Besides OL... What concerns you the most about the Seahawks?

Besides OL... What concerns you the most about the Seahawks?

• Blair Walsh

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Corner starting opposite Sherman

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Locker room camaraderie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • The running game

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • The offensive coordinator

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Malik McDowell injury

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Tyler Lockett/Earl Thomas injury recovery

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Other - see thread

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We all have varying degrees of worry regarding the offensive line, and for good reason. So no need to beat that horse to an even bloodier pulp.

So - BESIDES the offensive line, what concerns you the most about the 2017 Seattle Seahawks?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I would say Blair Walsh for the polling purposes, but honestly, the entirety of special teams hasn't been up to par recently. A few years ago, I thought they were an elite unit. The last two seasons have seen a steady decline. Ryan is one of a handful of special teamers that haven't let me down.

Seymour

Reaction score
Walsh because of red zone issues....and his issues.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Walsh and the kicking game. The kicking game cost maybe 2 games last year and if it declines any further it will be disastrous unless the offense scores more TD.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
O.K. i voted for/against Bevell,can i vote again for/against Blair Walsh,please ???

GeekHawk

Reaction score
daveyoung52":2lj24y7b said:
O.K. i voted for/against Bevell,can i vote again for/against Blair Walsh,please ???

It's kind of "6 of one, half a dozen of the other". One of them being half-decent will cover for the other one. Sadly, I gave up on bevel a long time ago so I voted for/against Walsh. He needs to be good enough to cover up for bevel.

RW92

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1deoz8we said:
Other - our defense not forcing turnovers like they used to.

I totally agree. I think our OL will be much improved. But without a pass rush to hit, sack, and pressure the Quarterback,
those turnovers will be far and few between.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
pass rush

can we force qb's like tb/ar/mr off the spot
if we can do that we'll be in the mix at the end of the season

northseahawk

Reaction score
The backup QB is a weak spot. They are betting on RW staying healthy all season i guess.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The lack of talent on the offensive line has overshadowed the play calling since we traded away Max Unger. The play calling's lack of physicality in formation & choice of blockers, focus on trickery instead of playing to strengths, inconsistent commitment to the running game, missing killer instinct in the red zone, poor read of in-game circumstances, and using individual plays to buttress the offensive coordinator's fragile ego will likely continue to be problems for the offense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
How about the dumbing down of certain sectors of our fanbase? Give 'em a Madden playbook and they think they know it all. I kind of pity those fools.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
What concerns me the most is the run game. Not because of our backs or our OL.
Run the ball and we will win. Cant run the ball and we will lose.
It's very simple.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
So far, Blair Walsh is 10 for 10 on FGs during training camp scrimmages.
:snack:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
OC. Team needs to score more in the red zone.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Other. The overhyped offensive line coach that thinks he can make rotting garbage into a pro bowl offensive lineman (no player specified in that description, just a general reference to the overall quality).

scrummymustard

Reaction score
I voted for the Bevell option, but with a caveat. He's fine until we get in the Red Zone. It was tough to watch last year.

Even with our disastrous Oline play last year, if we are just marginally better in the red zone, we lock down the #2 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

We were 25th in RZ scoring percentage with Graham and Baldwin, this team should be in the top 10 automatically. It is astounding. Warren Sharps' 2017 football preview identified a glaring problem. In 71 red zone plays run inside the 10 yard line in 2016, Graham received ONLY 4 targets. Our best weapon in the RZ, and top 5 in the entire NFL is getting only 5.6% of plays going his way inside the 10. It's criminal.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3i5o4qhj said:
So far, Blair Walsh is 10 for 10 on FGs during training camp scrimmages.
:snack:

Encouraging, but training camp scrimmages are a bit less daunting than a 47 yard FG down 2 with :10 left in a key game against say... Green Bay or Dallas.

There will be a few times we will really need Blair Walsh to come through and I'm still not very comfortable with this fact.