing the Hulk mode thing for a few years. Its not like this is some rookie coming in and starting a clothing line.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like Feastmode better, but if he sells a few of these, more power to him.

naholmes

Reaction score
I appreciate the Hulk thing but sorry hulk mode is too derivative for me to get behind. I also feel like it takes away from Marshawn's legacy. He should remove the mode and change it to Hulk Smash or something like that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Quite a bit of hubris to be doing this before earning a yard for the Seahawks. Reminds me of one of those things that ends up on those "Top 15 Stupidest Things Ever Done" lists that Looper runs,. Although admittedly, it would probably only make the honorable mentions.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Lets remember that Marshawn was not something special prior to his peak with the seahawks. But he still refer to himself as beastmode.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3rfi02cj said:
Quite a bit of hubris to be doing this before earning a yard for the Seahawks. Reminds me of one of those things that ends up on those "Top 15 Stupidest Things Ever Done" lists that Looper runs,. Although admittedly, it would probably only make the honorable mentions.

While I agree that this is ridiculous, it seems to me that the entire NFL is built on "quite a bit of hubris."

chris98251

Reaction score
northseahawk":3baiiqlw said:
Lets remember that Marshawn was not something special prior to his peak with the seahawks. But he still refer to himself as beastmode.

1st round draft pick fans loved him in Buffalo, was productive but clashed with the Team for some reason and was benched. He was known for Beast mode there before here for a reason. Was never ability but was clashing personalities and the Media. We got a steal.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawknation2017":10two7pb said:
Hulk-mode doesn't really roll off the tongue. I think he would sell more of these. Just embrace it . . . feasting on defender's missed tackles, feasting on the misconceptions that he would be out of shape, etc.

Il 340x270859466355 iqha

:irishdrinkers:

winner! he would make a helluva lot more selling these!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
sutz":3k0tiq87 said:
Not really feeling it. The Packers have green as their major jersey color. For us, green is a highlight. We'll see, I guess, but I agree with those posts above. Let's see some production on the field before he starts marketing a new handle.

:229031_shrug:

you forget about Seahulk....

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":11k6ujjp said:
northseahawk":11k6ujjp said:

1st round draft pick fans loved him in Buffalo, was productive but clashed with the Team for some reason and was benched. He was known for Beast mode there before here for a reason. Was never ability but was clashing personalities and the Media. We got a steal.
Sounds really similar to a in shape Lacy on a pass centric team right? Very interesting that he's meeting those weight goals and is already a proven great after contact runner especially when in shape and healthy. He doesn't have Lynch's top end speed because he's more like Bettis, Czonka, Campbell and Riggens then Brown, Peterson or Simpson.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3orsx3y0 said:
When Marshawn first came to the Seahawks after 4 years of doing not much with the Bills, I thought Beastmode, really? Who is this guy and what has he done to earn that nickname.

Then he showed us.

Maybe history can repeat itself.

Hope springs eternal here in Seattle. Can fate strike the Hawks a second time?