Sky's the limit for CJ Prosise

Hawks46

Reaction score
It actually shouldn't be too difficult.

He runs way to upright and takes too many solid, square shots. I'm sure this is obvious to the coaching staff and shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've thought since the draft he has a chance to be special. Still think he's going to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Prosise is in the same boat as Rawls, upside and "sky's the limit" means nothing if you can't stay on the field.

I think it was Holmgren who said the #1 most important trait of a football player is availability. Nothing frustrates a team and coach more than a player who keeps getting hurt.

The reason Lacy is here is because the two backs we counted on last year, Rawls and Procise couldn't play consistently.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":23nqo1fs said:
Captain Obvious here: He's just gotta stay healthy.

Three major injuries in nine months are very concerning.

StoneCold

Reaction score
He's bigger than I thought based on the eye test from last years short stint. 6' 220 lbs. Part of that was based on the injuries which led me to believe he was small or delicate or frail or fragile or...but in reality he's a big guy. Hope we get to see him for 19 games next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Derrick Fenner and Chris Warren also had a upright running style.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
After watching Prosise in the Pats game last season and seeing how he took over that game I am psyched to see more of him and do believe as otherwise stated here he could just be a giant mismatch for DBs or some OLBs.

It was disconcerting how nicked up he got w/o much contact though, and I wondered at times did he come to team hurt already? I hope after last season he's learned something about his pro level physical training and he's figured out how to stay healthy for a season b/c he certainly was diappointing in that regard last season.

I too am very interested to see him play this season and hope he can just stay healthy.

Josea16

Reaction score
jammerhawk":eq04xf6u said:
After watching Prosise in the Pats game last season and seeing how he took over that game I am psyched to see more of him and do believe as otherwise stated here he could just be a giant mismatch for DBs or some OLBs.

It was disconcerting how nicked up he got w/o much contact though, and I wondered at times did he come to team hurt already? I hope after last season he's learned something about his pro level physical training and he's figured out how to stay healthy for a season b/c he certainly was diappointing in that regard last season.

I too am very interested to see him play this season and hope he can just stay healthy.
He came in slightly injured, Pete said he was never near 100% last year. This year he's completely healthy and 100% it could get ridiculous if he stays healthy.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I've seen this before. this guy will never live up to his potential because he will never be healthy. I'd love to be wrong but i wont be.

chris98251

Reaction score
Reggie Bush was very good his Rookie year and then got used to much and the injuries basically shut down a lot of his career, not durable enough to play every down.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2u8v9dtl said:
Reggie Bush was very good his Rookie year and then got used to much and the injuries basically shut down a lot of his career, not durable enough to play every down.

Bush has ended up having a long career though, so there's still much hope Prosise can do the same. He certainly has all the tools and at minimum, can be our 3rd down back for the near future and mix in a few carries a game. Fewer touches, but used optimally could prolong his career.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1iz2hgdp said:
I've seen this before. this guy will never live up to his potential because he will never be healthy. I'd love to be wrong but i wont be.

Wow, after only one season? What a pessimistic viewpoint, Think I'll wait until after he has another season written off. Then I 'd start to suspect you could be right. With injuries, I don't see any reason to believe that this player has had an injury problem that is anything more than a rookie's slow adjustment to the greater physicality of the NFL.

I remain excited to watch him play this season and think we might be very pleased by his performance. Many rookies have slow starts as they adjust to getting their bodies ready to play pro ball. Do agree Prosise has a very high potential upper limit.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
There are a lot of players, new and established, that have the talent to make this team better through their contributions on the field. Calvin Jr. is at the top of that list and could be on another level in terms of impact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, some serious Debbie downer stuff going on. He has played ONE season and some are giving up on him already :roll:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Procise plays a position that is generically fraught with injury risk. There's a reason RBs burn out by age 30 if they're blessed with luck re: Injuries.

He will almost assuredly get hurt sometime in the future. Like all RBs. It's likely to happen. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions in the next 4 years. Nor does it qualify what we should expect or be excited about in terms of that potential.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1nejnlo8 said:

I disagree.

Prosise was drafted to be a change of pace 3rd down dynamic back.............so the main reason he was hurt is he was thrust into a 20 carry a game every down back.

If either Rawls or Lacy can stay healthy so that Prosise can settle into that role, we should be good to go.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1u3c77y7 said:
Procise plays a position that is generically fraught with injury risk. There's a reason RBs burn out by age 30 if they're blessed with luck re: Injuries.

He will almost assuredly get hurt sometime in the future. Like all RBs. It's likely to happen. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions in the next 4 years. Nor does it qualify what we should expect or be excited about in terms of that potential.
Exactly ^; With all the head on collisions these guys go thru, it's a rarity to have one feature Back that DOESNT sustain an injury, that's why I believe in the "RB By Committee" approach, that way you're not exposing any one player to an ongoing and unnecessary pounding.