Seahawks v Raiders, 1984 Wild Card

sutz

Reaction score
Poor video quality, but hey it's Seahawks/Raiders!

Thanks for the link. :2thumbs:

King Dog

Reaction score
Dr Dan and David Hughes, the most feared tandem in the NFL :D

DT's spikes were so sweet. Krieg 2-4 and Plunkett 4-6 passing in the first half.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As a graphic designer, I get a kick out of seeing how primitive graphics were on NFL broadcasts back in the 70's/80's...Everything was so flat/two dimensional. Graphics programs were so primitive back then. Along with the camera technology, lol....

Love these visits back in time to when I was a little kid so enamored by my home team and its heroes. Thanks for posting.

PS...I miss those uniforms. Bring 'em back for retro games NFL/Paul!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A couple of things.....one, I like the way they set up things on the field noting players and their position and who they think the fans should look for in matchups. That is class all the way and I kinda wish they could bring that back. Simplification with class.

Second...Thank you for this.

P.S. This game and series happened when there was no internet, message boards, etc. I was overseas at the time and we did not get games except by radio sometimes.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!! LMAO @ the commercials but there were ONLY 3 during a break. The cars sucked back then but TV viewing rocked. WAY LESS advertising.
It would be super if we could play a game this year with these throwback unis on. Minus the Toucan Sam Hawk on the helmet and sleeve of course.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I watched the game on tv at the time and little did we know, that would be our last playoff win for 21 long years. It does make you appreciate our current run of success a little more. That was a fun, classic Hawk team though. Thanks for posting this.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Just hope the NFL does not take that down. They have better things to do before they take down stuff from the everyday person. They are a billion dollar industry. BTW, this was two years before I loved football. Thanks for posting.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1jndbvfh said:
...Minus the Toucan Sam Hawk on the helmet and sleeve of course.

YOU WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP RIGHT NOW!

:twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
It's the Totem Logo.

You all do know that the City of Seattle is named after Chief Seattle right.

Chief Seattle (c. 1786 – June 7, 1866) was a Suquamish Tribe (Suquamish) and Dkhw'Duw'Absh (Duwamish) chief. A prominent figure among his people, he pursued a path of accommodation to white settlers, forming a personal relationship with "Doc" Maynard.

Chief seattle

Chief Seattle 1855 - There is no quiet place in the white man's cities. No place to listen to the leaves of spring or the rustle of insect wings. But perhaps because I am a savage and do not understand the clatter only seems to insult the ears.

F40668d5048705bdfe94099ebef97521

OP
OP
K

kev007

Reaction score
Glad people enjoyed seeing that game, brought back some good memories :D

That '84 team was pretty exciting!

Kev

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Also via this game, I was curious about the Refs uniforms. So looked it up and found this tidbit. Link provided as well.

"For several decades, all NFL officials wore white hats. In 1979, the referees changed to black hats with white stripes, while the other officials continued to wear white ones. Finally, in 1988, the NFL switched to the high-school and college football style: the referee wears a white hat (which now includes the NFL logo, first added for Super Bowl XXXIX), and the other officials wear black hats with white stripes. This has led to referees being referred to as "white hats"."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_ ... n_football)

Josea16

Reaction score
Pl
Aros":1dfjiixa said:
As a graphic designer, I get a kick out of seeing how primitive graphics were on NFL broadcasts back in the 70's/80's...Everything was so flat/two dimensional. Graphics programs were so primitive back then. Along with the camera technology, lol....

Love these visits back in time to when I was a little kid so enamored by my home team and its heroes. Thanks for posting.

Please no , the team sucked and the uniforms sucked. Look l know I'm not seventy but come on I'm not dead. Since you're a graphic designer at least get serious with a guy in customer service ready to move cross country.
R

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Honestly all I can think about now is how awful Plymouth cars were.

It actually bothering me.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3o7vm0sk said:
It's the Totem Logo.

You all do know that the City of Seattle is named after Chief Seattle right.

Chief Seattle (c. 1786 – June 7, 1866) was a Suquamish Tribe (Suquamish) and Dkhw'Duw'Absh (Duwamish) chief. A prominent figure among his people, he pursued a path of accommodation to white settlers, forming a personal relationship with "Doc" Maynard.

Chief seattle

Chief Seattle 1855 - There is no quiet place in the white man's cities. No place to listen to the leaves of spring or the rustle of insect wings. But perhaps because I am a savage and do not understand the clatter only seems to insult the ears.

F40668d5048705bdfe94099ebef97521

No love for Chief Dan George??

A6bd83d7a88  native american prayers indian quotes

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":34hdxc30 said:
Pl
Aros":34hdxc30 said:

Please no , the team sucked and the uniforms sucked. Look l know I'm not seventy but come on I'm not dead. Since you're a graphic designer at least get serious with a guy in customer service ready to move cross country.
R

The team did not suck, they were the most successful expansion team ever, also the down time was related directly to Ken Behrings time as owner,

Uniforms were great and unique as well, Seahawk being a Totem and the colors were awesome especially in a pretty much conservative era for the NFL. I always had hoped for the tougher looking Seahawk emblem with that color scheme, like the current as well but would have liked to see that put together and actually used.