Richardson running as the #2

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's early but reports from camp are Richardson is running ahead of Kearse in camp as the #2. I'm personally a fan of this move and after his late season run he's earned it in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how this plays out when Lockett is running 100% and I'm assuming he returns as the 2.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":39vwenkg said:
It's early but reports from camp are Richardson is running ahead of Kearse in camp as the #2. I'm personally a fan of this move and after his late season run he's earned it in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how this plays out when Lockett is running 100% and I'm assuming he returns as the 2.

Not only am I a fan....but a big one of this move!

Airboat jpg

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome! He was lights out the end of last season. We just need him to stay healthy

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Never been a talent issue for Richardson. Just an "availability" problem. Heres to health!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
What kind of a downfield blocker is Richardson as that is Kearse's best attribute. Catching the ball and running routes, we all know who is the better talent is. Duh.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Man, I'd love Richardson to stay healthy and be a primary target.

Baldwin and Lockett are receivers that benefit from spending a lot of time in the slot. The labels #1, #2, #3 don't really mean what they used to, especially now that they have a tight end that flanks wide on occasion.

mikeak

Reaction score
Great but what took so long. He was available last season and not put on the field enough. Every time he went out there he produced

So keep saying compete compete compete and not giving the job to the best guy rings a bit false in my head.

Better late than never - love what he has shown

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":14jq66l5 said:
Great but what took so long. He was available last season and not put on the field enough. Every time he went out there he produced

So keep saying compete compete compete and not giving the job to the best guy rings a bit false in my head.

Better late than never - love what he has shown

Agree.
Kearse got paid, and IMO that played into the decision to beat the dead horse all season.

Beatingthedeadhorse

Mick063

Reaction score
Kearse has been a terrific player for Seattle. Some big catches in some big games.

I'll go with what the coaching staff decides. If someone nudges him off the roster then so be it. Regardless, I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Kearse to get cut loose and I'm certainly not going to second guess the coaching staff when he gets 20+ snaps in week one.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Richardson is about to play himself of the team this year. 60 catches 900yds 8tds will get him 8+mil per year somewhere else next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3oayffsl said:
Richardson is about to play himself of the team this year. 60 catches 900yds 8tds will get him 8+mil per year somewhere else next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

...but we will still have Curse...

mikeak

Reaction score
Mick063":yy6qvysq said:
Kearse has been a terrific player for Seattle. Some big catches in some big games.

I'll go with what the coaching staff decides. If someone nudges him off the roster then so be it. Regardless, I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Kearse to get cut loose and I'm certainly not going to second guess the coaching staff when he gets 20+ snaps in week one.

This logic could be used to close just about every thread in this forum....

A top WR in this league doesn't just make a few catches per season. They are reliable game in and out. If they play a great game we don't need a miracle against GB for example....

Richardson has been better when on the field. Kearse is a better run blocker and we want to run. That is why he is on the field

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":19qkknrl said:
What kind of a downfield blocker is Richardson as that is Kearse's best attribute. Catching the ball and running routes, we all know who is the better talent is. Duh.
We have someone who understands why Pete covets WR's like Kearse. It is his downfield blocking. These are the things big run plays emerge from.
We are a run 1st team.
I wouldn't write Kearse off just yet...

Latest posts