Vicious Kam Chancellor hit still haunts Vernon Davis

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
There were two of those hits, and they ruined Davis for like three seasons. I was starting to feel bad for him, lmao. He was the next big thing at te, then he wasn't. But, he is kind of bouncing back with the skins. Btw, the feeling sorry for him part was a joke.

Canhawks

Reaction score
I still say it was a clean hit,don't know why a flag was thrown.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Canhawks":2pfsrflq said:

Flag thrown I didn't like, but a mistake I could understand. If I remember correctly, Kam was also fined which was unnaceptable.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3as2moz3 said:
Canhawks":3as2moz3 said:

Flag thrown I didn't like, but a mistake I could understand. If I remember correctly, Kam was also fined which was unnaceptable.

No he was not fined.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1aqlng10 said:
Canhawks":1aqlng10 said:

As I recall the league said it was a clean hit and no flag should have been thrown so they didnt fine him.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Lol, look closely at the water coming off VD's helmet. Kam hit him so hard it left a water silhouette where his head was.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
50 years from now when folks are putting together a Seahawks franchise highlight reel, that play will be there.

Next to the Beastquake run, this play was a launching pad that put the entire league on notice. Incredible hit.

And the greatest part of it, karma was on our side. That same drive after SF got those free 15 yards, Red Bryant blocked their field goal and Sherman returned it to the house. Incredible moment

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":oxa4degh said:
There were two of those hits, and they ruined Davis for like three seasons.

IMO it was a great, great hit and a perfectly legal one, but the argument that it did in Davis' career has always been an incredibly silly one.

The season after that hit he put up the highest TD total of his career (13), the third highest yardage total of his career (850), and the lowest drop rate of his career. So much for the hit that ended his effectiveness theory.

After that next year he dramatically declined due to what many believed was a disinterest in football.

sdog1981

Reaction score
That hit in 2012 told the who league the Seahawks were the bullies and a price would be paid every time you played them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Weird comment coming from a 9ers fan, but even when that happened my first thought was "you finally got what you've deserved, Vern."

That guy spent his whole career giving up YAC by unnecessarily jumping and slowing his forward momentum, and that he was going going to get his clock cleaned eventually for doing it was inevitable.

I mean, dude, you're leaving your feet so that you can be high enough to catch a pass down below your waist. Go ahead and take what you deserve for that, man.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
T-Hawk":11rnnlhi said:
Lol, look closely at the water coming off VD's helmet. Kam hit him so hard it left a water silhouette where his head was.

That's not water, it's Davis being knocked out of the current space time continuum.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Canhawks":8bhe6vv7 said:

The hit, as pictured, happened right in front of my seats and the penalty flag was reactive by the referees as the hit was a genuine slobberknocker. It was when viewed in slo-mo a clean hard hit and the TV announcers even thought it was clean, something we rarely get from Fox crews ( watched the game again afterwards at home. The flag should have been picked up as the team was later told by the league the referees made a mistake on the call and the hit was hard but completely legal. The apparent suspected issue was helmet to helmet contact. 49er WRs and TEs had alligator arms in the backfield after that when Kam was around.

That hit stole Davis' soul, and he was invisible against Seattle after that. He's never lived up to his potential as #1 TE, he is very physically talented however..