Fuel for Motivation...The Last Ride for the LOB

LegendKiller

Reaction score
This will be a pretty big season for us. We loaded up on defense and depth in the draft. The coaches are well aware of the o-line issues. Coaches have acknowledged that Jimmy Graham needs to be used more in the redzone. We signed Lacy in an effort to regain our identity as a run based offense.

But...

This is Chancellor's last season under contract. Sherman could be traded. Graham could be on his way out as well.

I've noticed a change in this team's attitude this offseason. It could be all the media drama about the "dissension" in the locker room. It could be that the players have accepted that a lot could change with this team after this season. But reading about the team and following all of their social media posts, I see that a lot of players are putting in a lot of extra hard work in preparing for this season. They seem more motivated and I think a lot of what I just mentioned is serving as fuel to the fire.

THEY HAVE TO MOVE ON and it seems that all the nonsense the media has put out has motivated them. This could be the last ride for the LOB, but I have a good feeling about this season guys. These guys are putting in the work and I think we will see a team that's more motivated, more angry and got more to prove as "experts" continue to emphasize that their Super Bowl window is closing.

Here's to another ring. Go Hawks.

Davidess

Reaction score
Seems like at the end of the previous couple years its been the same thing "We don't want to go through that again"

It was nice after the 2012 playoffs when RW said they'd be back and we went back and won the SB

I think this team wont get better till they let go of some past mistakes (e.g SB 49) that one lingered with the team even last season (as we all saw)

This team is great but they let things get in there way from time to time.

I don't think I have as much confidence in the Oline as some but I do look forward to being surprised. The nice thing about being a fan is I come into every year excited to watch them. I caught myself watching old games (SNF v.s Carolina and vs GB,SC NFCCG) today that I DVR'd over the last couple years. I do tend to temper my expectations though when it comes to the offense. I seem to have a negative spin on some positions

Justin Britt- hes had 1 good season at C. So again I am tempering my expectations.
George Fant- I like the kid and he has added bulk so now it will be interesting to see how it affects him
Germaine Ifedi- did not have a good year at OG and now is moving to RT which is putting him on an island. I know he played RT in college but still.

I am hoping for a good year this year. GO HAWKS!