If Graham has a monster season, do we resign him?

Seymour

Reaction score
A lot of chatter that this is the year for Graham. He looks great in practice, faster, and some claim unstoppable at times. Year 1 he was adjusting to new team and role, year 2 recovering from injury, now we see what "could be" the future.

The obvious problem is we spread the ball around, and often completely "forget we have him" (the B word)...(or so it appears). His red zone numbers are a disappointment, but he also helps draw coverage to clear things for other guys.

Going to tough to keep him, and tougher to see him go if his busts out. Also I should note that is he does have a monster season, he likely will price himself out of Seattle if they wait till seasons end.

Thoughts?

"PLAY OF THE DAY: Jimmy Graham leaped between two defenders near the right hash marks, tipped Russell Wilson’s high and wide pass to himself, then pulled the ball into the crook of his right arm with one hand. He completed the eye-popping reception by turning away from his coverage men without being touched and ran to the end zone. His teammates on offense roared almost as loudly as the sun-splashed crowd on the berm a couple dozen yards away."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article164875092.html

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You don't let go of a top 5, HOF, tight end. You figure out a way to pay for him.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2jz52vs7 said:
You don't let go of a top 5, HOF, tight end. You figure out a way to pay for him.

AND, you figure out a way to not have to use him as a blocker 85% of the time.

Throw it up and let Jimmy catch it, SIMPLE.

Resign him for sure, just don't go ape shit crazy.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1qf5bme2 said:

Good point. I suppose one might add "unless you are the Saints"?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If they have the cap space, they should re sign him, assuming they have the intention of actually utilizing him in the red zone

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":17ocq6tq said:
If they have the cap space, they should re sign him, assuming they have the intention of actually utilizing him in the red zone

Depending on how things go, Kearse may donate $5M to the cap to help the cause. :twisted:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Graham looks incredible at camp.

Stop using him as a blocker. He's a world-class receiver.

Hoping he has a monster season.

Optimus25

Reaction score
semiahmoo":31p3fr7m said:

i swear in the red zone we only lined him up in one area and then motioned him out the other way 1 time. Drew 1 on 1 coverage and a TD.

Also i'll never forget that our first drive of the season in 2015, at the rams, we did something similar where we motioned Jimmy across the formation and slammed a quick out for about 8 yards and a first down. likewise, in 2015, i literally don't remember a similar concept again. The whole season.

I don't watch the pats often but it seems every time i do they find a way to iso Gronk with motion sets.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2l7x3ajy said:
Just tag him as a TE. Job done...

As cost effective as this could be, he'd probably take Schneider to Judge Judy the way he was complaining when they did this to him in NO

Arlo

Reaction score
I don't see why not. He basically racked up a thousand yards right after knee surgery my guess is yeah for a cheaper price of course. He can still run he's on the verge of busting out.

Arlo

Reaction score
But I heard he really likes flying around the puget sound area in his helicopter.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Optimus25":moz584gb said:
semiahmoo":moz584gb said:

i swear in the red zone we only lined him up in one area and then motioned him out the other way 1 time. Drew 1 on 1 coverage and a TD.

Also i'll never forget that our first drive of the season in 2015, at the rams, we did something similar where we motioned Jimmy across the formation and slammed a quick out for about 8 yards and a first down. likewise, in 2015, i literally don't remember a similar concept again. The whole season.

I don't watch the pats often but it seems every time i do they find a way to iso Gronk with motion sets.

Sad but true.

This team needs to finally figure out how to fully utilize Graham. Could be the difference between an average offense and one that could make a legit run into the playoffs.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL....found this searching for his airplane pic.

PERFECT for our topic.

65755716.jpg

semiahmoo

Reaction score
I actually think in the right offense Graham is superior to Gronk.

Gronk gets the edge for pure power, but Graham is actually far more athletic and a tougher matchup IMO.

C'mon Hawks - figure it out!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seymour":2doun0l3 said:
bigskydoc":2doun0l3 said:

Good point. I suppose one might add "unless you are the Saints"?

And we see where that got them

northseahawk

Reaction score
I was at the training camp practice yesterday and JG seemed like a man amongst boys. Totally unstoppable. How is this guy not thrown the ball every other play!!