Seahawks add Lemuel Jeanpierre to staff

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maybe he will be better at coaching than playing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That is an awesome signing! Dude is super smart, and knows how to communicate with the young players because he is "Locker Room" familiar with them.

Lemuel knows more about the returning group than anyone I'll bet. I think this is going to be a fantastic signing in the long run. :mrgreen:

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":17nm4zzh said:
He was a DT until his 3rd year at South Carolina and developed into an above-replacement-level backup and part-time starter at all 3 interior OL positions over a 6 year career as a UDFA for a Super Bowl-winning franchise. I'd say his playing career needs no apologies.

olyfan63

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":yyv7korp said:
IndyHawk":yyv7korp said:
He was a DT until his 3rd year at South Carolina and developed into an above-replacement-level backup and part-time starter at all 3 interior OL positions over a 6 year career as a UDFA for a Super Bowl-winning franchise. I'd say his playing career needs no apologies.

That's "Super Bowl Champion Lemuel JeanPierre" to you, Mr. Indy and Mr. Stache.
(I'm sure you both secretly love Lem as much as I do)

Mostly what I remember about Lem is that it seemed like at least TWO seasons (and maybe 3), including the 2013 SB48 season, LJP was pulled back in off the street, midseason, and bailed us out of a dumpster fire at Center after injuries and failures. It seemed that just having him on the team elevated the Center position above the dumpster fire level, whether he was playing or not.

So while I don't claim to be privy to Lem's peer-coaching prowess, helping other players like Patrick Lewis come up to speed at Center, clearly he made the right coach-material impression on Pete (and Tom, I would think) during his time with Seattle. Pete, in my book, is an absolute *World Class* coach, so if Lem made that kind of impression on Pete as a potential coach, this can only be a GREAT thing for our OL.

I suppose the way we'll know Lem is doing a bang-up job as a coach isn't from media interviews or even Pete's pressers, but IF/when, halfway through the season, we all collectively go, "Hey, WTF, our OL isn't *sucking* this year. They're actually playing like a passable NFL line. WTH is up with that??!! Did Cable suddenly improve his coaching or talent evaluation or something?? I like it!!!"

Love this addition to our coaching staff!! :)