Avril calls divided locker room reports "FAKE NEWS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Most of us knew this was the case. Just the sports media (local and national) trying to stir shit up as a lot of us were saying all along.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Let's avoid political innuendos from here out please

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2dl8kr01 said:

But I had a fancy quip about President Buchanan during the Panic of 1857.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1hv155d4 said:
Uncle Si":1hv155d4 said:

My 12th favorite President, 3rd favorite Panic (behind the Panic of 1837 and Panic at the Disco)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Uncle Si":1a7w5gur said:
bmorepunk":1a7w5gur said:
Uncle Si":1a7w5gur said:

My 12th favorite President, 3rd favorite Panic (behind the Panic of 1837 and Panic at the Disco)

3514482+_ab5c8a65306f6b77774c1820616065fe.jpg

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This story was dubious to begin with but gains this ESPN hack even more clicks for nonsense journalism.

Avril, Bennett, Wilson, Sherman, Pete have all checked in on this. The team leaders have spoken and yet any commentary about this BS goes national as controversy and sensationalism sells clicks. Trying to bring down the Seahawks has been a national pastime by a few mediots, it hasn't worked so far.

In the end denial of the story somehow unfortunately adds a tinge of legitimacy to a story that was unconfirmed by any player including the ones at the heart of it.

I'm rather sure all the core of the team are fed up with this, however it has been the story of the off season.

In the end it may pull the team together on an us vs. way

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If some media asshole doesn't like or agree with a statement that's been made by a player (Sherman), they have the "Free Press" ability to rake their asses over the coals, and there's really nothing that they can do about it.
LOL, Some times it's not prudent to voice an opinion, or air your angst over a microphone, eh Sherman?
By the same token, not everything that's been printed, or spoken is always a LIE, nor is it always the TRUTH, it just comes down to ETHICS, and CREDIBILITY of a Media Writer.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":z9tpjyz9 said:
bmorepunk":z9tpjyz9 said:
Uncle Si":z9tpjyz9 said:

He couldn't of held Millard Fillmore's jockstrap. But those weren't invented yet.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":21jjf90l said:
Uncle Si":21jjf90l said:
bmorepunk":21jjf90l said:
Uncle Si":21jjf90l said:

He couldn't of held Millard Fillmore's jockstrap. But those weren't invented yet.
This is correct. Buchanan died in 68, which is 6 years prior to the production of the first athletic supporter. While Fillmore died the same year the first athletic supporters were produced, it's unlikely he would have had one due to his age at the time, and the timing of his death versus the date within 1874 that the supporters were first produced.

Having said that, the mass production of the athletic supporter wouldn't have happened out of nowhere - generally there's something that people use for a period of time before it becomes mass-produced and generally adopted, typically a D.I.Y. solution. Still, I find that to be unlikely in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.