Chris Carson continues to impress

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yesterday

Sheil Kapadia
ESPN Writer

Seahawks rookie report: Running back Chris Carson ended practice with a big touchdown run. After he reached the end zone, Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin raced downfield to congratulate him. A seventh-round pick out of Oklahoma State, Carson was a favorite of Pete Carroll's during draft time. At 6-foot, 218, Carson is impressive physically. He'll be competing for a roster spot – likely with Alex Collins – but flashed his talent today and will be a player to watch in the preseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1a89idd4 said:
Yesterday

Sheil Kapadia
ESPN Writer

Seahawks rookie report: Running back Chris Carson ended practice with a big touchdown run. After he reached the end zone, Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin raced downfield to congratulate him. A seventh-round pick out of Oklahoma State, Carson was a favorite of Pete Carroll's during draft time. At 6-foot, 218, Carson is impressive physically. He'll be competing for a roster spot – likely with Alex Collins – but flashed his talent today and will be a player to watch in the preseason.

Nice seeing you AC, we will be playing against you soon, Colts love our RB's :)

[youtube]cagBxHqLuKA[/youtube]

Polk738

Reaction score
pretty impressive if he outran Bobby, I know he is no slouch

mikeak

Reaction score
Guys love the articles and links but you cannot copy and paste full articles. It will get this site shutdown. Please edit

Now to discuss the post.

Blitz pickup will win Carson the job and sounds real good to me

Seymour

Reaction score
Great story and there is one every year, but he's got an uphill battle with the players ahead of him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seymour":33et7k57 said:
Great story and there is one every year, but he's got an uphill battle with the players ahead of him.

One outstanding day does not a TC make. It is consistency that will get Pete's attention. We all love to see that first giant step forward.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CMike has the ability to change speed and direction on a dime, but isn't the strongest against contact. If Carson has the measurables that PC likes, and has some of Rawls love of contact, it'll come down to our line opening a few holes.

Once again, we're left expectantly hoping for for the same thing year after year.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kid lights it up for the 3rd practice in a row now.

Seahawks rookie report: It's become pretty much a daily occurrence, but seventh-round pick Chris Carson burst through the line of scrimmage for another long touchdown run of 25-plus yards. Seahawks running backs coach Chad Morton loved what he saw and raced downfield to congratulate Carson after the score. Carson has been one of the most impressive players at camp so far and is someone to keep an eye on in the preseason.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seymour":drt77nb3 said:

Yup there are always camp heros, especially at rb. Last year it was Pope (thats his name right?) year prior, T Rawls, years prior Ware, even all the way back to Forsett.

That's why I would never recommend spending real draft capital on a RB.... altho after saying that I do remember Lynch and AP were first round picks. I guess that spits in the face of my argument.

chris98251

Reaction score
gowazzu02":fda4udxg said:
Seymour":fda4udxg said:

Yup there are always camp heros, especially at rb. Last year it was Pope (thats his name right?) year prior, T Rawls, years prior Ware, even all the way back to Forsett.

That's why I would never recommend spending real draft capital on a RB.... altho after saying that I do remember Lynch and AP were first round picks. I guess that spits in the face of my argument.

But your a Coug, you get that so much you all think it's just raining :)

LolaRox

Reaction score
Good for him. I'm looking forward to watching the RBs and WRs in preseason games. These are shaping up to be some pretty good battles for the last couple guys in each position.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he is really any good we won't see much of him pre season, a quarter or so a game, if he plays more then he is a cusp player, Figure game 3 or 4 they know who they really want and play time comes down to guys that have more utility rolls as well as back up options.

Seafan

Reaction score
It's crazy how one season can make a huge difference. Davis and Collins will be playing somewhere this year.

ACFan

Reaction score
If injuries or attrition of some sort doesn't occur over the next few weeks, coaches may be faced with some tough choices.

First one injured may be the one left out, without much chance to heal and return.

Or whoever fumbles first, or the most, would certainly be hard to overcome as well.

It ought to be a tight competition, wouldn't be surprised to see any combination of the 6 backs make the top 4 by regular season time.

FWIW, I don't think Rawls and Prosise BOTH go through preseason uninjured, so the top 4 could well be Lacy, (Rawls or Prosise), Collins and Carson.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seafan":12wjtq83 said:
It's crazy how one season can make a huge difference. Davis and Collins will be playing somewhere this year.
Davis could really make a case for himself out there. I saw some footage from camp that looked like he was the most sudden slasher out there.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":25tivvs5 said:
If he is really any good we won't see much of him pre season, a quarter or so a game, if he plays more then he is a cusp player, Figure game 3 or 4 they know who they really want and play time comes down to guys that have more utility rolls as well as back up options.
Chubby Collins got quite a lot of PS PT last year, it looked like crap, and he still made it anyway.

That said, at the 210 pounds he's at now he's got a decent ceiling of a good 3rd string guy. Won't wow you in any way, but does things right, which obviously goes a long way.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I can't wait to see him in a preseason game. It's going to be very hard for him to make the team though. He has to supplant Collins or have CJ/Rawls/Lacy get injured IMO.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Great reading about his blitz pick up. That is HUGE in making this team. If Carson is really as good as I am reading, I would not be surprised if he is not used much in preseason games to keep him off the radar. That would be the only way he could survive on the practice squad. Best case scenario is that he wins the last position and flat out makes the roster.

Latest posts