Seahawks are going to be in the mix.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i think this team is going to be great.

my prediction is that several of the defensive rookies will see playing time. the rookies will make some mistakes, but they'll be good the rest of the time.

with the rookies, and the veterans, this defense is loaded.

we're loaded at rb, plus prosise. a lot of guys who can get 4-5 yards and more, then prosise who can go the length of the field.

russell is looking to get back to form, and beyond.

it's gonna be a great season.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
At the risk of being called a homer by the cool kids I'm going to go ahead and drink the "O-line is finally coming together" cool aid, couple that to a healthy Russ/Jimmy connection ... sprinkle in some 'Lacy as the hammer our running game needs' and viola: we finally have an offense that properly compliments our still elite defense.

13-3, HFA & LII here we come!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't know if the OL is coming together at all. I just don't think it'll matter, because it never really does with this QB.

Championship!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I agree. This team is set up for a run. Hopefully the disfunction of the last few years is behind them and they have found the edge they used to play with. The run game should be better. The OL should be better. Russ lost some pounds and should be back to his Houdini ways. Receiving core is stacked. I'm really high on Mcdowell. In this environment he has the opportunity to turn into a 6-8 sack rookie. That would make the DL incredible. There is enough competition across from Sherm to find someone solid. Safety depth is much better than is has been with Mcdougald.

I'm pumped.

cymatica

Reaction score
I like the potential of the d-line and db depth. If the o-line can come together, this year will be better than 2013. If Prosise and Rawls can stay healthy for one season together then look out... Oh yeah Lacey.

So many what if's but on the positive side. Makes for an exciting year

northseahawk

Reaction score
The key for the superbowl year was the depth. This year we have more than that! If all the personal and selfish egos are limited this year and don't derail the team, nothing is going to stop this team from the superbowl!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The more I think about how we've replenished our depth in the secondary and defensive line, the more I understand the genius of the strategy. Young, hungry guys and the gutsy and determined comeback of Earl is going to rekindle the flame of the LOB. Same for the defensive line. Linebackers will be solid. Offense will get back to the reliable, if not methodical, steady methods it employed 3 or 4 years ago. We will be clutch and make our own breaks. HFA and feel good about making that short drive to the Cities.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
49ers and Rams aren't suddenly going to be 10+ win teams. Cardinals could be in the mix but I'm not really seeing it.

The division should go to the Hawks and that would mean at least the 4th seed. Once you're in the play-offs and relatively healthy, anything can happen.

Reaction score
I'm thinking 11-5 as we get our wheels underneath us with some of the new talent.

I am most excited about seeing our WR corps go to work, and to see the defensive packages we put together with all of this DB talent we've drafted and shifting Chancellor up more. I think the Seahawks will be hugely entertaining and exciting to watch on both sides of the ball, moreso than the last two seasons. September can't get here soon enough :snack:

NINEster

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1wxw99xr said:
49ers and Rams aren't suddenly going to be 10+ win teams. Cardinals could be in the mix but I'm not really seeing it.

The division should go to the Hawks and that would mean at least the 4th seed. Once you're in the play-offs and relatively healthy, anything can happen.

Shanahan and McVay are collaborating on how to get one win each against the Hawks.

Then the typical split with AZ.....figure 3-3 in the division this year.

mikehawks

Reaction score
10-6 would be my guess. Offensive line woes could cause the defense to be on the field to long, maybe something similar to last year. Injuries on defensive and a sluggish offense could mean not making it to the second round in the playoffs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
mikehawks":wq6f369u said:
10-6 would be my guess. Offensive line woes could cause the defense to be on the field to long, maybe something similar to last year. Injuries on defensive and a sluggish offense could mean not making it to the second round in the playoffs.

I agree with this. Key players coming back from injury, a terrible Oline, running backs with a history of injuries, etc,,,. 10-6 sounds realistic after looking at the schedule.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I think that the Seahawks are going to be more in the mix in 2017 - 2018 than they have been in years. In fact I think they will deliver a season performance like none other in the history of this franchise and will find themselves taking the field at the next Super Bowl.

Bold predictions? I don't think so. More based in reality than wishes. It's clear that the Seahawks are going to re-establish their running game this year. Get that done successfully and everything else the Seahawks do offensively falls into place.

We have a real deal offensive line to be reconned with coming into 2017. In spite of all the negativity and pessimism lodged against them and the offensive coaching staff of the Seahawks in 2016. The offensive line really started to take form in the last half of the season, and during the off season it was clear that the coaching staff was determined to bring this offense full circle this season.

Everyone on the offensive roster is expected to be at 100% by the 2017 Pre-Season opener. This offense is loaded up with some of the greatest talents in the history of the NFL. I just don't see anything standing in our way this year, with the exceptions of the unknown.

Last year we were plagued with injuries, and I stated then and state now that the majority of the injuries, and the types of injuries that were sustained by our players, were as a direct result of the changed injury prevention conditioning team who's program was introduced to the Seahawk players last year. I was baffled and concerned from the onset, when I saw players putting on weight and focusing on muscle building involving weights.

Injury reduction comes as a result of increased flexibility in range of motion. Isometrics are an accepted and trusted approach to injury prevention conditioning, which was the philosophy and approach of the Seahawks former trainer.

What we saw develop over the course of last season, with the newly hired injury prevention trainers, that were committed to building muscle mass through weight lifting, and increasing individual body weight through diet modifications, which only slows the player down and restricts instead of enhancing their range of motion and flexibility, which, in my humble opinion, only went to create a scenario for bone breakage and joint injuries.

I haven't heard if they made a change in this department for the 2017 season, but based upon results alone in 2016, I would hope that the stats alone would warrant a new approach. I did take notice in a press conference recently that Russell Wilson was looking much like the Russell of old, he had dumped a bunch of the weight that they put on him last year, I'm hoping that many if not all of the other players follow suite.

Barring a rash of avoidable injuries, I think that the 2017 Seahawks are headed for another Super Bowl shootout by seasons end. I didn't comment a whole bunch on the state of our defense, because they are already great and only going to be better in 2017 than in any other season before. We have all our key players back, healthy and ready to play, and have added some great talent to this line up in the off-season as well.

As usual I've delivered a long winded post, I'm all worked up and excited about seeing this season get underway, and to see the Seahawks reestablish and reclaim their rightful place as 2017-2018 Super Bowl Champions.

Go Seahawks !!!