13-3 - 10-6

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems to be the barometer this year. 13-3 if there's no major shocks/injuries and everything goes our way, 10-6 if there's the typical oops and ah craps along the way. Schedule looks favorable (of course that can change once the teams establish who they are this season), and we are still most definitely championship-caliber. LOB is getting grey around the edges as are some other vets on the team but we have a good mix of seasoned pro-bowl/all pro vets with some very intriguing youngsters that could make some noise.

I don't think Pete's message has fallen on deaf ears. Sure, the vets may not resonate with it quite as much as they did earlier in their careers but I guarantee you every single player is still tapping the "ALL IN" sign on the way to practice and every one of them has nothing but respect for Pete.

I'm going with 12-4. Feels about right. Obviously with the assumption no major catastrophes. If not first, second seed. Green Bay is going to be a pain and Dallas likely will as well. Atlanta? Yeah, they will be in the mix. And don't write off Carolina just yet.

Buckle up kiddies. Another fun season ahead.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And don't forget the Giants...I almost did.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":g5xfd5cy said:
Seems to be the barometer this year. 13-3 if there's no major shocks/injuries and everything goes our way, 10-6 if there's the typical oops and ah craps along the way. Schedule looks favorable (of course that can change once the teams establish who they are this season), and we are still most definitely championship-caliber. LOB is getting grey around the edges as are some other vets on the team but we have a good mix of seasoned pro-bowl/all pro vets with some very intriguing youngsters that could make some noise.

I don't think Pete's message has fallen on deaf ears. Sure, the vets may not resonate with it quite as much as they did earlier in their careers but I guarantee you every single player is still tapping the "ALL IN" sign on the way to practice and every one of them has nothing but respect for Pete.

I'm going with 12-4. Feels about right. Obviously with the assumption no major catastrophes. If not first, second seed. Green Bay is going to be a pain and Dallas likely will as well. Atlanta? Yeah, they will be in the mix. And don't write off Carolina just yet.

Buckle up kiddies. Another fun season ahead.

I'm with you on the win total. The schedule is just perfect.

Don't face an elite pass rush until week 5. Gives Cable his 5-week window for the line to gel.

No back to back road games.

One 10 am road game and it is against a team that has won 11 games in 3 seasons.

A mini bye week following the Thursday night road game. No games from November 10th to the 20th.

Green Bay is always weakest at the beginning of the season and the Seahawks get to play them in week one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

QB that is starting to get happy feet

8-8 and a wake up call to John and Pete. if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sdog1981":262za3ff said:
I'm with you on the win total. The schedule is just perfect.

Don't face an elite pass rush until week 5. Gives Cable his 5-week window for the line to gel.

No back to back road games.

One 10 am road game and it is against a team that has won 11 games in 3 seasons.

A mini bye week following the Thursday night road game. No games from November 10th to the 20th.

Green Bay is always weakest at the beginning of the season and the Seahawks get to play them in week one.

Isn't the post Thursday night mini-bye technically true for all Thursday games? So doesn't it pretty much apply to every team? I think being the road team for a Thursday game is a big negative (for that week, anyway).

Also, I'd prefer Green Bay the second or third week of the season as I think the first week can still have a bit of juice/weird stuff. That said, would definitely prefer the first week to the last week.

All of that said, I think this will be a good season and I'm thinking a Super Bowl win at the end of it will help wash out the feeling of the last Super Bowl experience.

sdog1981

Reaction score
HawkGA":vq4x5xex said:
Isn't the post Thursday night mini-bye technically true for all Thursday games? So doesn't it pretty much apply to every team? I think being the road team for a Thursday game is a big negative (for that week, anyway).

This one is a little unique because they go Thursday night to Monday night. Most teams play that following Sunday, so the Seahawks get one extra day no other team gets.

Seymour

Reaction score
8-8????

That has to be crack pipe material doesn't it?

Worst case scenario I don't go that low myself, but I avoid record predictions in general anyway.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":3xjb0pib said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

8-8 and a wake up call to John and Pete. if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

Were just turning the cylinder one shot at a time.

Oh and I did not say the B word either.

LOL thanks for the laugh I needed that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":38t660ki said:
8-8????

That has to be crack pipe material doesn't it?

Worst case scenario I don't go that low myself, but I avoid record predictions in general anyway.
Definitely a crack yanker.
I'll say it for you .. 12-4 rs and at the minimum conference champinship round.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
sdog1981":3jzyjpa3 said:

Green Bay weak early in the season? How about the Hawks? We stink early on!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":fo0obo8i said:
sdog1981":fo0obo8i said:

Green Bay weak early in the season? How about the Hawks? We stink early on!!

Then the teams are even.

chris98251

Reaction score
WHILE ALL OF YOU FIND IT FUN TO ATTACK THE POSTER the reading comprehension factor is amusing.

if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

But I guess some get a pass when it comes to attacking people.

As far as Crack, would never touch the stuff, if your going to do something like that Cocaine.

Were as I was using the Russian Roulette Gif now gambling on and aging players and situations O line, unproven or returning from injury RB's like lack of take aways, if any collapse or prove themselves problematic I think we see a domino effect happen.

But hey if I am not a happy, happy, joy, joy, Lemming then I am using drugs.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Can someone remind me what Vegas has us at for an over-under win-total prop? I'm thinking 11 or 12.

So there you go Chris, play the under at 8 and win yourself some cash.

I just find it reassuring to be optimistic this season. Of course we can't afford a prolonged injury to Russ. You never weigh that factor in when making preseason predictions. Yes, we are all waiting for our O line to click, and that will be a massive ingredient to determining our fate, but they seem to have a plan in place and good depth to sort it all out, so why not us? It actually feels good to scoff at an 8-8 prediction. Just a handful of fan bases of teams around the NFC can make that claim.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":lkobzdnv said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

I'm having a hard time taking this post seriously.

1. Infusion of top young talent on defense, a rookie that will be starting sooner then later at RCB and a complete upgrade of special teams.

2. OL not ridiculously green with some veterans with something to prove that have had success at this level.

3. Lacy, he is durable unlike Procise and Rawls. Dude was OROY on a pass-centric team for god sake and was putting up serious numbers last year before getting injured. On a pass-centric team. Now he like Rawls are playing for their careers both at least 5 years of top level production left?

4. Wilson is fine if he has a decent run game and doesn't have multiple injuries that would bench most quarterbacks yet he still performed over league average.

12-4 seems fair considering the division and schedule.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":15ymsnq8 said:
WHILE ALL OF YOU FIND IT FUN TO ATTACK THE POSTER the reading comprehension factor is amusing.

if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

As far as Crack, would never touch the stuff, if your going to do something like that Cocaine.

Were as I was using the Russian Roulette Gif now gambling on and aging players and situations O line, unproven or returning from injury RB's like lack of take aways, if any collapse or prove themselves problematic I think we see a domino effect happen.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I think the defense will be back with Earl coming back. It will be good enough that's for sure, and if our DL additions gel, we could be 2013 again.

OL worries me a bit. We've added some veterans so we won't be like last year, but they're just not all that good. I think the OL will be better just from added experience. How much better is debatable.

I'm going with 11-6 until I see what the OL can do. It's what sunk us last year, that and an injury to Earl. Of course, this is the pre training camp prediction edition. .

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2n98if7n said:

Not a comprehension issue, it was the way it was written. That line was well after your prediction (and other reasons), and was followed by a gun to the head pic that made it look like THAT was the Russell getting hurt outcome...not your prediction.
Also. "Doesn't it????" is not an attack, it's a question. And it was a joke anyway.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Tough games:

@ GB
ATL
@ DAL

Should win one. Might win two. Conservatively go with 2 losses here

Division games:

4-2. Really it's more likely to be 3-3. That's the historical baseline. But go with 2 losses.

Other seven games. Probably going to lose one or two here. Happens every year. Toughest contests in this group:

@ Tenn
@ NYG
WAS
PHI
HOU

For me, baseline is 10-6. To exceed that, we'd need to win two of the three toughest matchups. And then really hold serve on a lot of the other non divisional games. Division games are always such a crap shoot. 12-4 seems like the top end of the expectation spectrum for me.

If Arizona has a death throes effort from it's aging QB -- it could be really tough to make 4-2 in division. But if he doesn't, and Goff is equally as crappy as he's shown to be thus far -- 5-1 is also a very possible outlook. Thing is though, that we've played plenty of games against bad QB division rivals and have lost. And plenty of wins where we were literally one missed play by our rivals from defeat. So bad QB play doesn't really give me much comfort in those games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If they avoid major injury again, I think they contend for the top seed in the conference. If not .. 9/10 win area seems likely with a 3 or 4 seed from winning the division.