Gil Brandt's all-time rankings for safety and corners

sdog1981

Reaction score
When it comes to Gil Brandt's lists, it seems like he just names 30 good players from one position group and the rankings don't really make sense.

Seymour

Reaction score
After seeing his last couple of "list blunders", I'd say.....Dude, just retire already.

Not reading another oh, I forgot him list.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Eric Berry ahead of ET??????? and THAT far ahead????

Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott not being 1 2 ?????

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Gil can go pound sand.
"Blunder" is a complete understatement.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3pdpz0qz said:
When it comes to Gil Brandt's lists, it seems like he just names 30 good players from one position group and the rankings don't really make sense.

Absolutely agree here and Malcom Butler making the list for 1 play in his career invalidates anything Gil Brandt does, did, will do, or even his existence. :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":2jwazvne said:
Yep.
The way he compiles his list I'm surprised he remembered Mr. Easley.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No Adrian Wilson? Eric Weddle couldn't carry Adrian Wilson's jock!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3ifcl2qs said:
Eric Berry ahead of ET??????? and THAT far ahead????

Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott not being 1 2 ?????

I thought that was a reach too. Berry is good, but come on. Is he really Top 10 all time?

I don't know why I read these lists, they just make me angry. Malcolm Butler one of the best CBs of all time? He is famous for one big play. He's been selected to 1 Pro Bowl. Might as well put Marcus Trufant on there.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":4sox8gv7 said:
brimsalabim":4sox8gv7 said:
No Adrian Wilson? Eric Weddle couldn't carry Adrian Wilson's jock!

Disagree about Weddle. Dude's a beast.

Adrian Wilson is one of six players in NFL history to record at least 25 int's (27) and 25 sacks. (25.5)

Adrian Wilson still holds the NFL record for most sacks in a season by a defensive back, going for 8 in 2005.

Adrian Wilson is tied for the record for the longest int return (99 yards)

Still holds the cardinal record for passes defensed (95) and most forced fumbles (15)

508 interception return yards, eight fumble recoveries, and 4 touch downs.

5 pro bowls, 1 first team All Pro 3 second team All Pro selections.

if Wilson's numbers are compared during the seasons he actually played -- 2001-12 -- then Wilson was the best safety in football. He was cut by Arizona in March 2013, signed with the New England Patriots and then missed the whole season with a torn Achilles before his release. The Chicago Bears signed Wilson in June 2014, released him during cuts and he sat out last season. During his actual 12-year career, Wilson led all strong safeties in tackles and sacks, was second in interceptions, fourth in forced fumbles and still fifth in recovered fumbles, while he tied for second in defensive touchdowns.

Wilson played in five Pro Bowls, was a four-time All-Pro, played in a Super Bowl and is one of six players in NFL history to have at least 25 interceptions and 25 sacks.

now...that's what I call a beast...