Kam Chancellor/ Seahawks agree to 3 year extension

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
$25m guaranteed. Seems like a lot. Interesting to see how this will affect the upcoming Earl & Sherm extensions. Also could mean the end of Jimmy or Britt.

Had to be done though.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2wkywqto said:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/seahawks-kam-chancellor-reach-year-extension/story?id=48967634

3 years, $36 million.

Thoughts to locking up The Enforcer for 3 more years?

My thought is I hope year 3 is a bit back loaded and we have a way out. Tough to speculate without seeing the verbiage.

That said, congrats to Kam, and stay healthy please. :2thumbs:

LolaRox

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/892394245881036800[/tweet]

It will interesting to see the actual numbers. I do think it needed to get done. Kam is one of the leaders on this team and you don't want to go into the season with noise about his contract hanging out there.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it's nice to wake up to some good news.

:2thumbs:

drcool

Reaction score
Love it. We need Kam in there and even if his on-field performance might not match his salary in a couple years his presence on the team is invaluable.

On another note right before I saw this news I had changed my PW on my computer to something Chancellor related.

Rat

Reaction score
It may be unlike me, but I don't feel like speculating whether this is actually a smart decision or not. All I know is that he's the funnest guy on our defense to watch, and I'm excited that he will be a Seahawk for an additional three years!

GLio14

Reaction score
Let's gooooooo!!!! Love this move! He's the leader and he needed to be kept.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely love Kam and what he brings to this defense, but I have reservations about the amount of guaranteed money. Even with those doubts, I'm still glad the deal is done and he's not going anywhere

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hope this contract is structured in a way to be able to free up some cap money this year to possibly extend Jimmy G..

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Nice move by PC and JS.

With the way the NFL is heading, defenses will have 3 safeties on the field more often than not and Chancellor will be playing that hybrid role. The good thing about Chancellor's skill set is that if his speed does fall off and can not handle the safety position as well that he can be moved to the linebacker unit.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I was in the 'let him play it out' camp.

Will have to see what the contract details are, I guess. From what is being reported so far, I think it was too much of an investment.

Gio

Reaction score
i love that we kept Kam , but too much money...

sutz

Reaction score
Just make sure we get ET some shinguards. :twisted:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
When Kam went down last year, people held vigils and micro-analyzed injury reports waiting to see him get back on the field. That tells me that most people still understand his value. He can be a good-not-great-but-almost vet in the mold of Ray Lewis, and I trust his character to stay at that level of play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Great news, especially if it's frontloaded so that we can get out from under it in 2 years if Kam can't stay healthy and Hill is ready to go.

We've found out over the past couple of years that there is no right answer as to who's more important at the safety position, Earl or Kam........because any time either has gone out it's been a disaster. They're both important. So great to see this is done before the season starts.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Reshad Jones signed for 4 years at 48 Mil with 33 Mil Guaranteed. That is the market and the comparable - so I would say it is a team friendly deal.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I find it especially gratifying that the team didn't buckle to Kam's selfish holdout 2 years ago and renegotiate before his contract year. The message has been sent to the team in more than one case that management won't be held hostage by any one player. Good for John and Pete, in order to maintain success in this league you have to remain true to your program and the salary cap. I love me some Bam Bam, but not at the expense of our roster in 2-4 years.